autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How is everyone staying sane during well... 2020 ?

Left my paralegal job about 2 months ago due to anxiety and mental health, been doing some home improvment projects and bought a tool box after I cleaned up the basement and behind the fridge in the garage...yes, clean up behind your fridge, you would be surprised. Ive been getting into upgrading some pc hardware and might get a welder and teach myself as well.

Hope people have been okay and I have family that is okay for the most part but things have been depressing especially in the nyc area.

Hope the rest of the forum members are doing well.
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

2. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, Farmallluvr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How is everyone staying sane during well... 2020 ?

Great post, Bill.

Glad you are doing well in Gotham.

I'm holding my own out here on the East End of LI.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Still kickin,,,was real happy to have my dealership job this year,,for some reason everyone in my area wanted their cars repaired or were buying new ones,,,,and used ones.

we went 1/2 staff and I did some technician work as well as used cars and some bodyshop work too,,good thing I'm kind of a Jack of all trades
    “I have trouble with names and faces, but I never forget a car.”

5. Likes PaulMys, Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been unemployed since the end of March, we moved cities, 2 hours north of where I was. I've been watching the job market, but I'm being picky, I don't want to work for a big international again, I did that for 32 years. I don't want to work weekends, or late/early shifts. So I found 1 job I liked, but so did everyone else.

So I've been walking my dogs twice a day, watching Mythbusters ( I was really bummed when I heard about Grant), Top Gear, Motortrend TV. I've been tinkering in the garage. The important thing is to keep a routine going, my average step count is around 17000, so I'm keeping active. I go to the golf driving range once a week, it was allowed even during the lock down, they spread the mats apart.

And of course, detailing both the FJ and the Qashqai, I have thought about doing my brother's Mitsubishi.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

7. Likes PaulMys, Craig Encinitas, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

prior neighbor was very lucky and met adam and jamie when mythbusters was still active
    Bill 1234

9. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fortunately nothing has really changed for me other than stores, restaurants, etc being closed that we would normally go to for a while, and wearing masks.

I’ve been going to work everyday since the start of the pandemic (very blessed to say the least)...the only good part was traffic was very light but has been building for the last month or so...almost back to normal in the afternoons.

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

11. Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Im wating for the craftsman tool plant in fort worth to open but covid is maybe pushing that back. So happy to see made in usa tools again from them
    Bill 1234

13. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My sanity is subjective. I’m twenty months sober and miss attending in-person A.A. meetings. There’s plenty of them online, but it’s not the same.

I’ve been at my job twenty years this month, and it’s not the same either. Grateful to be employed, so I should shut my mouth before I complain.

Detailing cars keeps me calm. I’m definitely into hobbies that keep my brain active. So I binge daily on YouTube videos and read reviews on autos and detailing products. I probably buy too much stuff, but at least it’s for a good cause.

I surf as much as possible, and apparently so does everyone else now. The weather here in SoCal has been very warm and dry. So my cars get washed less often. Actually, it’s probably a good idea to practice a rinseless and waterless wash this week.

🧽 How is everyone staying sane during well... 2020 ? 🧼 How is everyone staying sane during well... 2020 ? How is everyone staying sane during well... 2020 ? How is everyone staying sane during well... 2020 ?

Post Thanks / Like

Two friends were heavily into drugs and alcohol before getting and staying sober. Biggest things for them were to find hobbies that were not drugs and stick to them. This is also one of the topics im concerned about with the whole defund the police movement as I am from a CJ background. Multiple jail sentences dont help the issue but rather actual treatment and giving people the chance to correct themselves when and where needed. There are people that use meth and come back 23 times or more for an arrest. All those tax dollars could have been spent on rehab and treatment and getting the person out of the system and on to better things than an addiction. People might argue well that their fault. Well, look at our prison system, highest recidivism rate of any 1st world country !!!
    Bill 1234

16. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Dislikes Bobh59 disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was fortunate to retire early 5 years ago so the work “thing”was already in my past. I live in two zip codes, one warm, one cold. Moving back and forth every 6 months keeps things fresh with new projects.
    With restaurants being closed I’ve lost 25 lbs but eating healthy. Meeting friends in parks for picnics is the new norm here.
    Garage therapy is on going!

18. Likes Craig Encinitas, Big Dave, DFB liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast