autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

Quote Originally Posted by mbkite View Post
    N95 filters down to 3 microns covid is 1.5 microns. So what exactly are the socks we put on our face doing
    Giving a level of protection to you from other people and to other people from you. Did you actually read any of the studies? The scientific evidence of mask efficacy is overwhelming. Refuse to accept if if you like. Some people also refuse to believe the earth is round...

2. Likes Big Dave, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by koj11 View Post
    Giving a level of protection to you from other people and to other people from you. Did you actually read any of the studies? The scientific evidence of mask efficacy is overwhelming. Refuse to accept if if you like. Some people also refuse to believe the earth is round...
    This is all factual however doctors routinely saw patients without any protection for years despite all the science.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I didn’t want to get into a fight about masks as that usually devolves. Even the cloth masks help to a degree. Viruses are about concentrations in the air. If you get a big enough concentration or “whiff” of the virus, your body may not be able to fight it but smaller concentrations may not get you sick. This is the same way only one sperm is required to get someone pregnant but the average ejaculate releases over 200 MILLION sperm and that often isn’t enough to get some pregnant.

The other thing I’ll point out is that mask guidance is often accompanied by other guidance such as “social distancing”. Obviously that isn’t always possible but masks by themselves aren’t expected to be the sole protector. And some wearers of masks may act more cautiously because they have a mask or reminder on that makes them be more cautious of touching their face, staying more distant, etc. So masks might protect some wearers indirectly because it makes them more cognizant of protecting themselves.

In the real world, some of these items help mitigate spread and some don’t. Unfortunately it has become masks or no masks.

And fortunately spread has curtailed in the US currently. There is the concern that the cold weather will bring it back but we really don’t know. And that’s one of the concerns. With a greater vaccination percentage, we’d have more confidence that spread will continue to be controlled. With less vaccination rates, we’ll have to continue to be reactive knowing there’s a 3+ week delay between any action and the response to our actions.

5. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have doubts that paper masks are all that effective. I've seen videos of people vaping through them and they don't look as if they stop much water vapor. I think it's more hype than substance.

7. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I do believe that the earth is flat…

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    I have doubts that paper masks are all that effective. I've seen videos of people vaping through them and they don't look as if they stop much water vapor. I think it's more hype than substance.
    Correct. Surgical masks everyone is wearing Do nothing but disperse the virus upwards and actually into a person's eyes thus if they continue to touch the same mask vs disposing of them they will simply waft contaminants up into Thier own eyes which have no natural protection. Early on this is one of the reasons why conjunctivitis was a common indicator of infections.

3ms own training materials note the lack of protection as well. They function like a Kleenex offering protection from spit talkers but otherwise minimal to no protection. Case numbers in the real world over the last 20 months show they don't work. Outbreaks still happen. Real world matters but hey, wear one if you want.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

10. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got my booster shot. Two days later I had a wasp sting me. Any guess which "shot" is haunting me more this week?

12. Likes NoClue, Jayfro, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great example of right wing stupidity and why we performed so poorly as a natoin.

Right-wing media figures dishonestly use Colin Powell's death to question Covid vaccines - CNN

14. Likes Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    Great example of right wing stupidity and why we performed so poorly as a natoin.

Right-wing media figures dishonestly use Colin Powell's death to question Covid vaccines - CNN
    You use CNN as facts LOL.... What a joke
    Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 98CayenneTA View Post
    You use CNN as facts LOL.... What a joke
    Doesn't matter in this instance what network reported it but the fact that they completely overlooked that he had cancer, and then go on to cast more doubt on vaccines is a disgrace. It just adds to more doubt among the flat earthers and QAnon nutjobs.

Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast