autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Call to Ban YouTubers

Like this world needs more love and treating each other better for. I’m not trying to bash or insult anyone, or make them feel “inferior” because they not. I just don’t approve of the technique they use. Someone recommend to clean my steering wheel using APC and taking a toothbrush, look at my steering wheel now . Yes I’m a little upset, could be worse, but I think we need to teach each other right, instead of trying to make money misleading others.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    My goal in life is to love God, family and myself. To love others and treat others right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    Yes i can. Pan and Stauffer are the worst offenders of dropping videos for clickbait, with almost no engagement
    LOl I was just trying to be diplomatic. I'm with you. Ban the offenders.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustJesus View Post
    Like this world needs more love and treating each other better for. I’m not trying to bash or insult anyone, or make them feel “inferior” because they not. I just don’t approve of the technique they use. Someone recommend to clean my steering wheel using APC and taking a toothbrush, look at my steering wheel now . Yes I’m a little upset, could be worse, but I think we need to teach each other right, instead of trying to make money misleading others.
    Look at post #4 of this thread. Look at FUNX650 signature at the bottom of his posts. Words to live by.
    Mythos Black C7.5 S6 (sold) / 2022 Camry SE (Ice Edge)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrustJesus View Post

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    Yeah I'm not at all a fan of an APC on interiors. Only time I would even consider it would be if I were detailing someone's absolutely hammered car. Even then I'd be very careful.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Dennis B, good post. I’ll take it for sure.
    My goal in life is to love God, family and myself. To love others and treat others right.

5. Likes dennis b, KBsToy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Call to Ban YouTubers

Quote Originally Posted by mk9750 View Post
    I agree about Pan. Actually I watched a lot of his videos, and until he really got carried away with advertising rather than instruction, found them worthwhile. But even then, I kept looking for his engagement on AutoGeek, and found almost none. Someone called him out on it once (during the Geat BeadMaker debate of 2018, I think), and he claimed his YouTube offerings were his engagement. Doesn't cut it for me. Your mileage may vary.
    That would’ve been me.. Thank you, and you guys are all welcome.Call to Ban YouTubers

Afaik, Still to this day he has never posted a single message on this forum outside of his shameless video thread plugs..

I haven’t watched any of his vids in a long time but the thing I remember that always stood out to me was how his so called “reviews” weren’t reviews at all, more like word for word regurgitating of the product label descriptions. It’s as if he was simply holding up brand new bottles and the review consisted of whatever the label claimed as far as performance and durability.

There’s no such thing as pros and cons with that guy, because he’s too much of a brown noser to ever say anything negative about any product. Why even call it a “review” if you’re afraid to be honest and keep it real?

It’s not too hard to provide an honest review without offending some people you may know at any given company... It’s called having a Spine.

7. Thanks PaulMys, Finick thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just avoid going into their posts and that’s it for me. Banning seems a little radical because there can be some useful ones.
    Bruno Soares

9. Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post
    Likes KBsToy, AZpolisher15 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Put them in moderators forum

11. Likes DMiglio, custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, there's a few youtube videos that I have watched such as Esoteric. However most of the videos I've seen on youtube, there's a few educational ones but product reviews I ignore. How is someone going to tell me about how durable a product is when your video is 20 minutes and you just applied it? I'm always suspicious of the reasons why they made the videos. Especially when I've used the product and I just roll my eyes at the results they claim they get and I know it's no where near it.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

13. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike Philips is a YouTuber... we cannot ban Mike!
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

15. Likes KBsToy, UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Create a "Shameless Plugs" forum and move offending posts to that forum.

17. Likes PaulMys, Jim w, DMiglio, custmsprty liked this post
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast