autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your thoughts on 15,000 mile oil changes..

I buy my OEM filters in bulk from an online Audi and Honda parts dealer. I fear one day my Cadillac will be too old and I’ll have a tough time finding a filter that will fit it. In the meantime I still have some AC Delco filters for it.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

2005 Acura TL, 214,000 miles and haven't changed the oil yet. Level looks good.

Then again it's my sons first car and haven't really drove it yet.
    Brakes, wheel speed sensor, alternator/ belt tensioner and LCAs, plus today I took off to do the front upper and lower ball joints.
    New battery also,because the hands free link was haywire and sucked the juice. That went bye-bye.
    Now you happy Jeffrey?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    What do you guys think? Is it really feasible to think that with modern synthetic oil one could go 15,000 miles between oil changes?

I’ve already decided what my thoughts are on this topic, but I’d like to hear what you guys think. Btw not that it matters, because I don’t use synthetic oil anyways.. But I’m still 1 of those people who changes the oil every 3,000 miles. Always have to maybe it’s just a habit I feel good with.
    In my opinion it's the cheapest thing you can do to keep your ride in good mechanical shape.

4. Likes bfielder32087 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ford recommends 3-10k. 3 for severe driving. 10 for easy. I do mine around 5-7. And jiffy lube charges 89-109 for full synthetic. I need an extra 3 quartz.

Not gonna lie i go to wal mart. Around $35-50 and i being my own oil and filter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Eh I go to the dealership for my oil changes. Mazda charges me 80 dollars after tax for synthetic oil change with the high moly 0W20 they use with the mazda skyactiv engines. I casually threaten a lawsuit over them washing my car and then go sit in one of the new SUVs and browse this forum while I wait lol

I go around the 8000km mark (sorry rest of the forum, I don't understand miles, might be cause we didn't shoot our way to independence? :shrug The way I see it, I follow manufacturer recommendations. If any issues needs to be warrantied, I'll have a letter from my lawyer asking for the warranty.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

7. Likes BudgetPlan1, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    Eh I go to the dealership for my oil changes. Mazda charges me 80 dollars after tax for synthetic oil change with the high moly 0W20 they use with the mazda skyactiv engines. I casually threaten a lawsuit over them washing my car and then go sit in one of the new SUVs and browse this forum while I wait lol

I go around the 8000km mark (sorry rest of the forum, I don't understand miles, might be cause we didn't shoot our way to independence? :shrug The way I see it, I follow manufacturer recommendations. If any issues needs to be warrantied, I'll have a letter from my lawyer asking for the warranty.
    I see you are a very litigious fellow Will......... Lol

And remember, our "Shooting our way into independence" benefitted Canada as well.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

9. Likes Bobh59 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    (sorry rest of the forum, I don't understand miles, might be cause we didn't shoot our way to independence? :shrug
    Well done! Your thoughts on 15,000 mile oil changes..Your thoughts on 15,000 mile oil changes..

Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, I have no time for car dealerships. I've found in the past dealing with them to not waste my time arguing back and forth, and just have my lawyer write out my request. Saves me time on the long run. I'm not normally this aggressive but for dealerships, I got nothing but aggression for them lol.

I had a dealership try to charge me for a recall once. Also had them try to charge me double labour rates under some pretense. Had them try to charge me for something I didn't ask for, I told him I'm not paying for it. Tried to charge me a cabin air filter during an oil change after I had the cabin air filter changed two weeks ago myself. Had them charge me for cleaning the rotors pads during a brake change. I'm like what. You cleaned them and then took them off. What are you cleaning them for. Had a mechanic try to steal something from my car, I called the police for that. When my cars go in for service, I take pictures of the exterior from all 8 eights (to get the four corners as well), the odometer, and the interior. If anything is changed, I send a complaint to the manufacturer's head office in the country. I've tried to be polite with them but after getting some rude comments by the service managers and what not, I wait until they have new people in to buy a car and then make a big deal about things. I've also had a guy try to charge me over MSRP. I ripped his sales manager a new one and sent a complaint to the manufacturer. I also tell them I don't pay for anything until I see my car.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

12. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What the hell kind of car/dealer is this?^

14. Likes bfielder32087 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’d travel out of my way to another dealer or find a good independent mechanic.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast