autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What will your next ride be?

Quote Originally Posted by Markymapo View Post
    Possible a Porsche MacanS in grey in 2021(selling the BMWM4 as I don’t need 2 compact semi sports cars, keeping the CaymanS). Especially since now and even in the future I only travel (24 miles round trip to work) to work 2x per week. I might not even get the Macan
    How do you compare the M4 to the IS 350?

Post Thanks / Like

The IS 350 is a better all around ride ( smoother, quite, better in winter with all wheel drive and it actually a decent acceleration n holds turns nice). But the M4 is just sick fast ( I have hit 90 in 3rd gear in a matter of seconds),but rougher ride. I have had no issues with M4 regarding repairs ( except when I hit a baseball size rock that cracked the tranny pan, had to have a mechanic to the house to replace the pan as it would not go into N for towing without manually unlocking the tranny from underneath the car which is a pain and while you are down there you may as well do the repair).Will miss it ( but I have the go cart aka the CS which is a blast to drive)
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

Post Thanks / Like

Just bought it but so not next. was sold in a C6 vette till i saw in real life so decided to keep the 5.0 and add her to the mix.

Waiting to see the next mustang redesign (2022,23) but if i cant wait till then maybe a Jeep Gladiator or new Bronco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    What does a Limited go for, Paul?
    Upper 50’s to low 60’s after discount. Window sticker was $72,000ish.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Nice, a little out of my budget. Any pictures?
    Not yet, production week is this week.
    I do not post a bunch, but Autogeek has been very helpful and a wealth of knowledge. I am blessed and very much looking forward to getting a new ride finally.

Post Thanks / Like

Im between a BMW M340i vs Audi S4, Im a VAG fan and really like the looks and interior of the S4 more, but the B58 engine in the BMW is driving me nuts!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app

9. Likes TTQ B4U, boosteddub69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Still waiting on the other drivers insurance company to get back to me, but expect my 2000 Frontier (bought new) to be "totaled", sooo...looking at a 2018-2019 Hyundai Elantra GT (hatchback). I like the looks of these, it seems to have decent room inside for supplies, and get fair MPG. I like the red, but will consider black or silver/gray.

Plan to keep that for a few years, then get something I really want - maybe an electric truck or a higher end estate/shooting brake. I am not a Tesla fan, but a designer in Europe built a "S" model estate that looks fantastic! (but had a 'fantastic' price too - $200,000!).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Rsurfer - What would be next for you?

I wish they didn't. That's all my wife has/will own!

Next for me would probably be a '19/'20 A4 allroad; just can't give up a wagon. Either White or Manhattan Grey.

Though the Navarra blue is pretty eye catching... (would be a fair departure from my previous color palette though)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markymapo View Post
    The IS 350 is a better all around ride ( smoother, quite, better in winter with all wheel drive and it actually a decent acceleration n holds turns nice). But the M4 is just sick fast ( I have hit 90 in 3rd gear in a matter of seconds),but rougher ride. I have had no issues with M4 regarding repairs ( except when I hit a baseball size rock that cracked the tranny pan, had to have a mechanic to the house to replace the pan as it would not go into N for towing without manually unlocking the tranny from underneath the car which is a pain and while you are down there you may as well do the repair).Will miss it ( but I have the go cart aka the CS which is a blast to drive)
    Unless I see something that catches my eye..next purchase will be a Lexus IS 350. Color is a big question mark as I'm tossed between a black metallic or metallic gray.

12. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just pick up a 2020 XC90 Inscription T6 five days ago. Pearl White.

14. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really torn because the market today has a distinct lack of usable, fun cars with RWD.

My tastes are pushing me towards something like a C7 Vette, Supra, or Cayman. However I also need something capable of carrying my bike and/or 3~4 people and drivable in the snow. My RWD 435i with all the performance upgrades is fast enough for me and will actually hold 4 adults when needed and works great with winter tires, but I long for something smaller, lighter, and and a little more raw.

I'll probably go with something like an M2 or maybe an M4 even though I'd like to try out some other brand. I've loved my BMW's, but would like to experience something else, but don't really see anything like them on the market. A C43 coupe of sedan are more expensive and I don't care for Merc's interiors. Audi S4 is AWD and nose heavy. Cadillac's styling, build quality, and interiors don't impress me. Lexus IS350 F-Sport left me wanting for way more power due to it's weight.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast