autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thread: EGO Mowers

Post Thanks / Like

EGO Mowers

The Craftsman is getting some age. LOL. 21" self propelled. Always starts first pull. Put some money in it as of late. New wheels all around. I keep up on it.

Interested in the battery powered craze as of late. EGO has my attention. The 64v dual batt/self propelled looks nice. Reviews are very positive. Reads like a beast. I do believe that model would cut the 1/4 acre here no problem. Any one have one or any input on them? The idea of no more gas or oil reads great. The next string trimmer i get will also be battery powered, once the gas one gives up the ghost.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/EGO-21-IN-S...PWR/1003130742
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: EGO Mowers

let me say this...i recently bought a battery weed trimmer ,the wife generally does this work and does care for gasoline equipment.

we do not have a lot to trim, the tool has plenty of power but always leaves us short on finishing.

personally, if though you have to refuel in some cases...it is an instant fix.

3. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    The Craftsman is getting some age. LOL. 21" self propelled. Always starts first pull. Put some money in it as of late. New wheels all around. I keep up on it.

Interested in the battery powered craze as of late. EGO has my attention. The 64v dual batt/self propelled looks nice. Reviews are very positive. Reads like a beast. I do believe that model would cut the 1/4 acre here no problem. Any one have one or any input on them? The idea of no more gas or oil reads great. The next string trimmer i get will also be battery powered, once the gas one gives up the ghost.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/EGO-21-IN-S...PWR/1003130742
    If you're on Facebook lookup the Lawn Care Nuts group - a lot of information and reviews about the EGO mowers and their other products.
    2018 Ford F150 - Ruby Red Metallic
    2019 Honda Odyssey - Obsidian Blue

Post Thanks / Like

My neighbor has one,fireman and in good shape. He really seems to be working hard as it seems the self propel is pretty weak. He says he like it but he had the same Honda that I have and he seems to take more time with the EGO,

Post Thanks / Like

I will never use anything but gas-powered equipment.

More power, and I always know I can fix anything on it.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Mike Phillips

For reference,

I've been nothing but impressed with the EGO Power Station.

Lucky for us - so far we haven't had to "need" it a lot. Hope I didn't just hex South Florida at the end of Hurricane Season.

My full review here including what's in the box, assembling and charging.

Review: EGO 3000 Watt Portable Power Station

Besides powering up all the normal essentials due to emergencies it's also for all the other essentials during emergencies.

8. Likes PaulMys, Ed Abbondanzio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an ego mower, leaf blower and edger and have been really impressed with all of them. It’s quiet enough I can mow at 6:00 am and the neighbors don’t even know.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    2016 Subaru Forester XT

Post Thanks / Like

I recently bought the Ego 650 cfm leaf blower for drying my cars and it is impressive to say the least! I think it will save my from having to fire up my Stihl backpack blower for moderate clean ups too... I am going to try the chainsaw next. They are well made products, spare batteries can be expensive though...