autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Call to Ban YouTubers

Time to start a YouTube channel where all we do is talk about New York style vs Chicago style! We can post about it on all the “style” forums..

Who cares if it’s food related, I’m posting on clothing forums too! Gotta get as many views as possible.

We will also have subtitles to help our viewers understand what we say, but also mock our accents.

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Heck, might as well throw BBQ in that mix too. Texas BBQ vs the rest of the world...as you can see I’m a lil biased towards Texas BBQ!

Jay

Ps...can’t we all just get along

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    Heck, might as well throw BBQ in that mix too. Texas BBQ vs the rest of the world...as you can see I’m a lil biased towards Texas BBQ!

Jay

Ps...can’t we all just get along

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    Love me some BBQ!

What’s Texas style like?

I think as a whole, we’d all get along if we stopped looking at our differences and focused solely on the person in front of us and learning about our similarities and appreciating our differences..
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Post Thanks / Like

Did you guys know that Buffalo pizza is half-way between NY and Chicago, just like its’ location as a city? And it’s good, especially with wings.

But NY(C) thin crust probably wins overall in my household.

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

*goes to Last to see latest on topic
    *sees conversation about pizza and BBQ

This is why I’m here.

9. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As someone who spent most of my life in Chicago, Lou Malnati's deep dish with the full sausage layer is the best pizza. We can close this thread now. For 2 reasons, 1. I'm right about the pizza. 2. everyone at AutoGeek has read this thread, and no one is getting banned

11. Likes limited0602 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    As someone who spent most of my life in Chicago, Lou Malnati's deep dish with the full sausage layer is the best pizza. We can close this thread now. For 2 reasons, 1. I'm right about the pizza. 2. everyone at AutoGeek has read this thread, and no one is getting banned
    My wife lived in Chicago while she was a kid and they ate there a lot. Now, we order from them once or twice a year to have shipped to KS. Good stuff and I'd love to go in person someday!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vobro View Post
    That thin crust couldn’t handle anything but thin sauce and cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post
    Oooh! Shots fired!!

How will NY-style respond?
    Quote Originally Posted by zmcnulty View Post
    *goes to Last to see latest on topic
    *sees conversation about pizza and BBQ

This is why I’m here.
    I was just laughing about this as I was working.

*Elsewhere on the internet*
    "That person did a thing I didn't like! Defecate on them!"
    Remaining internet chimes in: "Yeah, defecate on them!"

*Here*
    "Not crazy about how some people are handling things. They should do more forum contribution if they're going to be posting videos that make them money."
    *civil discussion follows*
    "Hey, I like pizza. Do you like pizza?"

14. Likes limited0602, PaulMys, DMiglio, zmcnulty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post
    Love me some BBQ!

What’s Texas style like?

I think as a whole, we’d all get along if we stopped looking at our differences and focused solely on the person in front of us and learning about our similarities and appreciating our differences..
    Generally speaking....KC BBQ smothers...and I mean smother their meat with a sweet bbq sauce. Also, meats used is beef and pork, pulled pork in particular. My first time having pulled pork was in Nashville years ago for a friends wedding, her parents made a big deal that they were throwing a big bbq for everyone from Texas, we all looked at it....hesitated...politely made our plates and nibbled on it! The meat wasn't bad, pretty bland but the sauce was god awful..super sweet.

Texas BBQ...anything and everything that moves can be "BBQ"! The main meats would be Chicken, Brisket, Sausage, and Turkey and within the last 5-10 years we've seen more of the pulled pork type offerings....though most "good bbq joints" do not serve pulled pork. We use lots of dry rubs to flavor the meats as well as smoking it with mesquite, pecan, cherry, etc...instead of grilling, there are acceptable ways to grill some food such as sausage links, shrimp, fish etc, just throw some good mesquite or your favorite rub on it and cook!

Sauces are there for accents but not intended to smother it. Most sauces are tomato based (not vinegar) as well as having garlic and other spices and can "stay with you" for a couple of hours after eating...burp and you get the joy or re-tasting the sauce!!

One of the sauces I use is the standard sauce from Goode Co, a Houston institution as well as their Mesquite rub is outstanding too
    Another Mesquite option is from Fiesta that you can find at most grocery stores.

Again...Im speaking in general terms.

16. Thanks DMiglio thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, mc2hill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    Generally speaking....KC BBQ smothers...and I mean smother their meat with a sweet bbq sauce. Also, meats used is beef and pork, pulled pork in particular. My first time having pulled pork was in Nashville years ago for a friends wedding, her parents made a big deal that they were throwing a big bbq for everyone from Texas, we all looked at it....hesitated...politely made our plates and nibbled on it! The meat wasn't bad, pretty bland but the sauce was god awful..super sweet.

Texas BBQ...anything and everything that moves can be "BBQ"! The main meats would be Chicken, Brisket, Sausage, and Turkey and within the last 5-10 years we've seen more of the pulled pork type offerings....though most "good bbq joints" do not serve pulled pork. We use lots of dry rubs to flavor the meats as well as smoking it with mesquite, pecan, cherry, etc...instead of grilling, there are acceptable ways to grill some food such as sausage links, shrimp, fish etc, just throw some good mesquite or your favorite rub on it and cook!

Sauces are there for accents but not intended to smother it. Most sauces are tomato based (not vinegar) as well as having garlic and other spices and can "stay with you" for a couple of hours after eating...burp and you get the joy or re-tasting the sauce!!

One of the sauces I use is the standard sauce from Goode Co, a Houston institution as well as their Mesquite rub is outstanding too
    Another Mesquite option is from Fiesta that you can find at most grocery stores.

Again...Im speaking in general terms.
    I have had Texas BBQ in Texas, KC BBQ in KC, and Nashville BBQ (style, not exactly in Nashville).

I'm with Jay on this one. Texas BBQ smokes them all (pun intended).

The Texas BBQ is almost as head & shoulders over the others as NY style pizza is over the rest. Almost..........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

18. Likes DMiglio liked this post
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast