autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wow seriously?!!!?! Home town making me proud (not really)

For anyone who has not raised a special needs child, with behavioral as well as developmental issues, like I have, you've no idea what your future holds from day one. We had a mental health professional tell us that the early years would be the easiest......we didn't realize at the time just how right she was. Some days, we go through times that I wouldn't wish on anyone. That is the reality of the situation. Our child was born to us, and from that point forward she is our responsibility.

If you plan to adopt a special needs child, you need to get as much professional advice as you can beforehand, so that you do not get in over your heads later. The article alluded to situations where their other children faced possible physical harm, and that is highly likely. I've seen it firsthand, and know parents who have as well. These are the complications that no one sees coming at the outset. Depending on the frequency and severity of physicality, I can easily see where parents are not equipped to handle it. No parent wants to 're-home' a child, but I do believe there are times where it may be appropriate, regardless of how heartless it might seem to others. The child is what should be important here, and it sounds like he might be in a much better place now.

The preceding paragraphs are not meant to defend the Stauffers. I was trying to give some perspective from someone who lives it. These two also used this child to generate income, and that is nothing short of putting him in a circus. That's my takeaway, and to me, that's what I find most heinous. I'm hoping that they lose any sponsors they gained, and that the dad's detailing supply website goes belly up. I never subscribed to his (or her) channel, and I'll not watch him any more.

2. Likes Bruno Soares, vobro, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What gets me is they used the child to generate income, and sponsorships. All while fully knowing that the child was special needs. After being told all this she even said in one of the videos chronicling the whole thing that "my child is not returnable"

And to top it off they had a lot of the adoption process paid for via a GoFundMe.

Garbage, pure and simple

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nrengle View Post
    What gets me is they used the child to generate income, and sponsorships. All while fully knowing that the child was special needs. After being told all this she even said in one of the videos chronicling the whole thing that "my child is not returnable"

And to top it off they had a lot of the adoption process paid for via a GoFundMe.

Garbage, pure and simple
    Exactly!!!! Even leading up to the adoption

Sent from my SM-A205U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123