autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 45 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation? In terms of Health, Jobs, Economy, the Future and anything else related?

Hope everyone is staying safe, healthy, and doing well..

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

I think it will be used to usher in more control and surveillance. Most definitely will wipe out a lot of small businesses. Thus enabling monopolies to get even bigger.

The virus itself, i believe no one. Especially the world governments and WHO. The logo WHO has a freakin snake wrapped around some kind of shaft for christ sakes. What does that have to do with world health? A cult using snakes? geez

The reaction to the virus will be much worst then the actual virus IMHO.

3. Likes opie, dlc95, Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    The logo WHO has a freakin snake wrapped around some kind of shaft for christ sakes. What does that have to do with world health? A cult using snakes? geez
    It's kinda a universal medical logo theme, Rod of Asclepius

Why Is the Medical Symbol a Snake on a Stick? | Live Science

5. Likes Coatingsarecrack, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I fear it will collapse the US economy due to the many business failures that are already happening. If the auto industry goes then hang on.
    Rick....now in North Texas

7. Likes John U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation? In terms of Health, Jobs, Economy, the Future and anything else related?

Hope everyone is staying safe, healthy, and doing well..
    Hey buddy,

My bubble is all okay, fit & well. I hope you & your loved ones are too.

First thoughts - scary as S$#t. My first thoughts were of my Mum Who is fighting Cancer & the easiest decision was to cut contact (physical) from her completely. Same with Ange’s parents, her Dad already has respiratory issues so it was in our best interests to stay away. Benjamin (my 4 year old Son for those who don’t know me) struggles with not seeing Poppa.

Benjamin & Ange’s Dad (Poppa)

New Zealand is currently in Lockdown Level 4 ... Supermarkets, Pharmacies, Gas Stations, Medical Clinics are about all that is classed as Essential businesses here (obviously there will be a few more on that list but not many) So for me & the shop - we have been closed for 4 weeks today but as New Zealand moves to Lockdown level 3 in four more days which is still very restrictive but it will allow me to open the shop & work.

Work wise - Ange is still working almost full time as Electricians are classed as an essential business here although fairly restricted. So she is the General Manager for an Electrical Company, so has a bunch to do, luckily a lot of that can be done from home.
    And as I mentioned - Next Tuesday I can open the shop. I spent the best part of four hours today re-juggling my bookings & first impressions it’s looking okay as far as people retaining their appointments. A very relieving feeling!!
    I have a bunch of new processes to go into place in terms of PPE & procedures but a lot we were already implementing before we had to close but hey - Health is Wealth is it not?

Tonight we had a two & a half hour Zoom meeting thing where we had around 30 of New Zealand’s leading Detailers , Detail business owners discussing our industry & our approaches, findings, advice, criticisms etc & it went well. Even Jason Rose joined us from Colorado to sit in & comment & also talk about the IDA.

The future ... man, I don’t know. I think I would be being very naive if I thought this wasn’t gonna hurt us financially. Health wise ... I couldn’t guess on that either. Is there gonna be a second wave of infections? Am I gonna lose loved ones or heck even myself? I guess in terms of places to be New Zealand isn’t a bad spot, certainly the way things are at the moment anyhow. We definitely wouldn’t be in a good spot if it was a major outbreak here, we simply haven’t got the health systems in place like other nations - picture Italy - their health system is far superior to ours .... doesn’t bare thinking about.

Right now though - Our figures are like this

1112 people confirmed infected

339 people are probable cases (unconfirmed)

8 people currently in hospital

1065 of those 1112 people have recovered

16 people have lost their lives

I hope everyone stays safe wherever you all are & you all stay fit & well ...

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

9. Likes DMiglio, VISITOR liked this post
    Mike Phillips

I like that our country is learning it was a bad idea to outsource too many industries to other countries and we'll be safer and better able to be in control of our health, wealth and destiny when we bring these industries back to the U.S.A.

More jobs and less reliance on others that don't always have our best interest in their minds.

I really like how the economy was doing before the Coronavirus came to America. It's real simple, when people have jobs the buy cars and car wax, along with a lot of other stuff. A strong economy is great for all of us and all industries.

I'm already looking forward to when we figure out how to solve this specific version of this virus and I'm confident this will hone the skills of our researches as to how to identify and stop the next virus.

Part of the cure is also finding out what the root cause of this was and stopping it.

I just checked the Covid Map for Florida and Martin County, that's where Autogeek is located, is at 162 cases. Thank God that so far, we have not experienced a worst case scenario.

11. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wife and daughter are nurses one in rock land ny and one in north jersey my daughter got covd19 and recovered from it then did her 2week quarantine and has jumped back into the fire working at jacoby hospital in the city.
    Looks like things are slowing down. Even though I have seen and lived through cov19 in my area I can’t help but think this is more of a Robert Muller 19 deep state operation Just my gut feeling. Do know people who dined but still think it’s the deep state

Post Thanks / Like

Here in South Jersey, we're just starting to hit our peak now. Unsure why it has worked out this way in NJ, but statewide the curve has flattened somewhat. My wife is a nurse, with a significantly compromised immune system, and her floor was converted to a COVID-19 floor....so she is out on medical leave at the insistence of her rheumatologist. I live in a relatively sparsely populated area, and we're staying home, with the exception of grocery runs. So far, all are well, and I'm grateful for that.

As far as my thoughts on the subject......for anyone who doesn't believe this was deliberate....I have some oceanfront property in Nebraska to sell you.

14. Likes mbkite, Farmallluvr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

’PLANdemic’

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

16. Likes Farmallluvr, Health Guide, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    ’PLANdemic’

Bob
    you da man

Page 1 of 45 1234567891011 ... LastLast