autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What will your next ride be?

"My only hang up with the G70 is the lack of rear seat space. It's very tight. I'd go G80 if I needed to carry passengers."

Thanks for the tip. I've not yet started looking seriously, and suspect I would have realized that when I went to look at them live. At almost 62 years old, and with a wife who has an SUV, I suspect I could live without the legroom in the back, but I will keep it in mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Buying a classic is most always a good investment. You won't lose 20% of its value in the first 6 mos.

Unless you start modding your classic, its almost certain to gain in value over the years, unlike a new car.

3. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Interior is very well made. My ONLY real complaint outside the size is the ride. It's too soft and floaty for me, but many people like it. Having now ridden in three generations of the car it is interesting to see the improvements. The interior has been incremental, but the suspension is light years from the Equus when it first came to the US. That thing would hit the bump stops going over gently rolling road surfaces all the time. No body control at all. It's way better now.

That's what I like about the G90. I test drove one with the V8(that is the one I am looking at in 2021) and I liked the ride. Somewhat floaty but firm and does'nt ride like a buckboard. Always appreciated the larger cars hence that is what I always bought with the exception of my 72 GS which was considered an intermediate back in the day size wise but I was a lot younger then.
    1972 Buick GS Stage 1
    1 of 728 made
    1 of 1 SCO color combo

Post Thanks / Like

Luckily I don’t need to drive often, my 2013 Honda Fit with 105k miles not only looks great but runs great. Same with my 05 Mustang GT garage queen, which my ins co just changed to a “classic car” with the agreed value policy.

Having said all that if we needed a second vehicle, applying all that I’ve learned from Dave Ramsey, I would look at a 5-10 year old Honda CRV or Accord, leaning towards a CRV. Probably no more than 120k miles on it, preferably, for somewhere between $8-$10k cash.

I have a great mechanic for the internals and as you know, I know a thing or two on making the externals look good. I also found a great upholstery guy who can fix or replace anything.

I am no longer, and will never be again “beholden to the lender.” Thanks to Dave Ramsey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Im all over the map, but I do plan to check out the Bronco when it’s released. I’d have to get it in velocity blue for sure. I plan to drive my Jeep for quite some time, however. I also plan at looking at more Wranglers, 392 Chargers and maybe even a Kia Stinger GT.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    Looking to order a 2021 2DR Wrangler Willy's in Snazzberry!!! Hopefully ythe order will be placed in the next month or 2
    Awesome color and will look killer with the willys black accents. PM me when you get it, or make a post. I have to see it!
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Post Thanks / Like

"I am no longer, and will never be again “beholden to the lender.” Thanks to Dave Ramsey."

Yeah, I'm a big Dave Ramsey fan too. Last thing I have is 14 months on my mortgage that we'll pay in 5, then I'll be completely debt free. Been saving for the new car for four years now, (got the Lexus given to me three years ago). I figure to buy the Genesis in 2022, and it will likely be a 2020 model, unless I can find a REALLY low mileage 2019.

Congrats on being free!
    Last edited by mk9750; 09-24-2020 at 06:11 PM. Reason: spelling

9. Thanks LSNAutoDetailing thanked for this post
    Likes LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I suppose it's hawaii. Lately I was looking for information how much does it cost to ship a car to hawaii because I would like to move there for living. I work remotely so it's a good opportunity and I would like to take my wife, my car and some other stuff with me. I've checked this service and it seems pretty good option for shipping a car I suppose.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567