autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Come on Opie, you know I mean reasonable protections as I mentioned yesterday. I’m not for eroding our liberties. I see that much of our differences are the fact that I’m focused in the big picture and people think I’m still fighting about Covid. That’s too bad.

I also want better gun control but have a nice gun collection that I added to this Christmas.

As my previous post showed, I’m wanting balance where we should be able to have our cake and eat it too. Now how do we agree in what balance looks like? Well I wish we as a nation could have that discussion but we don’t have an analog scale, we’ve switched to a digital scale that is either 1 or 0 depending on your viewpoint.
    Dgage I do believe that your overall thought process and ideals have good intentions.

The thoughts i have are i do not believe for one second that the powers to be do not have a hidden agenda that would take our great country in the wrong direction

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

2. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

Sorry if I am coming across too harsh. No disrespect intended. Peace.

Quite frankly most of these guys suck and our system is corrupt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    You are not wrong about the seat belts but where we’re going is proven vaccines will not be leveraged in the future. There isn’t a distinction between proven vaccines and unproven vaccines, which actually supports both of our arguments. And by the way, the vaccines did go through full testing as usual, they just crashed the schedule and did them concurrently and used Uncle Sam to put up a lot of money to absolve risk.
    I'm quite aware the vaccines are tested....fully? Then why has everyone washed their hands of any responsibility should something bad happen? Employers, gov't manufacturers all get a pass on any responsibility to what comes after them yet those that are taking a pass are the ones being irresponsible? I'm sorry but that's Bull and a key portion of the lack of credibility around them. As a leader myself, I lead with trust but not blind trust and I don't ask the team to do something I don't do first and when it comes to responsibility, it all falls on me first and foremost. No one involved in the rollout here is a leader. They are dictatorial cowards.

But that doesn’t change your point that they were rushed and that they are being pushed on people. But at this point 60%+ of Americans, over 200 million at this point are fully vaccinated and many with boosters. What is your criteria for a proven vaccine?
    Yep...another chink in the credibility is that they are being pushed, mandated and FORCED upon people. It all adds up to poor leadership/rollout and it doesn't matter how many are fully vaccinated or boosted. My criteria is but one opinion, perhaps those in charge should have sought out better counsel before they pulled out the dictator card to such a roll out. Long term, no, they don't know.

As a country we’re broken.
    Yep, and IMO it's being broken purposefully. Yet another point of credibility that is in the crapper. ALL The above said and by no means all the points out there, lead to people to distrust and rightfully so.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

6. Thanks opie thanked for this post
    Likes opie, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    Tucker Carlson is a propagandist and not a credible source of news. He's a rightwing fascist that has admitted to lying when cornered. He should be more concerned with the authoritarian president he supported and other fascists within that party. THAT is the threat to this democracy, not covid. January 6th? Hmmmm. That DB is on tv in our house all the time due to living with an older parent who watches Fox News. I'm an independent with no dog in the fight so I could care less about political party etc. I often agree with him but overall find him to be a clown pushing garbage to get ratings. Apparently he's ok with the clown car coup attempt by the last administration too. He blows that off but is so afraid of Fauci and anything covid related. Guy is a jackass.
    So as many who hate Trump as a person, I get it, you don't like Tucker either. However, nothing over the term of Trump was about him as a person but about his policies and views and Tuckers shows again, aren't about him. It's funny how people can hate a person and then ignore the actual subjects or data points that they present. Not much else to garner from your reply but that's okay.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

8. Likes Klasse Act, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone should vote on policy. Leave your emotions at home.

10. Likes Klasse Act, PouncingPanzer, TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Everyone should vote on policy. Leave your emotions at home.

I'd love to see how this would all go if left in the hands of votersWhat's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

12. Likes opie, TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Policies are fine and should be what is focused on until you're dealing with a narcissist that sets the country on fire, can't denounce the Proud Boys on TV then try and attempt a coup because the man can never admit defeat. That trumps policies, no pun intended.

I've voted for R's and D's before. Trump did some things I agree with. He destroyed his legacy because he's a man-child. Most teenagers I know are more mature than that buffoon.

14. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    I'm quite aware the vaccines are tested....fully? Then why has everyone washed their hands of any responsibility should something bad happen? Employers, gov't manufacturers all get a pass on any responsibility to what comes after them yet those that are taking a pass are the ones being irresponsible? I'm sorry but that's Bull and a key portion of the lack of credibility around them. As a leader myself, I lead with trust but not blind trust and I don't ask the team to do something I don't do first and when it comes to responsibility, it all falls on me first and foremost. No one involved in the rollout here is a leader. They are dictatorial cowards.

Yep...another chink in the credibility is that they are being pushed, mandated and FORCED upon people. It all adds up to poor leadership/rollout and it doesn't matter how many are fully vaccinated or boosted. My criteria is but one opinion, perhaps those in charge should have sought out better counsel before they pulled out the dictator card to such a roll out. Long term, no, they don't know.

Yep, and IMO it's being broken purposefully. Yet another point of credibility that is in the crapper. ALL The above said and by no means all the points out there, lead to people to distrust and rightfully so.
    This is a great post and I agree with all of it. Our positions differ slightly but you make some solid points. My hats off to you sir!

16. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Policies are fine and should be what is focused on until you're dealing with a narcissist that sets the country on fire, can't denounce the Proud Boys on TV then try and attempt a coup because the man can never admit defeat. That trumps policies, no pun intended.

I've voted for R's and D's before. Trump did some things I agree with. He destroyed his legacy because he's a man-child. Most teenagers I know are more mature than that buffoon.
    I didn't like Trump before he was President even though my dad was a big fan. We are called the UNITED States of America and he did the opposite of unite so he was a failure in my eyes. Not a good human so couldn't even start to become a good President. I didn't care for Clinton either. My opinion on Biden is incomplete but we'll know within the next 2 years as he can't possibly win another term.

18. Likes CleanIT, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Policies are fine and should be what is focused on until you're dealing with a narcissist that sets the country on fire, can't denounce the Proud Boys on TV then try and attempt a coup because the man can never admit defeat.
    Ummm im pretty sure rioters were the ones that set things on fire good sir.

Trump would be better behind the scenes assisting to make good policies not making "mean tweets".

I dont recall biden ever denouncing anyone...just to play devils advocate

20. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast