autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

The IDA had an excellent webinar yesterday discussing different perspectives of the latest Corona virus. One presenter was well versed in disaster response from his Military training as Chief Health Care NCO for the 36th Infantry, and another was an EMT.

There was a lot of good information, and I have included a link to the CDC's website with some guidelines could be useful for detailing (the car or the house). One interesting thing was about products that can claim to be effective on Covid-19. None have been tested on it, but have been proven in similar viruses.

As for working, the presenters had 3 different response for their businesses. One had shut down completely, and his employees were able to get unemployment. Another another was only doing exterior details onsite, and would not even open the car doors. And the other was mostly doing boats, so was doing full details, but only exterior details on cars.

BTW, the webinar was free for anyone to 'attend', and they said they would put it up on their website soon.

CDC website link:
    Chemical Disinfectants | Disinfection & Sterilization Guidelines | Guidelines Library | Infection Control | CDC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    It's like folks have never heard of Karma. Didn't work out too well for this guy: Man dies from coronavirus after calling it a 'political ploy'
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. I have a feeling the Darwin Awards this year are going to have a tough time picking winners.

3. Likes PaulMys, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post

*Big pharma commercial saving you from constipation, but you may die from liver failure. (Ask your doctor).

Hahaha, you know - when we were over for our family vacation over the holiday season, any time we had the TV on we would laugh at these commercials ...

Often the side effects seems a whole lot worse than the ailment ...

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

5. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    Hahaha, you know - when we were over for our family vacation over the holiday season, any time we had the TV on we would laugh at these commercials ...

Often the side effects seems a whole lot worse than the ailment ...

Aaryn NZ.
    Idk if it’s an American thing only,(torn if I’m honest as I don’t want it to be just Americans that do this, but I also don’t want it to be a human condition) the laziness and ones “inability” to change their own life. At a young age I was diagnosed with a chronic disease, pumped full of meds and doctors visits almost weekly. This isn’t a sob story for me though, my parents are the real heroes through this time bc they drove me everywhere as I was only 11.

Anyways, as years go by I decided to quit cold turkey on my meds, I had been in “remission” for about 6-9 months at the time and I was finishing high school. When I was around 15 I started to work out religiously(being a young teen it was body weight training, boxing and some jogging), and followed a strict diet, cooking my own meals and the sort. As much as I hated those years of being sick, tons of doctor visits, the pain, the tests, medicines and stress on my parents. I feel it was a blessing in disguise, as now I know so many illnesses and conditions are due to lack of care(it’s easy to say diet and exercise, but I’m going to say CARE!).

It’s a bit blunt I know, but if you can’t control your eating, find some form of daily or every other day exercise and activity then you just don’t CARE for YOU! I know we are all busy and have different schedules and workloads, family, obligations etc. I’m not saying this makes for a bad person as clearly there’s so many things that get in the way, first and foremost family is the most important of all!!

In spite of all that, we must take control of our health and ourselves because otherwise it’s of to the “magic pills” the side effects and the “side effect pills” to manage the symptoms of the “magic pills.”

Sorry guys, here’s the soapbox! Actually let me step of the high horse first and then hand you the box!
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nrengle View Post
    Concerts are a long ways off, and will never be the same. Gone will be the days of a GA floor, or completely packed houses.

True enough. But then again, concerts have really never been the same since that fateful night in Cincy on Dec.3, 1979. I was lucky enough to get out of there in one piece but I knew someone who didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    It's like folks have never heard of Karma. Didn't work out too well for this guy: Man dies from coronavirus after calling it a 'political ploy'

These protesters remind me of a great quote from the movie about Dalton Trumbo (an excellent movie BTW) :

"There are many angry and ignorant people in this world and they seem to be breeding in record numbers."

8. Likes PaulMys, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    True enough. But then again, concerts have really never been the same since that fateful night in Cincy on Dec.3, 1979. I was lucky enough to get out of there in one piece but I knew someone who didn't.

Ahh, The Who concert. I remember that.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

With GA being open again I was finally able to get a haircut! Something we take for granted. My hair was longer than it had been in 40 years. The barber wore a mask, I wore a mask. He sanitized the chair after each customer and everyone that came in used hand sanitizer. This can work, people just have to not be stupid (hard ask).

Post Thanks / Like

I’m still waiting here in Florida for the barber to open. Indeed the little things we take for granted. When I am finally able to go I think I’m getting scalped!
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    I've played that place twice. Both times that floor is back to GA seating. For years though that was never the case in Cincy. We'll see what happens, and how quick it all goes back to complacency.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL. I can relate. Haircut is the biggest thing on my plate now. But it is what it is. Just going to have to wait and hope I can even get in when they open.

Work hours have backed off a bit, which I welcome. 36 hours last week. Rumor is we are getting a $300 bonus in MAY. After taxes it will not be much. But it is something in these troubling times...
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast