autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

I'm lucky in the fact that I cut my own hair with my trusty clippers.

But my wife is not a happy camper not being able to see her girl at the hair salon.

Man, these women do NOT like grey roots! Lol
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I'm lucky in the fact that I cut my own hair with my trusty clippers.

But my wife is not a happy camper not being able to see her girl at the hair salon.

Man, these woman do NOT like grey roots! Lol
    Lol I just “enhanced” my wife roots. Wasn’t bad and if ones thorough at detailing it carries over to hair tech.

3. Likes Ed Abbondanzio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vobro View Post
    Lol I just “enhanced” my wife roots. Wasn’t bad and if ones thorough at detailing it carries over to hair tech.
    Solution Finish?

5. Likes DMiglio, Bobh59 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nrengle View Post
    I've played that place twice. Both times that floor is back to GA seating. For years though that was never the case in Cincy. We'll see what happens, and how quick it all goes back to complacency.
    Wow. I was unaware that Cincinnati had overturned its ban on GA seating, apparently in 2004.

GA seating wasn't the problem anyways. The reason for the stampede being deadly was that they only had (2) sets of doors open that night, on opposite sides of the Coliseum. What started it all was they began playing the soundtrack to Quadrophenia over the PA inside, and all the people congregated outside on the plaza between the stadium (Riverfront) and the Coliseum thought the band had taken the stage and then the mad rush began. We were lucky because one guy in our group was a local and suggested we go around to the other side of the Coliseum to see if there was another door open. There was and we walked right in. Once inside we had zero idea that anyone had been killed or anything. The only clue that something was up was that The Who only played one set, no encore, and then the lights came on. In the car on the way back to campus, we turned on the radio to WEBN (local station) only to hear the DJ say "And the death toll from The Who concert is now at 11." Then we got back to our dorm only to find out that a friend had been killed - he had gotten crushed up against one of the huge concrete support columns just inside the entrance.

Sorry for the thread-crap. Stuff like this is hard to forget.

As for concerts in general, I think it will be 2021 at the soonest ...

7. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

a lot of interesting perspectives that open your eyes. thanks to everyone that's posted...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    Wow. I was unaware that Cincinnati had overturned its ban on GA seating, apparently in 2004.

GA seating wasn't the problem anyways. The reason for the stampede being deadly was that they only had (2) sets of doors open that night, on opposite sides of the Coliseum. What started it all was they began playing the soundtrack to Quadrophenia over the PA inside, and all the people congregated outside on the plaza between the stadium (Riverfront) and the Coliseum thought the band had taken the stage and then the mad rush began. We were lucky because one guy in our group was a local and suggested we go around to the other side of the Coliseum to see if there was another door open. There was and we walked right in. Once inside we had zero idea that anyone had been killed or anything. The only clue that something was up was that The Who only played one set, no encore, and then the lights came on. In the car on the way back to campus, we turned on the radio to WEBN (local station) only to hear the DJ say "And the death toll from The Who concert is now at 11." Then we got back to our dorm only to find out that a friend had been killed - he had gotten crushed up against one of the huge concrete support columns just inside the entrance.

Awful thing that happened, but lesson learned.

Holds true today with this virus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post

I'm quite familiar with the story, anyone that's in my industry should be. I actually remember it first from WKRP when they did the episode on it. It's tragic. And it still happens on occasion. The last time I remember something similar was a festival in Europe about 8 years ago or so where a surge in the crowd caused the same trampling.

Right now from talk with the big players I deal with, it's hoped for summer, but a lot of those dates are quickly going away. And they're planning for beginning of the year. Anything that got rescheduled from spring to fall took all the arena slots besides the sports events. Meanwhile if Fall get's cancelled those tours may just get taken away entirely now. I have some artists that were in the middle of their album cycles that are now writing their next album because they have nothing else they can do besides get ready for whenever it gets back to whatever we do. Entertainment will definitely be the very last thing to come back because of the close quarters enviroments, and cutting capacity on razor thin margins already will just bankrupt most venues (let alone movie theaters, AMC will not be coming out this as it stands).

11. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Im in nyc, worst of the worst in the united states and maybe the world technically. Im not wanting to sound political here but we were warned about another pandemic and the current government not only failed to act but gutted safety nets that help prevents this and often does not believe in science and medicine and tells people to basically inject themselves with lysol?!?!

I fear alot of restaurants will close and unfortunately other industries will go down too. My biggest grip is the people calling this a hoax. A nurse committed suicide recently due to being so overworked and people have the nerve to go and form mass crowds and be jerks. I have been there with depression and you lose hope and become overwhelmed and down so fast and hard. I have family working covid and I fear for them as well. However I appreciate what some companies have done to fight back.
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

13. Thanks BillE thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Some elevators don’t go to the top floor and some don’t even work ..we have them in my area

15. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

this is not only upsetting, but truly heart breaking...

August 24, 2020

175,938 total deaths (USA)

9073 total deaths (Canada)

309 total deaths (South Korea)

1179 total deaths (Japan)

4634 total deaths (China)

9332 total deaths (Germany)

30,153 total deaths (France)

35,437 total deaths (Italy)

Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast