autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

C8 cover pics/friction points.

I figured this might be useful or maybe just interesting for some of you guys. Had a new C8 come in today and remembered seeing guys on a few occasions asking about some mysterious marks on the rear of the car and elsewhere.

This is a 2021 and it looks like they changed the cover design a bit. The foam pads are now covered with the same material as the cover instead of being raw foam. While it isn’t perfect, the damage done was much less than the 2020 covers.

Along the roof line there is a lot of rubbing going on, hard to capture with my phone but it runs for most of the roofline on both the driver and passenger side.

Some white tape to protect some of the pointy trim under the transit cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Mike Phillips

Re: C8 cover pics/friction points.

Just to chime in....

I've detailed 2 of the new C8 Corvettes, both black. I've found the paint to be on the SOFT side. I wouldn't say it's stupid soft, but it's soft.

I would NOT put a car cover on a C8 Corvette unless you, (or the owner), already knows and accepts the fact that the act of putting the car cover on is going to scratch it. The act of any movement of the car cover while on the Corvette will likely scratch it. And if there's any wind or air currents moving the car cover it's going to scuff and mar the paint.

It simply scratches too easy. A quality ceramic coating would definitely help but if it were my Corvette - I wouldn't do it. That's of course unless it was white or silver metallic.

Mike Phillips

Also...

You posted this in Off Topic and while that's perfectly okay - it would probably be better in Detailing 101.

Would you like me to move the thread?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Also...

You posted this in Off Topic and while that's perfectly okay - it would probably be better in Detailing 101.

Would you like me to move the thread?

I want sure where to put it, feel free to move where appropriate.

Also, this is actually the shipping cover. It’s how it is shipped from the factory and I snapped the photos as I removed it so everyone can see where the mystery swirls and such come from. This blue is also on the soft side, a little black fire polish will clean it right up before the client flys in to take delivery. I’m not sure I would want to drive it out of Detroit in the middle of winter, but to each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app