autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Toyota CAMRY TRD

Toyota CAMRY TRD-download-1-jpg

Had one pass me on the way to work last week. I am like WTH was that? Saw the name plate on the rear. A real looker. Reviews seem to be positive.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

2. Likes Mike Hoekstra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toyota CAMRY TRD

Decent but a little over the top for me on THIS type of sedan. IMO it looks as if they are trying too hard. The regular XSE in Silver with a black roof and red leather is the best looking one IMO. Neighbor has one and I'd detail the car for him but like many / most Camry owners, he's not even a car-guy. Ugh.....

That said, overall, I LOVE the XSE in the link here. The reliability of it is for me a 10/10 and the silky smooth V6 while not the most powerful is okay for the fact that it's linear in delivery and again, bulletproof. The main downside to Toyota is their interior. Like Lexus, and even my Infiniti, the Japanese drag things out too long and need to get things updated. They do however, do a good job with styling of the exteriors.

Test Drive: Toyota Camry XSE is not your Aunt Bessie's sedan | Chattanooga Times Free Press
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen a couple of them and did the same thing...had to do a double take!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems pretty solid. I used to own toyota camry 2012 and I can say a lot about this car either. First of all it worth its money - solid, safety and comfortable car for any kind of person or family. But one thing should be considered - all car's features and options. So it's better to check user manual by link then trying to find quality reviews about the car imao

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a brand new Camry XSE last year. I love the body lines etc. and I'll drive it until the wheels fall off, like I did with my last Camry that was handed down to my son after 14 years. The TRD is my car with a V6 shoved in it and a spoiler. It's cool and fun to look at, but seems like a redundant vehicle. Now, the new all-wheel-drive Camry is a nice addition, and one that has taken a few too many years to bring to market, in my personal opinion.
    Owner/Operator Auto Massage LLC - www.automassagellc.com
    Custom painter and commissioned artist - www.spikedairstudio.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey Mike View Post
    I bought a brand new Camry XSE last year. I love the body lines etc. and I'll drive it until the wheels fall off, like I did with my last Camry that was handed down to my son after 14 years. The TRD is my car with a V6 shoved in it and a spoiler. It's cool and fun to look at, but seems like a redundant vehicle. Now, the new all-wheel-drive Camry is a nice addition, and one that has taken a few too many years to bring to market, in my personal opinion.
    The silly thing is you can't get the V6 with AWD.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Not a bad looking car and I like the color. One parks near me at work frequently and it appears to be well kept so the read really pops.

Toyota is really trying to be a little more interesting and offer more performance based models of some of their vehicles. I applaud them for it. I hear the TRD Camry isn't half bad for a FWD sedan.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Not a bad looking car and I like the color. One parks near me at work frequently and it appears to be well kept so the read really pops.

Toyota is really trying to be a little more interesting and offer more performance based models of some of their vehicles. I applaud them for it. I hear the TRD Camry isn't half bad for a FWD sedan.
    The TRD Camry overall isn't a bad idea but the weird thing to me is that they didn't touch the engine at all, it's still open diff so it doesn't make much sense personally.

Change a couple of those things and it starts making a bit more sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Does it use a electronic e-diff rather than a mechanical one? I haven't read up on them more than a couple quick reviews. Not as good as a mechanical one, but at least a step in the right direction.

Toyota's engines puzzle me. They are often not as exciting as you'd think based on the numbers. I'd bet its the same V6 found in the Lexus ES, IS, and a few other vehicles in the fleet. It might be OK in the Camry, but I know it's underwhelming in the IS350. In all fairness,300hp is a pretty stout number, the Camry isn't that heavy of a car. It takes a little wizardry and black magic to make a FWD car properly handle lots of power (i.e. Civic R)

The TRD impresses me personally, for three reasons.
    1) Toyota actually made a performance version of a car that was more than a cosmetic package with fancy wheels and some different colored body parts. Too many automakers these days think sport=appearance rather than performance
    2) They worked on the suspension. Again some automakers may give a "sport" model more power, but it still sits on a mediocre suspension. At this point in my life, I'm much more interested in how a car behaves as it gets around an on-ramp than I am by my exit velocity as I come off the ramp.
    3) They actually built it. In a world of boring SUVs and trucks taking over the market I have to applaud because they tried.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Does it use a electronic e-diff rather than a mechanical one? I haven't read up on them more than a couple quick reviews. Not as good as a mechanical one, but at least a step in the right direction.

Toyota's engines puzzle me. They are often not as exciting as you'd think based on the numbers. I'd bet its the same V6 found in the Lexus ES, IS, and a few other vehicles in the fleet. It might be OK in the Camry, but I know it's underwhelming in the IS350. In all fairness,300hp is a pretty stout number, the Camry isn't that heavy of a car. It takes a little wizardry and black magic to make a FWD car properly handle lots of power (i.e. Civic R)

The TRD impresses me personally, for three reasons.
    1) Toyota actually made a performance version of a car that was more than a cosmetic package with fancy wheels and some different colored body parts. Too many automakers these days think sport=appearance rather than performance
    2) They worked on the suspension. Again some automakers may give a "sport" model more power, but it still sits on a mediocre suspension. At this point in my life, I'm much more interested in how a car behaves as it gets around an on-ramp than I am by my exit velocity as I come off the ramp.
    3) They actually built it. In a world of boring SUVs and trucks taking over the market I have to applaud because they tried.
    I'm pretty sure there's no LSD at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast