autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    I'm staying out of this discussion... I have an opinion but I'm not going to get caught up in this "us vs. them" division perpetuated during this pandemic. Especially on this forum where this type of discourse is minimal to almost non-existent. And that's a good thing that sets this forum apart from many others... Let's keep it that way.
    I agree 100%, John.

Nothing can spoil a friendly group quicker that religion or politics.

AGO has always been very friendly, and this type of topic can drive a HUGE wedge into it (us) very, very quickly.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Dislikes Flash Gordon disliked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I agree 100%, John.

Nothing can spoil a friendly group quicker that religion or politics.

AGO has always been very friendly, and this type of topic can drive a HUGE wedge into it (us) very, very quickly.
    Not a fan of self-censorship personally.

I believe covid is way bigger then trump or biden. They never ran america. America is run by special interests. Central bankers and the military are on top of the food chain, throw in big tech and a few others.

One of the early investors in google was none other then the CIA. I believe facebook might be connected as well, not sure now.

And of course Bezos is a CIA/MIC mole for sure.

Another very powerful company is Blackstone. They are the biggest holder of residential real estate in america if my memory serves me right.

And the big J word is another elephant in the room. Some people actually believe the rothchilds are not jewish at all...who knows...

I forget who said it now but i will paraphrase it. "If you want to know who's in control look for the people you can't criticize."

4. Likes TTQ B4U, CleanIT, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Flash Gordon: Why not throw out an opinion instead of going down the list and "disliking" everyones posts?

Kindergarten BS.

NOW you have something to "dislike".
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

6. Thanks Flash Gordon thanked for this post
    Likes Bruno Soares, opie, Jayfro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

LA County & Ca State STILL aren't reporting recovery numbers after almost two years of this... The State numbers can be found online, but not from any official Ca Govt website.
    Those who possess real knowledge are rare. Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still. The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.

8. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    Trump was too busy planning a coup just as the vaccines were released. Once Biden won, Fox News started injecting vaccine doubts into their narrative. Tucker Carlson among others. The cult Trump base soaked it up like a sponge. The US started off good and at one time we were in the top 5 vaccination rates. Now we are 36th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fox has been pushing for people to get vaccinated since before there was even a vaccine. Hannity was stating from March '20. There are videos to back this up.
    Those who possess real knowledge are rare. Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still. The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.

10. Likes Flash Gordon, TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by koj11 View Post
    He had a chance to and failed miserably. Our last president initiated a war against science, medicine, and truth that is still ongoing. It has cost us dearly. Publicly denying that covid is a problem dozens of times, that it's fake news and is going to magically vanish as hundreds of thousands of Americans die needlessly. Acknowledging on camera that it's deadly and airborne, and yet still downplaying it repeatedly. Suggestions of injecting (something that works like) disinfectant and shining ultraviolet light inside of people... He is still nothing but a con man that is still fleecing his flock.
    FTFY

Post Thanks / Like

I had Covid pneumonia and hospitalized for the first time in my 50 years, I got the Pfizer and had severe reactions and my wife and I have been deemed “long haulers ”. I simply got the vaccine because I didn’t want to go thru that again and also as a family we all talked about it and felt the vaccine was our best safe practice for each other. I made my choice my own for my personal reasons and am satisfied.

I. Don’t need a bunch of 75-80 year old people who aren’t even scientifically inclined to sell me anything, I feel this whole thing could have been handled better by everyone. Last year at this time in most of the country there was no way things would open,kids could go to school and it all ramped up for political reasons. Anyone remember the Covid ticker on the news? Died,infected,hospitalized were shown but never recovery rate. In the last 4 weeks there have been over 800,000 cases in kids under 12, where’s the same outrage as last year? Why did the CDC track every case last year but don’t track Covid cases in the fully vaccinated unless they go to the hospital?

IMHO if you get Covid and end up in the hospital especially all alone like I was you will have time to self reflect on your decision not to get the jab. I heard things at night time that will haunt me for the rest of my life, I felt the anguish that my family had for me while they couldn’t do anything for me. That being said I also respect your decision as long as you put any amount of thought into why. I don’t respect some person of privilege reading from a teleprompter telling me what I should do, how my kids should be treated and believe he has my personal best interest at heart.

13. Thanks Jayfro thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vobro View Post
    I had Covid pneumonia and hospitalized for the first time in my 50 years, I got the Pfizer and had severe reactions and my wife and I have been deemed “long haulers ”. I simply got the vaccine because I didn’t want to go thru that again and also as a family we all talked about it and felt the vaccine was our best safe practice for each other. I made my choice my own for my personal reasons and am satisfied.

I. Don’t need a bunch of 75-80 year old people who aren’t even scientifically inclined to sell me anything, I feel this whole thing could have been handled better by everyone. Last year at this time in most of the country there was no way things would open,kids could go to school and it all ramped up for political reasons. Anyone remember the Covid ticker on the news? Died,infected,hospitalized were shown but never recovery rate. In the last 4 weeks there have been over 800,000 cases in kids under 12, where’s the same outrage as last year? Why did the CDC track every case last year but don’t track Covid cases in the fully vaccinated unless they go to the hospital?

IMHO if you get Covid and end up in the hospital especially all alone like I was you will have time to self reflect on your decision not to get the jab. I heard things at night time that will haunt me for the rest of my life, I felt the anguish that my family had for me while they couldn’t do anything for me. That being said I also respect your decision as long as you put any amount of thought into why. I don’t respect some person of privilege reading from a teleprompter telling me what I should do, how my kids should be treated and believe he has my personal best interest at heart.
    Probably for the same reason that total Flu numbers are just an estimate & if you aren't showing up at the hospital it's not worth tracking. I've had three Pfizer shots. My sister in the UK had the AZ vaccine & had a bad reaction to it. She was off for 9 days from the day after the jab. She ended up getting covid anyway. & was off work again.....altho tbf, she's a Govt tax inspector.. so every cloud etc

Post Thanks / Like

We just come out of over 2 months of lockdown, although it's only those who are fully vaccinated that get the most freedoms. If you're not fully vaccinated, you can still only do essential shopping or travel. I went to the mall today and before I went in some of the shops they checked my vaccination status, we get a certificate on our phone.

Funniest thing I saw while I was in the queue to go in to this shop, was this guy who tried to walk backwards, real casual like, in through the exit. They stopped him, he said he'd just walked out, but changed his mind and wanted to go back in. He hadn't, so they told him to join the line, or leave, he left.

My nephew and his family are in isolation, a teacher at the kids daycare centre went positive with the Delta strain, so everyone who's been there has to get tested and stay home. He's stuck home with the wife and their boys, 5 years old and 18 months old. All negative so far, but they have 7 more days in isolation, with a second test at the end. They're going stir crazy. First world problems really, they can work from home, mostly, so they're still getting paid, the supermarkets will deliver whatever you want, you can stream all the kids shows you need, and they have a yard to play in. They're really quite lucky, and they know this. I think they may have been over using tik tok though.

I'm still unemployed, since March last year, but I have savings, so I'm being very picky with the jobs I apply for. The government is subsidising younger workers, so I'm not even getting any interviews. The jobs I am applying for are getting up to 150 applicants, so that makes it tough. I'm not taking it personally though. I worked my last job for 32 years straight, so I'm enjoying the break. Something will turn up.

Dave

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

16. Thanks Tasmania thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    We just come out of over 2 months of lockdown, although it's only those who are fully vaccinated that get the most freedoms.
    No one will ever convince me we aren't living in the dumbest decade in history. You're taking things remarkably well. Kuddos.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

18. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave, Jayfro, opie, JDGolden, NoClue liked this post
Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast