autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The new KIA K5

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The new KIA K5

I'm not feeling the exterior design either. I think Hyndai is doing a better job in that department. One thing that really stands out to me is way the roof line slopes back to the trunk. It seems to follow a similar theme to what you see on the A5/S5 Sportback or the 440 Gran Coupe. It looks nice, but really limits headroom in the back seat. I hope this isn't the case for this car.

Interior looks much better to me. I've always appreciated the looks and ergonomics of Kia's interiors and the infotainment system was always quite good. The ONLY thing giving me pause about the interior of this K5 is the shift lever. It appears to be the same one found in the base Stingers, which isn't a good thing, IMO. When I first looked at the Stingers I was really impressed by the interiors until I touched the shift lever. All of the other touch points were quality materials that not only looked good but had a solid feel and the silver bits are actually aluminum. The "T" shift lever was another story. It felt like really cheap, bottom shelf, hollow plastic and totally out of place in the rest of the car. The shift lever in the Stinger GTs is a totally different story, it's really nice.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

2. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just glad it's still being made, not everyone wants/needs an SUV...becareful what you ask for peopleThe new KIA K5The new KIA K5The new KIA K5

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes Desertnate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I'm just glad it's still being made, not everyone wants/needs an SUV...becareful what you ask for peopleThe new KIA K5The new KIA K5The new KIA K5
    I am too. Not only is there something to be said for vehicle which is fuel efficient and drives better than a wallowy SUV, but in many cases the car has MORE usable cargo room than the SUV built on the same platform.

GM and Ford are bailing from the car market because they say cars don't sell well. There has been a sad and unfortunate culture shift, but part of the problem also is both those companies quit building good cars which would capture the public's attention decades ago. Some of the issue is self-inflicted. Fortunately Hyundia, Kia, Toyota, Mazda, and Honda are still building and selling quality affordable cars.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

6. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been seeing a ton of K5's around Chicagoland since they've come outThe new KIA K5The new KIA K5

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.