autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Mini review: Griot's Garage Rubber Prep & Ceramic Speed Shine

So these are a couple products I added to my cart when the long on back order 2" backing plate conversion/6 pad kit finally came in for the GG3. Griot's has free shipping over $59.00 and I went over that, ofcoarse. Here's a quick review of the titled products.

Griot's Garage Rubber Prep
    --------------------

Directions are pretty straight forward, simply wipe on to remove old dressings, oils and whatever is left over AFTER cleaning them and/or after carwash.

The product doesn't have a chemical smell and once you wipe it on the tire it starts to evaporate after a short amount of time and this was on a 40 degree day in the sunny shade, pretty impressive. My tires were left looking natrual, begging for some dressing...which they receivedMini review: Griot's Garage Rubber Prep & Ceramic Speed Shine

For under $18.00 this is a solid product and I look forward to future uses, other than tires included!

Griot's Garage Ceramic Speed Shine
    --------------------------

The long time staple of Griot's Garage, Speed Shine, has just been made better...MUCH better with the addition of ceramic Sio2 content.

This product can be used as a drying aid or dry application, I used it as the latter today.

When I got home from the car wash it had the usual dried water dribbles from the usual areas, even after I dried them at the wash AND once at the park, perfect reason to try it, rightMini review: Griot's Garage Rubber Prep & Ceramic Speed Shine

So it was 40 and in the shade, so wasn't sure how it was going to work, combined with my car having about a month old coat of 303 spray graphene coating on it to boot. I sprayed about 6 sprays on the hood and dried it with the lightly damp DPC Sucker Jr towel. I'm VERY pleased to report that the product DID NOT streak AND left the surface glowingMini review: Griot's Garage Rubber Prep & Ceramic Speed ShineI went around the car with ease, a real pleasure to use for sure.

It was great to stand back and enjoy a glowing car on a sunny 40 degree day 5 days before Christmas, thank Griot's Garage for another outstanding pair of products new to me as well as less than 24 hr delivery tooMini review: Griot's Garage Rubber Prep & Ceramic Speed ShineMini review: Griot's Garage Rubber Prep & Ceramic Speed Shine

Looking forward to reviewing that Griot's Garage foaming Surface Prep in the spring!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Thanks oneheadlite, Loach, Desertnate, PaulMys thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mini review: Griot's Garage Rubber Prep & Ceramic Speed Shine

I wasn't going to add any pics but I took 2 from a different angle and one magnified a bit. I should reiterate that the Ceramic Speed Shine played very well with the 303 graphene coated paint AND on a cool, 40 degree day. It's always a good thing when products play well with other mfgsMini review: Griot's Garage Rubber Prep & Ceramic Speed ShineMini review: Griot's Garage Rubber Prep & Ceramic Speed ShineMini review: Griot's Garage Rubber Prep & Ceramic Speed Shine

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

The Speed Shine information is helpful. From my experience with other products, you need to be pretty careful with them due to how easy they streak. The fact you could apply it to panels directly, AND you could do it in weather that cold is pretty impressive.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

5. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Thanks!

The Speed Shine information is helpful. From my experience with other products, you need to be pretty careful with them due to how easy they streak. The fact you could apply it to panels directly, AND you could do it in weather that cold is pretty impressive.
    ...as well as on a graphene coated carMini review: Griot's Garage Rubber Prep & Ceramic Speed Shine

Post Thanks / Like

Made that call to Griot's customer service and thanked them for the quick delivery, that's how you take care of a 6 month + B.O.Mini review: Griot's Garage Rubber Prep & Ceramic Speed ShineMini review: Griot's Garage Rubber Prep & Ceramic Speed Shine

8. Likes MadMerc, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

***UODATE***

This is more about Griot's as a company than my mini review. So I get home from work this afternoon and there's a shoebox sized box from Griot's and I'm like "what could this be?", I mean I recieved my entire order from them over the weekend. I open the box and it's a single sprayer for the Ceramic Speed Shine. Now I thought nothing of it, just simply used the one from my 3 in 1 Cersmic Spray, after cleaning it out. I said nothing to the customer service guy about this when I called to thank them about the quick delivery so I assume THEY realized the error and got it to me. Yeah, it's nice to not have to swap out sprayers but this really a something. Keep in mind the high QUALITY of these sprayers for the 22 ounce bottles Mini review: Griot's Garage Rubber Prep & Ceramic Speed ShineMini review: Griot's Garage Rubber Prep & Ceramic Speed Shine

The best never rest, even during this bullsh!t year of 2020....great job Griot's Mini review: Griot's Garage Rubber Prep & Ceramic Speed Shine

10. Likes MisterSnoop, VISITOR, PaulMys, Jim w liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    ***UODATE***

This is more about Griot's as a company than my mini review. So I get home from work this afternoon and there's a shoebox sized box from Griot's and I'm like "what could this be?", I mean I recieved my entire order from them over the weekend. I open the box and it's a single sprayer for the Ceramic Speed Shine. Now I thought nothing of it, just simply used the one from my 3 in 1 Cersmic Spray, after cleaning it out. I said nothing to the customer service guy about this when I called to thank them about the quick delivery so I assume THEY realized the error and got it to me. Yeah, it's nice to not have to swap out sprayers but this really a something. Keep in mind the high QUALITY of these sprayers for the 22 ounce bottles Mini review: Griot's Garage Rubber Prep & Ceramic Speed ShineMini review: Griot's Garage Rubber Prep & Ceramic Speed Shine

The best never rest, even during this bullsh!t year of 2020....great job Griot's Mini review: Griot's Garage Rubber Prep & Ceramic Speed Shine

Yeah those sprayers are nice. One of my favorite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very cool. Is this the smaller 22oz sprayer or the larger one (32oz?) like you get with their wheel cleaners? The way things are going shipping wise right now, they may have been sent at the same time and you're just now getting it!

I assume you bought a gallon of the Speed Shine vs. a smount which already comes in a spray bottle?
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Very cool. Is this the smaller 22oz sprayer or the larger one (32oz?) like you get with their wheel cleaners? The way things are going shipping wise right now, they may have been sent at the same time and you're just now getting it!

I assume you bought a gallon of the Speed Shine vs. a smount which already comes in a spray bottle?
    He got the 22oz. I did too just to try and with all the products i try have (worst with klasse, has a ton i bet). Smaller amounts make sense. A new latest and greatest will be here in spring.

The sprayers were talking about are the 22oz ones. The 36oz are meh, for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    ***UODATE***

Very cool to hear, Rog.

Every time I deal with Griot's CS, they make you feel like you are the only customer they have, and that their full attention is solely on you.

Now THAT is how you do it.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

16. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Craig Encinitas liked this post