autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    That is exactly how it should be
    Unfortunately that is dangerous. As much as I’d like this to be a matter of personal choice, it is a danger to the public to have unvaccinated people.

Specifically I’m referring to variants. They are now tracking a Delta Plus variant that fortunately isn’t as “dangerous” (spread, strength) as Delta but every opportunity we give the virus to mutate, the more risk we all face that a new variant won’t be worse. And a virus is always mutating as a virus’ main purpose is to propagate as quickly as possible and there isn’t a quality control on whether the copies are exact. Roughly 3% of reproduced virus will mutate, the question is, is the mutation early enough in a host’s infection so that enough of the mutated virus makes enough copies AND gets enough of those copies to another human host to start spreading a variant. This doesn’t often happen but as we’ve seen with the various variants of Covid, it does happen. And the more people that get sick (and for longer), the more chances there are of another variant taking hold and spreading. So as I’ve said repeatedly, if you’re a part of society, your decisions COULD affect us all.

Simple fact. The Covid vaccine means fewer people get sick with shorter infection periods, which leads to less of an opportunity for the virus to mutate. Also simple math. Fewer people getting sick and for shorter periods of time, the less time a virus has to mutate. And this is the primary reason I feel this is a PUBLIC health issue.

2. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave, Azure liked this post
    Dislikes Flash Gordon disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Unfortunately that is dangerous. As much as I’d like this to be a matter of personal choice, it is a danger to the public to have unvaccinated people.

Specifically I’m referring to variants. They are now tracking a Delta Plus variant that fortunately isn’t as “dangerous” (spread, strength) as Delta but every opportunity we give the virus to mutate, the more risk we all face that a new variant won’t be worse. And a virus is always mutating as a virus’ main purpose is to propagate as quickly as possible and there isn’t a quality control on whether the copies are exact. Roughly 3% of reproduced virus will mutate, the question is, is the mutation early enough in a host’s infection so that enough of the mutated virus makes enough copies AND gets enough of those copies to another human host to start spreading a variant. This doesn’t often happen but as we’ve seen with the various variants of Covid, it does happen. And the more people that get sick (and for longer), the more chances there are of another variant taking hold and spreading. So as I’ve said repeatedly, if you’re a part of society, your decisions COULD affect us all.

Simple fact. The Covid vaccine means fewer people get sick with shorter infection periods, which leads to less of an opportunity for the virus to mutate. Also simple math. Fewer people getting sick and for shorter periods of time, the less time a virus has to mutate. And this is the primary reason I feel this is a PUBLIC health issue.
    The "If you're a part of society, you're decisions could affect us all" thought is what is dangerous lol. Your comment could be turned in so many different directions about different subjects.

Moving on...

Heard immunity, will/is happening thru both natural infection and vaccines

So what about natural infection? Do those antibodies not count?

Do vaccinated not spread the virus as well? Yes. The experimental injection protects you..(the person who received it). It does nothing for anyone else. ONLY the person who received the shot. It is ment to lesson your symptoms

So it is personal choice between you and your doctors whom know your own personal medical history. There are people that are unable to have the shot. That is also fact.

Respiratory viruses mutate, that is what they do.

You could have 100% of the entire US or even the world vaccinated, boosted every 6 months and so on...and the covid virus will still be here.

It will just be passed between every vaccinated person. So then what? Who should folks blame then?

Again...the shot is only ment to lessen the symptoms of that vaccinated person. Fact.

So who gives a damn about unvaccinated john or jane doe down the street. Only ones needed to worry about them... is themselves.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

4. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post
    Likes TTQ B4U, Jayfro, NightDrive43 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I never had a flu shot, never got the flu and I'm not getting vax'd with this either for the same reason. I've been working this entire time and have been staying safe by a little more hand washing (which I was doing before all this sheet because of my job) and using the hand sanitizer and wearing a mask when asked to do so. I'm representing my company so that's most important but outside of work I'm responsible adult.

I'm not saying to not get vax'd but I wish people could be more respectful of people like myself who have their reasons for not getting it. I know it's pipe dream but that's our world todayWhat's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post
    Likes TTQ B4U, opie, Jayfro, Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    The "If you're a part of society, you're decisions could affect us all" thought is what is dangerous lol. Your comment could be turned in so many different directions about different subjects.

Moving on...

Heard immunity, will/is happening thru both natural infection and vaccines

So what about natural infection? Do those antibodies not count?

Do vaccinated not spread the virus as well? Yes. The experimental injection protects you..(the person who received it). It does nothing for anyone else. ONLY the person who received the shot. It is ment to lesson your symptoms

So it is personal choice between you and your doctors whom know your own personal medical history. There are people that are unable to have the shot. That is also fact.

Respiratory viruses mutate, that is what they do.

You could have 100% of the entire US or even the world vaccinated, boosted every 6 months and so on...and the covid virus will still be here.

It will just be passed between every vaccinated person. So then what? Who should folks blame then?

Again...the shot is only ment to lessen the symptoms of that vaccinated person. Fact.

So who gives a damn about unvaccinated john or jane doe down the street. Only ones needed to worry about them... is themselves.
    You make some good points.

First, if we’re talking about people that shouldn’t get the vaccine because their doctor thinks it would be dangerous, then we’re not talking a personal choice or freedom choice. They are exempt from this being discussed because there is no decision to be made. The population that can be vaccinated will hopefully help protect them.

One of your arguments is if everyone is vaccinated for Covid, the virus will continue to spread. If we look at Polio and other diseases where we have been successful with vaccines before, this is no longer the case. Or you’re right and this could be like the flu but we’re definitely having more success with this MRNA vaccine for Covid among different strains so we shall see. Sort of goes to my previous point on reducing infections to reduce potential strains. We can also look at hospitalizations of Covid among the vaccinated and show that the virus doesn’t hit as hard or as long. So there will be less spread among the vaccinated and MAY follow Polio in that it won’t spread among the vaccinated. But we won’t know with so many unvaccinated that spread the disease MORE due to length of sickness. I did the research and was surprised to find that the viral load among vaccinated and unvaccinated who were sick with Covid was similar though widely varied. There is however a difference in the mean durations of infections with unvaccinated being sicker longer, which means having an overall larger viral load.

And this isn’t about blame, this is about eradicating a virus, to the best of our ability, that doesn’t care about any of our issues. Doesn’t care about our religions, personal choices, health conditions, etc. The virus just wants to propagate on. If we do our best to eradicate it and it stays around, then nature has said, it doesn’t matter what you do. But there are many other viruses we’ve combatted and even eradicated with vaccines. And those people still considered themselves free. It wasn’t until the anti-vaccine movement that some viruses have made a comeback with outbreaks here and there. We have the knowledge, we have the means, we just don’t have the will.

And you could say will takes our freedom away. We didn’t use to use that as a barometer for being free in the US. Most of us grew up being required to get vaccines to go to school. So yes, our freedom of choice was to go to school or not. Wasn’t an issue for me as a child. Wasn’t an issue for my kids when they went to school and had to have their vaccines every fall.

But we won’t agree on this. And I really don’t like that people are being forced to get the vaccine. But I also don’t like that there are people out there fighting disingenuously with lies about the safety of the vaccines and what they do and don’t do. The page you linked to the other day is a good point of that, someone was most definitely trying to take advantage of our division for their own profit.

8. Likes Big Dave, Bruno Soares, NightDrive43 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Taking into account what I posted earlier, I just had an experience that changed my mind about getting vaxxed. My wife just got the call from Virginia (the State) from her uncle that her 100 y/o grandmother was not expected to survive much longer, so I added a few days to my long weekend from work so her, our niece and her sister would go visit. They left last Wednesday. That night, I started getting a little sick. I thought it was sinuses that had moved into my chest and I would be good to go in a day or so (which is usually ALL that happens when I get sick - cause *I* don't get sick).

Fast forward several hours and I couldn't sleep, because I couldn't breathe and I wasn't getting better. I was in the realm of the walking dead, I could function but not very well, my appetite was gone and sleeping was not an option. My kids (both in their late 20s but autistic) knew I was sick and of course called the wife to tell her, but I hid from them how bad I was really feeling. When I talked to her on the phone, she could tell I was sick, but I blew it off as sinus and congestion issues because I didn't want to be the reason she came home early and God forbid something happened to grannie when she should have been there but left because of me. She was supposed to come home Sunday evening, so I 'let' her talk me into a covid test at the pharmacy Sunday morning, even though I wouldn't get the results until Mon / Tues.

She got home late Sunday afternoon and within 3 hours, I was in the ER (One look at me and she decided I WAS going). Since I walked in with the chief complaint of not being able to breathe, it was an automatic admit - I could barely walk any distance without getting winded. My youngest son's paranoia had gotten hold of me as well and I was SURE I had covid, although there were no other symptoms being displayed. The first thing they do after setting up an IV line was a covid test and chest xray. They started me on heavy anti-biotics (I know, useless for covid, but effective for any "Tag-alongs" that might be present).

A few hours later they tell me the test was "Negative" but the xrays were positive for Pneumonia, all I knew was that I couldn't breathe. So they doubled down on the antibiotics and IV fluids. By now it's Monday morning and I'm taking both oral and IV antibiotics. They were suspicious of the negative result, so they stabbed my brain again with a swab for a second test - it turned out negative also.

Come Tuesday morning I had improved dramatically so I started working HARD on getting discharged and they discharged me yesterday afternoon with heavy antibiotics to take at home for a week. Long story short (too late) they told me that "regular pneumonia" was NOTHING compared to the "Covid pneumonia" that people are getting. I decided that I would take the vaccine to at least increase the odds that if I did get it, it wouldn't be quite as bad as it would be if I didn't get the vaccine...I CAN'T STAND HOSPITALS!!!!!! And I can't do this again.

I still DON'T approve (I know, strong word) of the ways they are pushing and mandating the vaccine, all the threats and ultimatums, they had NOTHING to do with my change of heart in getting the vaccine, it was MY personal experience that did it and I still fully believe that it should be each persons' choice to get it or not.

PS I got the results from my test at the pharmacy back when I got home yesterday, it was Negative too.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

10. Likes dgage, opie, Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I never had a flu shot, never got the flu and I'm not getting vax'd with this either for the same reason. I've been working this entire time and have been staying safe by a little more hand washing (which I was doing before all this sheet because of my job) and using the hand sanitizer and wearing a mask when asked to do so. I'm representing my company so that's most important but outside of work I'm responsible adult.

I'm not saying to not get vax'd but I wish people could be more respectful of people like myself who have their reasons for not getting it. I know it's pipe dream but that's our world todayWhat's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

I respect your opinion but i hope you don't get COVID19 and then infect someone else.
    My mother is a nurse of 13 year's and worked through it last year and saw some crazy
    stuff. I got the vaccine because i want to do my bit in the community and help.

12. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave, dgage, Klasse Act, Bruno Soares liked this post
    Dislikes Flash Gordon disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    I respect your opinion but i hope you don't get COVID19 and then infect someone else.
    My mother is a nurse of 13 year's and worked through it last year and saw some crazy
    stuff. I got the vaccine because i want to do my bit in the community and help.
    Thank youWhat's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

For quite some time I've had my temp checked 1-3 times during my work day due to a number of places having a temp check station. During this time my highest temp was 99.5 but later that day, a place I go to everyday, showed 97.1.

The bigger deal here is MANDATE, people are being forced to do something they aren't comfortable with and as a result are losing their jobs....THIS NEEDS TO STOPWhat's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

14. Thanks Tasmania, opie, NightDrive43, TTQ B4U thanked for this post
    Likes opie, TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Thank youWhat's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

For quite some time I've had my temp checked 1-3 times during my work day due to a number of places having a temp check station. During this time my highest temp was 99.5 but later that day, a place I go to everyday, showed 97.1.

The bigger deal here is MANDATE, people are being forced to do something they aren't comfortable with and as a result are losing their jobs....THIS NEEDS TO STOPWhat's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

It's happening here to with some people losing their jobs who don't get the vax
    I hear you! I was on the fence thinking about it and due to the side effects after
    my vax i would think hard about doing it again BUT i will take the side effects for
    a couple of day's then have covid.

Take care, stay safe

16. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard about this website on a podcast I listen to.

I find it's the ones that are nearest to my own age that hit closest to home. But it's all such a waste.

I'm sure the hardcore anti vaxxers will say this is all fake.

I'm sorry if this makes anyone feel uncomfortable.

sorryantivaxxer.com | A repository of stories of anti-vaxxers who died or came close to dying of COVID.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post

Come Tuesday morning I had improved dramatically so I started working HARD on getting discharged and they discharged me yesterday afternoon with heavy antibiotics to take at home for a week. Long story short (too late) they told me that "regular pneumonia" was NOTHING compared to the "Covid pneumonia" that people are getting. I decided that I would take the vaccine to at least increase the odds that if I did get it, it wouldn't be quite as bad as it would be if I didn't get the vaccine...I CAN'T STAND HOSPITALS!!!!!! And I can't do this again.

I still DON'T approve (I know, strong word) of the ways they are pushing and mandating the vaccine, all the threats and ultimatums, they had NOTHING to do with my change of heart in getting the vaccine, it was MY personal experience that did it and I still fully believe that it should be each persons' choice to get it or not.

PS I got the results from my test at the pharmacy back when I got home yesterday, it was Negative too.
    My wife was in the same boat. Didn't want the vaccine, then she got Covid. It's supposedly worse for people with asthma, which she has. She pulled out of it after about 5 days with antibiotics, and received the antibodies. Now she wants to get the vaccine as soon as the time is up on the antibodies.

Surprisingly I didn't catch it from her. I was vaccinated at the time, and did sleep on the couch all week while she pretty much lived in our bedroom.

Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast