autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Call to Ban YouTubers

Can AutoGeek please ban the YouTube influencers that drop their videos here, with little, to no engagement with the people that are here day in and day out. Specifically Stauffer, and OrangeVee (Pan The organizer) I think they are doing just fine on their YouTube channels without AutoGeek helping them.

2. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Call to Ban YouTubers

Without bashing anyone, and respect for everyone. When I started “cleaning cars” I actually did pretty good. Once I got on YouTube I actually started to doubt my cleaning abilities. That’s all I’ll say to keep positive flow here, was it there fault? Nope, now I’m on here daily and I’ve learned more from this forum then on YouTube detailers.

I love this forum it’s made me a better detailer, and those are my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    My goal in life is to love God, family and myself. To love others and treat others right.

4. Likes acuRAS82, custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll second that. Pan the Advertiser is the worst. Do what you gotta do to make money,that's fine but this isn't the place to advertise. I'm guessing most of the regulars here don't watch his videos.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

6. Likes dennis b, PaulMys, custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I agree about Pan. Actually I watched a lot of his videos, and until he really got carried away with advertising rather than instruction, found them worthwhile. But even then, I kept looking for his engagement on AutoGeek, and found almost none. Someone called him out on it once (during the Geat BeadMaker debate of 2018, I think), and he claimed his YouTube offerings were his engagement. Doesn't cut it for me. Your mileage may vary.

9. Likes bfielder32087, Bearcats98 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am in absolute favor of this idea! I come on AGO for discussion not for commercials for YT videos.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

11. Likes bfielder32087, custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mk9750 View Post
    I agree about Pan. Actually I watched a lot of his videos, and until he really got carried away with advertising rather than instruction, found them worthwhile. But even then, I kept looking for his engagement on AutoGeek, and found almost none. Someone called him out on it once (during the Geat BeadMaker debate of 2018, I think), and he claimed his YouTube offerings were his engagement. Doesn't cut it for me. Your mileage may vary.
    Yes, the great BM debate of 2018 is the only time I remember him posting for real, and it was really just to defend himself.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree. Pan is the worst offender. He does the same thing in many of the car forums he's on. I'm not sure why they even let him post. Does good video work but is a hit and run guy with very little engagement. When he does, he's pretty argumentative too. Been there done that with him around throwing out or reusing wipe off towels when coating cars. Knucklehead he is IMO.

Stauffer I like but I'm biased because he's a local to me and while I don't know him personally he's better than pan in many ways. Still not at all engaging even with me as a local but hey, that's on him not me, I've tried and would still welcome it. He and his wife are both BIG YouTubers and outside some issues related to their adoption of a child, etc. they seem pretty legit overall. In terms of engaging and interacting, it must be a personality thing they both share. Great on camera but who knows in real life they may be introverted geeks that can't relate. Don't know.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

14. Likes bfielder32087, custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Problem with this banning scenario is you have a guy like Loach (Waxmode on Youtube) that posts his Youtube video's and does engage in conversation here. I don't always agree with his findings but he seems genuinely interested in sorting out the good products from the posers.

Can you in good conscious pick and choose who stays and who goes?
    Mythos Black C7.5 S6 (sold) / 2022 Camry SE (Ice Edge)

16. Thanks KBsToy, Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Likes KBsToy, AZpolisher15, Daviddear30, ifadey liked this post
    Dislikes custmsprty disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes i can. Pan and Stauffer are the worst offenders of dropping videos for clickbait, with almost no engagement

Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast