autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I wear my mask everywhere, except in my car, while walking and at homeWhat's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?
    You're a better man than me then. I don't wear one at all anymore unless a particular location requires it.

I respect TTQ B4U's viewpoint. He simply states that mask wearing isn't a policy he's willing to embrace. Either you agree or disagree but that is his personal opinion. Opinions can be discussed but they aren't yes or no.

My issue is with those that say something doesn't work at all, which is BS. Even masks, in their limited way work. Even TTQ B4U said masks don't really work but then he brings up tidal breathing, which is where they do work in limited locations and limited timeframes.

So for me it is simply how some people have disingenuously tried to shift their opinion by giving absolutes. The vaccines don't work. Masks don't work. Social distancing doesn't work. Last year's flu season shows some of these solutions absolutely do work. However, I agree with others that I would rather live with a flu season than change our lifestyles that drastically. But there are some things we could do to improve our annual bout with flu that might help quite a bit while not changing our lifestyles much but only time will tell what those are and what will be implemented in our society.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Because he doesn’t disagree with you? I never see anyone complaining about the news source when it agrees with their viewpoint.
    I call it like it is, common sense

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

3. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    I call it like it is, common sense
    If only it were common and if only it were used more.

5. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Thats cool, ive honestly never been to either places.

And yeah wow! how interesting it is that your statement sounds just like what i suppose was told to people back in the days of segregation! Your not this skin color or race so leave!

Im honestly not turning this about racism, because i truly don't care what color or race you are, You are a human and thats it.

Just think about how those two sinarious actually are simialar if you just swap race/color for vaxxed/unvaxxed or masked/unmasked

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Lol….. you must do Yoga cuz that’s a stretch. Not similar at all.

Totally different keeping someone out because the color of there skin and someone who doesn’t care if they protect the workers or other patron’s from a disease that most scientists seem a little worried about.

Walking around a different race doesn’t harm anyone but walking around with a possible disease that could actually harm someone?

I’m all about the second amendment and live in an open carry state. Business can ask that either don’t bring a gun into there establishment or don’t do business there.

That’s fine and i’m not selfish enough to think it’s the same as being a racist.

This would be more comparable as the business see’s it has a possible threat to there customers or workers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    masks in South Korea and Japan (just to name a few countries) are nothing new. well before the whole covid situation, people have been wearing them (among other precautions) when they are sick (not feeling well) if they have to go out in public to help minimize spreading it. it's out of consideration/respect for others. not so much here in the USA...
    Also for those nations have bad air quality and most think it helps. I don’t know if it does or doesn’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Even TTQ B4U said masks don't really work but then he brings up tidal breathing, which is where they do work in limited locations and limited timeframes.
    Meh on the tidal breathing. Airflow out of a surgical mask still occurs just the same and the virus along with each breath. The only advantage to situations like that are based on breathing rates and exhales to build up enough viral load to fill air enough to infect those around you or walking by. That's where social distancing really comes in but not the mask. The center image here is a tidal breath exhale from a vape pen which was used to make the breath visible.

Keep in mind the moisture being emitted here is also far LARGER in partial size than a virus thus if this looks bad, think about smaller vapor particles laden with virus aka regular breath. Wear them if you like but don't think for a minute it's saving the guy next to you at all as it's not. it's saving them from a direct breath but the goods in that breath are coming out as these are not respirators or filtration devices. Just kleenex to save you from a spit talker. Me, I've always kept a larger personal space to avoid them. If I can "smell" your garlic or coffee....you're too close. Honestly, I've quite confident that's why I've yet to get covid.

What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?-2-jpg

So for me it is simply how some people have disingenuously tried to shift their opinion by giving absolutes. The vaccines don't work. Masks don't work. Social distancing doesn't work. Last year's flu season shows some of these solutions absolutely do work. However, I agree with others that I would rather live with a flu season than change our lifestyles that drastically. But there are some things we could do to improve our annual bout with flu that might help quite a bit while not changing our lifestyles much but only time will tell what those are and what will be implemented in our society.
    well stated. absolutes are often used as a way of people "emphasizing" their point. in text online people tend to exaggerate to make a point and that IMO is what I see a lot of happening in discussions like this. no doubt some will adopt those changes to their lifestyles going forward, but IMO those changes are for us as individuals to make. Our liberty and freedom to choose to live as we do don't change based on those around us and what they fear. Those in opposition tend to say the same in turn but then the two schools of thought combined show we as individuals choose and are more responsible for our own health than those around us. I don't go asking anyone around me to put down peanuts or not sell or eat them or to carry an epi-pen to save me or my son. THat's not the responsibility of anyone but us. I believe the same is true for covid.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

10. Likes dgage, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wear a mask, don't wear a mask.

Get a shot, don't get a shot.

Who gives a rats ass??

People are going to do whatever they feel like doing, period.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

12. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Bosko, opie, Klasse Act, Jayfro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Also for those nations have bad air quality and most think it helps. I don’t know if it does or doesn’t
    Based on the limited reading I’ve done, N95 or KN95 masks do block most pollution particulates. I’m sure there are some smaller particulates that get through as do smaller virus molecules. But they do filter out and reduce the amount of pollution particles entering the respiratory system so they are protecting their lungs SOME.

14. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You're a better man than me then. I don't wear one at all anymore unless a particular location requires it.

I respect TTQ B4U's viewpoint. He simply states that mask wearing isn't a policy he's willing to embrace. Either you agree or disagree but that is his personal opinion. Opinions can be discussed but they aren't yes or no.

My issue is with those that say something doesn't work at all, which is BS. Even masks, in their limited way work. Even TTQ B4U said masks don't really work but then he brings up tidal breathing, which is where they do work in limited locations and limited timeframes.

See I'm trying to be respectful in general, not to stir the pot, it's too bad the same courtesy isn't extended to me for my personal reasons for NOT wanting the shotWhat's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

To me who would be offended by me wearing a mask so I just so it to be respectful but don't take this as a sign of weakness, big mistakeWhat's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

16. Likes Bosko, dgage, opie, Jayfro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Meh on the tidal breathing. Airflow out of a surgical mask still occurs just the same and the virus along with each breath. The only advantage to situations like that are based on breathing rates and exhales to build up enough viral load to fill air enough to infect those around you or walking by. That's where social distancing really comes in but not the mask. The center image here is a tidal breath exhale from a vape pen which was used to make the breath visible.
    Right and your pictures show what people have been saying about masks. The concentrations of particles in the air are kept closer to the person. Free air breathing allows those same particles to spread out many more feet. So masks and social distancing can help more than just social distancing.

But I don’t wear masks either at this point because I did my part in getting the vaccines and a booster. My choice and my opinion. I did it for my health and livelihood first and foremost followed by for my family but I also did it to do my part for society. My opinion that is obviously not shared with many. My position is not right or wrong.

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445 LastLast