autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Call to Ban YouTubers

Surprising the moderators haven`t put this in their area .

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a set of wheel brushes not sold here that Pan had in one of his product specials.
    He spent more time waving the bag of brushes around than actually using them.
    But the snippet of when he did led me to make the purchase.

His video was about the only one I could find besides the store video for a review.

They are detailers and probably make decent money doing what they do. It looks like they also do good work.
    I would say as long as the products are sold here let them roll the video.

Besides Pan cracks me up and Stauffer does some wicked high speed video.

Post Thanks / Like

I must admit that Pan has a pretty cool garage.

4. Likes spazzz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would rather watch AMMO NYC's videos than anything else. He never pushes products, not even his own. He says he uses his own products cause (Duh) they do what he's looking for from the product. He talks about techniques and different situations and soiling levels he comes across and shows how he deals with them. Don't get me wrong, I respectfully disagree with him when it comes to things like protecting the paint and certain things about the wash process but he is very knowledgeable. I have a ton of respect for him not because of what he's done and what not, but rather because he used to manufacturer a polish and a compound but they did not end up doing what they were meant to and he stopped producing them and just told people to use whatever ones they like.

I enjoy the fact that he likes to go on a scientific level about how different things work and why they work. However, he puts his videos on youtube, answers whatever questions and comments he has, and doesn't push anything on anyone.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

6. Likes oneheadlite, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Larry from Ammo NYC has a cool garage too.

8. Likes spazzz, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot of online communities I’m in have a dumpster section.. sorry, I mean content creator section where people can specifically plug their videos which is away from the other sections of the forums.

I don’t prefer to watch someone talk about how great every product is, because that’s not reality. Tell me the downsides, and stop hiding behind a guise of “I don’t want to be negative” because that’s just you being disingenuous to your viewers, who deserve your honesty.

People like Loach I value highly because he’s interactive on YouTube and here. Maybe more so YouTube, but I see him post on the forums plenty. He also feels like one of the more objective voices on YouTube. There’s a few content creators out there I feel aren’t trying to sell me stuff, but there’s not a lot.

I don’t think anyone should be banned, but I do think their posts should be moved into a content creator specific section. When a graveyard of posts with no interaction starts to accumulate that would be pretty telling, imo.

Post Thanks / Like

i would agree as loach is a true asset here- very interactive and no agenda-the rest of them could learn about transparenty and learn what it means to give and not drop a video and bolt

11. Likes PaulMys, DMiglio, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by john b View Post
    i would agree as loach is a true asset here- very interactive and no agenda-the rest of them could learn about transparenty and learn what it means to give and not drop a video and bolt
    Agreed.

As with anything in life, there are good, bad, and in between.

But the bad are the ones that fueled this thread.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

13. Likes DMiglio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Call to Ban YouTubers

I think it’s worthwhile for the Autogeek staff to sit down and create an official policy regarding posting YT videos. What kinds are and are not allowed. That is if they care that currently anyone can use this forum to promote their videos whether they feature AG products or not.

I know if it were my forum I wouldn’t want it to be a tool for people to take advantage of to collect views and therefore profit. Some members have benign intent and have created Videos that contribute to the forum but others have not. It’s those others that need to be curbed
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I think it’s worthwhile for the Autogeek staff to sit down and create an official policy regarding posting YT videos. What kinds are and are not allowed. That is if they care that currently anyone can use this forum to promote their videos whether they feature AG products or not.

I know if it were my forum I wouldn’t want it to be a tool for people to take advantage of to collect views and therefore profit. Some members have benign intent and have created Videos that contribute to the forum but others have not. It’s those others that need to be curved.
    While I agree in a way, it's not like these YTers are causing havoc. Just a mild annoyance for some. (Myself included).

And remember, the AG staff (moderators) are not solely all about this forum. They do it as another part of their jobs at AG.

There are many forums out there that are just out to make money, and that is their sole purpose. Ads, ads, ads unless you pay a membership fee. I have been on plenty of these, and they are almost as poison as FaceBook.

AGO is free to join, and IMO has been kept 99% member friendly by the moderators. A very commendable feat to say the least.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

16. Likes KBsToy liked this post
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast