autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Call to Ban YouTubers

Bob, Ric I apologize my post was not thought out.

You gentleman are correct. Actually I agree with you both.

What I meant to say was, my problem with YouTube channels they push products that don’t portray the truth.

Again, listen I’m not going bash them, (love everyone).

I do however think they as YouTube influences should have a level of responsibility not to stand behind a product that isn’t what they claim.

I’ve learned more from persons such as you Ric, and this forum it’s great.

But yes I respect your opinion, no need to argue with each other.

I’ve watched them all mostly and I can honestly say that the product they pushed me to buy, just wasted my time and money.

I do have a little problem with that aspect, but I’ll stop and won’t offend anyone, that’s not right.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    My goal in life is to love God, family and myself. To love others and treat others right.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't disagree with many of the poss here but I also do not see the harm in allowing people to post their YT videos. They are on topic but I simply don't see how they harm anyone.

3. Likes AZpolisher15, Bobh59 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

in my opinion its hard to trust any of them right now. some are out there pushing superior products and im sure getting paid for it. over time they lose there credibility. same thing with maxshine and superclean. the problem is there all getting painted with the same brush

Post Thanks / Like

Remarkable thread here.

When I drive down Main Street, there are some businesses I like and some businesses I don’t like. I don’t shop at the ones I don’t like. I still have to look at them (I wish I didn’t), but I don’t think they should be “banned”. That’s not the kind of governance I want.

As for this forum, AG makes the rules. And I’ll abide by them because I like it here.

6. Likes Bobh59, limited0602 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    You understand paid clicks? They make money every time u click!

That's how they become $$$$$ rich, they get paid for clicks, just ask the Kardashians.
    I rarely click. For the most part I enjoy their garage setups and tools.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by john b View Post
    in my opinion its hard to trust any of them right now. some are out there pushing superior products and im sure getting paid for it. over time they lose there credibility. same thing with maxshine and superclean. the problem is there all getting painted with the same brush
    According to the FCC (I think that is correct) a person needs to be clear when they are promoting a product and getting paid for that promotion. Certainly larger Youtubers will be sure to comply as they risk having their channel shut down.

Post Thanks / Like

The harm they do is when they don't recommend products that are actually good or are actually damaging because they don't understand the chemical reactions behind it or a case of they're causing people to buy stuff because they're sponsored people shilling it out.

So the damage done are people either wasting their money or causing damage to their cars. Especially on this forum where the usual posters here are helpful and provide information based on first hand experience.

Using myself as an example, I ignored the graphene hype until Guz and BudgetPlan used it and I got their initial review on it. Apex Detail gets his graphene stuff from a retailer in Canada here, oddly enough. I ordered from the same retailer (THey're an Autogeek reseller in Canada) after a few emails back and forth about the product. Apex Detail, I watched how he applied the coating but ignored his claims or his "tests". For example, washing the car multiple times to test a graphene based detail spray? Good car soap shouldn't do much to it but it gives the idea that it's this super powerful product that will do so many things. Reality, it doesn't. It does add slickness and is a good product but the water beading is not the same and neither is the protective properties behind it.

However if you don't know better, you're gonna go out and spend like 80 dollars on this product thinking it's some crazy miracle product. That to me is the harm in things like that. Versus say if that same person came to the forum and asked a few questions around and would get an honest opinion. And Apex Detail got his graphene products for free. That I confirmed with the retailer. Now did they pay him to do a review? I don't know. But I do know that a lot of people have wasted money on it thinking it's something else.

Or in TrustJesus's issue, some youtube video guy told him to use APC on the leather of his steering wheel. Here, most of us would recommend a test spot before full on doing anything.

So imagine you're a guy with an expensive car and expensive leather but you watch a youtube video they posted here. Autogeek has a good reputation so there's no way that video would cause their cars harm if they follow what they do right? Except... ya know.. it does.

Quote Originally Posted by tcope View Post
    I don't disagree with many of the poss here but I also do not see the harm in allowing people to post their YT videos. They are on topic but I simply don't see how they harm anyone.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

10. Likes acuRAS82, oneheadlite, The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If the YT guys stick around and vouched for their video and discussed on the forum, that gives more information for a reader to decide if the product is something they could use.

If the video makes something bland sound awesome and the YT guy doesn’t post anything else when questions arise, and the YT sharer gets paid while normal forum users are getting duped or confused about a product’s worthiness, that seems to go against what this forum is about. I’m all for free market but the rules on this website steer away from driving profit for users.

I’m not here trying to sell detailing supplies, but I’ll let someone know if I like a product and why. The vacant YouTubers are literally just selling their videos/clicks with no intention of free, productive information.

12. Likes SixZee, PaulMys, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

@FUNX650 I publicly apologize to you and ElDorado2K if my post offended you gentlemen.
    I will be a man and humble myself and apologize publicly.

Here is what I really meant to say, and if Autogeek moderators get upset for mentioning products that don’t sell here , we’ll I don’t mean to offend them also just speaking my mind and clear things up.

Way before I heard or even signed up for Autogeek I started cleaning our truck by purchasing Mothers products at my local store. I felt I did a good job, I kept it basic and simple and had fun. Our truck kept looking nice.

Then I wanted to up my game and started watching YouTube detailer and they start talking about Super clean and Purple power to use on clients cars. They also recommend you take a toothbrush and “deep clean” your leather and steering wheel. Well now my steering wheel is trashed for listening to them. Are they going come buy me a new one? All the delicate surfaces ins my interior are trashed, again for following the “right way” to “detail”.

That is what I meant, I should have clarified from the beginning instead of having fear of being rejected.
    For the record, I was NOT talking about Mothers, Meguiar's, Chemical Guys I love those products.

But to finish I wouldn’t want anyone using super clean or purple power, or even someone making there “own APC at home” to save a few bucks, who knows what damage could be done to my interior.

But if your the detailer who feels super clean and purple power are great products, hey we all have our likes. I respect what you like, but I don’t feel the same way about them. Does that mean I’m right or wrong, no we all have our products gentlemen. Some people dislike Mothers, I personally like them.
    My goal in life is to love God, family and myself. To love others and treat others right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrustJesus View Post
    @FUNX650 I publicly apologize to you and ElDorado2K if my post offended you gentlemen.
    I will be a man and humble myself and apologize publicly.

Here is what I really meant to say, and if Autogeek moderators get upset for mentioning products that don’t sell here , we’ll I don’t mean to offend them also just speaking my mind and clear things up.

Way before I heard or even signed up for Autogeek I started cleaning our truck by purchasing Mothers products at my local store. I felt I did a good job, I kept it basic and simple and had fun. Our truck kept looking nice.

Then I wanted to up my game and started watching YouTube detailer and they start talking about Super clean and Purple power to use on clients cars. They also recommend you take a toothbrush and “deep clean” your leather and steering wheel. Well now my steering wheel is trashed for listening to them. Are they going come buy me a new one? All the delicate surfaces ins my interior are trashed, again for following the “right way” to “detail”.

That is what I meant, I should have clarified from the beginning instead of having fear of being rejected.
    For the record, I was NOT talking about Mothers, Meguiar's, Chemical Guys I love those products.

But to finish I wouldn’t want anyone using super clean or purple power, or even someone making there “own APC at home” to save a few bucks, who knows what damage could be done to my interior.

But if your the detailer who feels super clean and purple power are great products, hey we all have our likes. I respect what you like, but I don’t feel the same way about them. Does that mean I’m right or wrong, no we all have our products gentlemen. Some people dislike Mothers, I personally like them.
    This isn’t about products, it’s about ethics! These guys come here to promote themselves without taking the time to contribute to the forum. Take The Guz for example, he takes the time to test,document and is up front on whether the product was given to him to test/review. He’ll give you a honest opinion not only in his post but further down the road if a question arises. That’s called integrity.

Many guys share their work and list the products that were used which is great. The key is they also discuss and help others that have questions without going over the top on trying to sell.

15. Likes oneheadlite, PaulMys, The Guz liked this post
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast