autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Show me how to post larger pictures

I have read, reread, reread, on how to attach a picture larger than a thumbnail. When I want to post a picture I am clicking on manage attachments and the next screen will allow me to Add Files. I click on Add Files and it asks me from where and I grab the photo from My Files where my pictures are stored on my computer called Gallery.
    Well any way here is an example of a photo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show me how to post larger pictures-651611064_dsc_0037_10189078_resized_1-2-jpg  

2. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Show me how to post larger pictures

I use taptalk to post pictures and normal desktop view on cell phone for browsing

Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

Post Thanks / Like

I was told by a long time member to go to Microsoft paint there's a place where you can resize pictures...on my computer on the left side bottom there's a place you can type in Microsoft paint...hope that works for you

Mike Phillips

When I see someone post a thumbnail - I >click< on the image to bring up the full sizer version.

Next I right >click< on the image and select - Copy Image Location

Then I insert the image using the BB Code Image Tags. Opening tag looks like this,

[img]

Closing tag looks like the above by has a forward slash before the letter i

If you do it correctly, it looks like this,

I have probably a dozen articles on how to work with images on forums. After almost 20 years of trying to teach people, help people etc. I finally gave up.

I'm self taught. If I can do it. Anyone can do it. Heck, I even wrote article to help. When I self-taught myself - there were no articles.

Mike Phillips

IF

IF you're going to use a phone - then do this,

The easy way to share a picture on a forum - Tapatalk App for your cell phone

As a person that shares a LOT of pictures in the forum world using the best way, which is to upload pictures to a gallery so the pictures have an actual cyber home with an actual cyber address, I completely understand that the majority of people don't know how to do this and don't have the patience or wherewithal to figure it out.

So with that said, here's the easy way, simply get the TapaTalk App on your phone. Links below for the type of phone you have.

Link for TapaTalk for iPhone

Link for TapaTalk from Google Play

I don't have a tutorial on how to then use the App but I figure it out and if I can do it - most of you should be able to look at the interface and with a little experimenting - figure it out.

Me? The hundreds of photos you see me post each week I'm primarily doing behind a Windows 10 Computer. It's the easiest way. If on a phone or tablet - get Tapatalk and teach yourself how to use it.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't use a phone.
    When I want to post a picture I click on Manage Attachment - Add Files - Choose File - (pic. from my computer Gallery) - Upload - Done - takes me back to Manage Attachment page - at this point I can preview or submit. If I preview I get the tumbnail. With my tablet I don't have a Right Click.
    So anyway if I hold my finger over the tumb I get this list Open in new Tab, Open in incognito Tab, Copy link address, Download Link, Share Link, Open image in new Tab, Copy Tab, Download Image, Search with Google Lens, Share Image.