autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I agree with much of what you say and other things I don’t as is standard in discussions and with topics that aren’t easy with black and white answers.

One thing I’ll point out is doctors and scientists have no training for dealing with the assault on science and data. Doctors used to have it pretty easy with patients and at most patients might get a second or even third opinion. Now patients are questioning everything and often not believing their doctor anymore. Questioning wouldn’t be bad if they weren’t getting their facts from Facebook or worse. But there are people just trying to get their names in the headlines as any publicity is good publicity and good for their bottom line. And there are definitely companies benefiting from what is going on but I think it is the individuals that are more focused on using this to their benefit. And because of these people, doctors now have to try to convince their patients of what they should do while fighting all sorts of misinformation and propaganda. When have doctors ever had to have discussions with their patients on whether they should take a horse pill for a human condition?

So one very real issue are that those supporting vaccines don’t know how to deal with the disinformation that comes from every side.

And as Azure stated, the political infighting keeps everyone from focusing on the real issues that we could tackle and address if the people were united. But the infighting most definitely benefits those already in power, regardless of which side of the aisle you’re on.
    Fair reply for sure.

I agree doctors have it tough. I have 3 MD's in our family, 2 here in my area and one in the Far NW USA. 2 have worked the front line with Covid, one had it personally as did her husband. IMO a big part of the challenge is that those in charge flip flop and outright mislead too often in order to manipulate the masses. Even Fauci came out and said that he has said stuff in order to get people to comply more easily. Also, much of what is BS or thought to be BS is because people aren't dumb. I won't go into details but I fact check data as I do lots of work in my line of business and it's in a lab environment too. Information is out there and if people are told the TRUTH more often than not they will do the right thing. However, those same people will put up a wall and fight when lied to and coerced to comply.

I'm of the belief that the misinformation is a result of a lack of trust and honesty. In the absence of truth and transparency, people will indeed go the opposite way and find other sources which are often not grounded in solid facts. Not all inaccurate mind you but not totally real. Add in the feeding of them with disinformation from others it makes for a pretty hairy and difficult situation that will never end well. Blame both side of the political spectrum as they are both guilty.

In the end, the good news is nearly 2 years later we have a fair understanding of who is at risk and from what but now it's a matter of fighting over more than just the virus and the harm it causes. I would argue what is at stake now is even more dangerous and that's our way of life, liberty, and freedoms. I'm more worried about those than I have ever been about covid.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

2. Likes Don M, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well said both of yinz.

I agree

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Had my second shot of Pfizer and ready to party like it's 1999

I'm glad to help my other citizen's and make this country and my local state get back to a fresh start, So everyone and everything can go back to normal from tourism and local businesses etc, stay safe get the vax and do your part.

5. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave, dgage, CleanIT, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    I'm glad to help my other citizen's and make this country and my local state get back to a fresh start, So everyone and everything can go back to normal from tourism and local businesses etc,
    Let us know how that works out. Here stateside, the problem is there is a portion of the country that is still not allowing the vaccinated to get back to normal. It's more partisan it seems as the liberal states and cities are the ones holding the vaccinated hostage. It's ridiculous. Thankfully not where I'm at but there is some bleed over.
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

7. Likes Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    Had my second shot of Pfizer and ready to party like it's 1999

I'm glad to help my other citizen's and make this country and my local state get back to a fresh start, So everyone and everything can go back to normal from tourism and local businesses etc, stay safe get the vax and do your part.
    Hopefully it works out for you, in the states that optimism quickly faded with more fear mongers wanting to be heard, fighting in politics,news and just everyday life. Now we’re facing higher prices, supply chain issues, mandates, issues on what should be taught in schools,attempts to divide each other, renaming holidays, eliminating/ re-writing history etc.

9. Likes IH8SPM, opie, TTQ B4U, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vobro View Post
    Hopefully it works out for you, in the states that optimism quickly faded with more fear mongers wanting to be heard, fighting in politics,news and just everyday life. Now we’re facing higher prices, supply chain issues, mandates, issues on what should be taught in schools,attempts to divide each other, renaming holidays, eliminating/ re-writing history etc.
    In the US they want everyone to "feel" equal while being divided. The distraction that the shot has caused has blined most people to the point that they are willing to give in to anything just to move on to the uncertainty of the future.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

11. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There was a very real surge in cases in various places in the US including my home state of TN. Hospitals were overwhelmed several/many weeks ago and I know there were several local hospitals with refrigerated semi-trailers outside stacking the dead from (primarily) Covid. That surge seems to have subsided here and things seem to be trending to reduced cases and back to “normal”. There was a push back for masks at school here locally but no other mandates occurred. It seems a combination of additional choosing to be vaccinated, some herd immunity and individual choices of moving on/staying home/wearing masks has resulted in reduced cases recently.

The thing I’ve noticed that has changed most is restaurants closing at 8 due to a lack of employees presumably though that isn’t such an easy topic. And stores in general closing earlier and no longer staying open 24 hours. I think some of that is them finally paying attention to the economics and making corrections. One fast food restaurant in town put a note on the door that they were having a hard time finding people as they’d rather stay home to be paid to watch Netflix. That didn’t go so well for them. Chick-fil-A doesn’t have problems finding plenty of people to work but they pay more, train better, and treat their employees better. The normal causes of enough pay and the type of job come into it. Maybe people don’t feel safe working in a job for entry level pay…I have no clue. But I wonder how much of this is due to 700,000 having died from Covid (and other) causes in the last year. Too complicated and too little information to make any determinations from my end and it likely is a little bit of everything leading into it. But stores and restaurants closing early are the only real thing I see being truly different than pre-Covid besides more individuals wearing masks, which was unheard of here pre-Covid.

And the mask mandates in school. Two personal points on that since they initially started the school year without masks. A friend of mine who beat himself up for sending his son back to school without the mask mandate is that he protected his son for over a year from Covid but his 8-year old son got Covid the first week back at school. My 4-year old cousin got Covid from her preschool teacher. No way to know how masks would have helped in that situation since there were no control tests but school definitely wasn’t a safe space for students due to local politics here.

13. Likes Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine who beat himself up for sending his son back to school without the mask mandate is that he protected his son for over a year from Covid but his 8-year old son got Covid the first week back at school. My 4-year old cousin got Covid from her preschool teacher. No way to know how masks would have helped in that situation since there were no control tests but school definitely wasn’t a safe space for students due to local politics here.
    Is your friends son and 4 yr old cousin ok?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

15. Thanks dgage thanked for this post
    Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Is your friends son and 4 yr old cousin ok?
    Thank you so much for asking. I didn’t hear that my friend’s son was too bad, I think he said it was like a bad flu illness and slightly prolonged symptoms after but now he is good.

My cousin was pretty sick for over 2 weeks with almost a week of a 105/106 temperature if she didn’t take something for the fever. They couldn’t go into the hospital because the local children’s hospital was overwhelmed. Symptoms subsided after 2 weeks but her father said it was worse than any flu he’s seen in a kid.

Post Thanks / Like

T A friend of mine who beat himself up for sending his son back to school without the mask mandate is that he protected his son for over a year from Covid but his 8-year old son got Covid the first week back at school. My 4-year old cousin got Covid from her preschool teacher. No way to know how masks would have helped in that situation since there were no control tests but school definitely wasn’t a safe space for students due to local politics here.
    our control is our local 3 big high schools that haven't had mask requirements since the start of the year. K-8 schools all have them. Ironically, the high schools have consistently been at the lowest levels of cases and the district tracks and posts them Monday and Thursday. Parents have died down a bit on pushing masking everywhere as the reality is it's making little to no difference among the 6,000+ in three different locations vs all the others that are masked up. Reality is beginning to set in among many

Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast