autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    I'll add my $.02.

I think they are pushing it too hard...offering bribes for getting it, threatening your livelihood if you don't get the shot (get vaccinated or get fired), mandates to get vaccinated etc. I feel they are telling people "It's good for you, get the shot...OR ELSE." My mother got the vaccination, so did my wife and kids. My dad refuses and I am VERY leery. If they would have come out with the vaccine and simply said "We have a vaccine and it may help in stopping the spread of C-19, we recommend people get vaccinated, especially those in the high-risk categories." AND LEFT IT AT THAT, then there would be a lot less resistance from people to get vaccinated.

The "Ask you, tell you, FORCE you" progression of those in charge doesn't sit well with me, I'm very stubborn. Ask me, or suggest that I do something and I most likely will, TELL me, or threaten me and good luck.
    I think categorising a vaccine mandate as a threat is incorrect, but I haven't seen the same public service announcements, news, or work place emails you have. To me it's more about work place safety, and avoiding liability too, possibly. I used to work in a warehouse, if I refused to wear steel capped safety boots, I didn't get to work, even though they were uncomfortable, and they made my feet sore. If didn't have a forklift licence, no driving the forklift. Certain people weren't allowed in the warehouse, for their own safety, and faced dismissal if they disobeyed, they never followed through on this threat though. These are all safety and liability issues as well.

There are immuno-compromised people out there who can't be vaccinated, they need those who can be vaccinated to have it done. When you're vaccinated, you're far less likely to get it, and if you do, your viral load is significantly reduced, meaning you're less likely to pass it on. And just because you can still get it when you're vaccinated, doesn't mean it isn't worth doing. You will also stand a much better chance of staying out of hospital, and especially intensive care. These are facts.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

2. Likes Tasmania, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    What about it?
    How are they being brain washed?

Brain washed into thinking what?
    Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 98CayenneTA View Post
    How are they being brain washed?

Brain washed into thinking what?
    Who are they? My brother not they he is a little brain washed with morning tv hosts and way to much fb experts telling this and that about C19 he is on the fence about getting the vax as i was saying to another member, But he will if he wants to travel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I think categorising a vaccine mandate as a threat is incorrect, but I haven't seen the same public service announcements, news, or work place emails you have. To me it's more about work place safety, and avoiding liability too, possibly. I used to work in a warehouse, if I refused to wear steel capped safety boots, I didn't get to work, even though they were uncomfortable, and they made my feet sore. If didn't have a forklift licence, no driving the forklift. Certain people weren't allowed in the warehouse, for their own safety, and faced dismissal if they disobeyed, they never followed through on this threat though. These are all safety and liability issues as well.

There are immuno-compromised people out there who can't be vaccinated, they need those who can be vaccinated to have it done. When you're vaccinated, you're far less likely to get it, and if you do, your viral load is significantly reduced, meaning you're less likely to pass it on. And just because you can still get it when you're vaccinated, doesn't mean it isn't worth doing. You will also stand a much better chance of staying out of hospital, and especially intensive care. These are facts.

It's a power and money grab. Schools, businesses, etc. are being used to enforce it. Follow the money. School boards are being coerced to mandate masks and colleges vaccines. Not all will comply and kudos to them. Governors are keeping their emergency orders in place to garner more federal money yet they've shut down all emergency backup hospitals, etc., and are opening up. If life is normal then there shouldn't be an emergecy status in place. Liability is all but a pen-stroke away. It's rather ironic that since the rollout of the vaxes, the gov't has no responsibility or liability, the manufacturers have no responsibility liability, a business forcing it upon their workers isn't responsible for problems nor liable either, yet if a person doesn't want it THEY are the ones who are irresponsible? Sorry but that's the definition of hypocrisy.

Your point about safety is only partially valid. The risks for steel boots in those scenarios are situationally different. The overall risks of covid for the masses of working-age folks are very low. Immuno-compromised people are nothing new either. The number of them per year simply from cancer treatments is Huge and they've been fine for decades. Even a common cold can kill them but yet life for the rest of us has gone on without issue. This time it's about power and money and the tightening of the reigns on society. I'm proud of SW Airlines and those resisting. I'm also very surprised it hasn't gone to the courts.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

6. Likes 98CayenneTA, opie, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    It's a power and money grab. Schools, businesses, etc. are being used to enforce it. Follow the money. School boards are being coerced to mandate masks and colleges vaccines. Not all will comply and kudos to them. Governors are keeping their emergency orders in place to garner more federal money yet they've shut down all emergency backup hospitals, etc., and are opening up. If life is normal then there shouldn't be an emergecy status in place. Liability is all but a pen-stroke away. It's rather ironic that since the rollout of the vaxes, the gov't has no responsibility or liability, the manufacturers have no responsibility liability, a business forcing it upon their workers isn't responsible for problems nor liable either, yet if a person doesn't want it THEY are the ones who are irresponsible? Sorry but that's the definition of hypocrisy.

Your point about safety is only partially valid. The risks for steel boots in those scenarios are situationally different. The overall risks of covid for the masses of working-age folks are very low. Immuno-compromised people are nothing new either. The number of them per year simply from cancer treatments is Huge and they've been fine for decades. Even a common cold can kill them but yet life for the rest of us has gone on without issue. This time it's about power and money and the tightening of the reigns on society. I'm proud of SW Airlines and those resisting. I'm also very surprised it hasn't gone to the courts.
    I'm on this guy's team
    Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

8. Likes TTQ B4U, opie, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't really comment on what's happening over there. But over here we didn't see the federal government give money to the states quite so much, they gave money directly to companies, to keep workers employed, even if they had to stay home for a while, due to lockdown. They also doubled the unemployment benefit for the majority of last year, and reduced it in steps as things opened up. They didn't increase it with this latest lockdown though, it only really affected to states.

On the lockdown though, it has been effective. I live in the most populace state, New South Wales, with a population of 8.2 million. They started by locking down parts of Sydney, the capital, then all of greater Sydney, and eventually the whole state. This started when the Delta variant arrived, the peak arrived at around the 7 week mark, we were getting just over 1600 cases a day, with 10 - 15 deaths. Our vaccination rate was slow, before Delta most people weren't worried. The state government said when we hit 70% double dosed, we'll start to open up, which happened on Monday. Our cases today were down to 366, with 5 deaths. The freedoms given on Monday were only for the double vaccinated. The unvaccinated, or single dosed can still go out, but only for essential shopping, excersize, medical appointments, or if they're an essential worker. All non essential businesses will be checking vaccine status at the door. And I'm happy with that.

And I bet Tassie is happy his state has no cases, and they're stopping all the 'festy' mainlanders from coming over. I do wish I was down there though.

I really can't comment on what's happening over there, I can only tell you what's happening here, and what's working for us.

10. Thanks Tasmania thanked for this post
    Likes Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post

• The freedoms given on Monday were only for the double vaccinated. The unvaccinated, or single dosed can still go out, but only for essential shopping, excersize, medical appointments, or if they're an essential worker.
    • All non essential businesses will be checking vaccine status at the door. And I'm happy with that.
    • I really can't comment on what's happening over there, I can only tell you what's happening here, and what's working for us.

The above are so extreme I can't even comment. Freedoms Given.....WOW! Vaccine status checks......hard pass. Some far liberal cities here are trying it but I don't foresee it gaining ground. Anyplace doing that will lose my business for quite a while if not for good. The whole "papers please"....ah....no. This isn't Germany circa 1930's.

We are certainly in trying times and different cultures are handling things so different that the studies from this will tell a story for sure.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

12. Likes vobro, opie, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The above are so extreme I can't even comment. Freedoms Given.....WOW! Vaccine status checks......hard pass. Some far liberal cities here are trying it but I don't foresee it gaining ground. Anyplace doing that will lose my business for quite a while if not for good. The whole "papers please"....ah....no. This isn't Germany circa 1930's.

We are certainly in trying times and different cultures are handling things so different that the studies from this will tell a story for sure.
    I agree with this. They are also creating further isolation for people who haven't been able to socialize or have family and friends and use public places for that. Additionally, asking for vaccination status is no different than discrimination over color.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

14. Likes Jayfro, TTQ B4U, opie, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The people in charge are the problem. Everything they do is in an attempt to stay in charge. None of them care about what the people really want. Trump opened his big mouth and lied in all regards with this virus, then proceeded to politicize how we all deal with it. There likely wouldn't even have been mandates from the very beginning, if the politicians on both sides were truthful about it all. Or if there were restrictions or mandates, they would have been very brief and have been more of a time for everyone to make adjustments to how people and companies do things. If both sides had gotten together from the beginning, this pandemic would have been a much different experience for everyone.

16. Likes TTQ B4U, dgage, opie liked this post
    Dislikes Flash Gordon disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with much of what you say and other things I don’t as is standard in discussions and with topics that aren’t easy with black and white answers.

One thing I’ll point out is doctors and scientists have no training for dealing with the assault on science and data. Doctors used to have it pretty easy with patients and at most patients might get a second or even third opinion. Now patients are questioning everything and often not believing their doctor anymore. Questioning wouldn’t be bad if they weren’t getting their facts from Facebook or worse. But there are people just trying to get their names in the headlines as any publicity is good publicity and good for their bottom line. And there are definitely companies benefiting from what is going on but I think it is the individuals that are more focused on using this to their benefit. And because of these people, doctors now have to try to convince their patients of what they should do while fighting all sorts of misinformation and propaganda. When have doctors ever had to have discussions with their patients on whether they should take a horse pill for a human condition?

So one very real issue are that those supporting vaccines don’t know how to deal with the disinformation that comes from every side.

And as Azure stated, the political infighting keeps everyone from focusing on the real issues that we could tackle and address if the people were united. But the infighting most definitely benefits those already in power, regardless of which side of the aisle you’re on.

18. Likes TTQ B4U, Bruno Soares, Azure liked this post
    Dislikes Flash Gordon disliked this post
Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast