autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

I'm going in for my second shot to then be covered from C19 this week i have put off getting the vaccine long enough as i live on a island it's controllable because we can lock out people from flying or sailing in.

My mum is a veteran nurse of 13 year's and had to care for the dying last year i could tell some stories but i won't, the whole lock down thing does not get to me to bad because of the semi rural living and the freedom to walk around the property.

My older brother is very anti vaccine but i'm doing my bit to help get the country back to how it was.

Stay safe out there boy's and girl's.

2. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    I'm going in for my second shot to then be covered from C19 this week i have put off getting the vaccine long enough as i live on a island it's controllable because we can lock out people from flying or sailing in.

My mum is a veteran nurse of 13 year's and had to care for the dying last year i could tell some stories but i won't, the whole lock down thing does not get to me to bad because of the semi rural living and the freedom to walk around the property.

My older brother is very anti vaccine but i'm doing my bit to help get the country back to how it was.

Stay safe out there boy's and girl's.
    Are you getting Pfizer or AZ?

I got AZ, about 8 hours after the first dose, I got muscle aches, a fever, felt really tired, I even got the shivers, 8 hours later it was all gone. Had no side effects from the second dose.

My brother isn't anti vaccination, more what you'd call hesitant. He wanted to wait for Pfizer, then delta came along, and they've rushed it all through. He's waiting for his second dose of Pfizer now, so he's still under the stay at home order. I can't wait to see if he gets the side effects that the second Pfizer dose is known for. All this and he's a university associate professor, some seemingly intelligent people can be so dumb.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

4. Likes Tasmania liked this post
    Dislikes Flash Gordon disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Some food for thought...ive gathered that there is no specific test for the delta variant or any others. You are only told if you have SARS-CoV-2.

To test specifically for individual variants, it is supposedly sent out to certain labs which study the genome sequencing. I'd imagine its not done for every positive covid test....just trust the numbers and the science i guess, from the same person who said all kids should go out and celebrate trick or treat this year.

Couple weeks ago was told we all might not to be able to see family for christmas. So lost don't know what to believe....the real world or the science?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

6. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Are you getting Pfizer or AZ?

I got AZ, about 8 hours after the first dose, I got muscle aches, a fever, felt really tired, I even got the shivers, 8 hours later it was all gone. Had no side effects from the second dose.

My brother isn't anti vaccination, more what you'd call hesitant. He wanted to wait for Pfizer, then delta came along, and they've rushed it all through. He's waiting for his second dose of Pfizer now, so he's still under the stay at home order. I can't wait to see if he gets the side effects that the second Pfizer dose is known for. All this and he's a university associate professor, some seemingly intelligent people can be so dumb.

I'm getting the Pfizer first shot my arm hurt and had cold and flu like symptoms for 4 day's after, My brother is a little brain washed with all the other nonsense that he gets from morning tv shows and fb, dad has the AZ no side effects at all and mum has the Pfizer which she got back in March of this year being a front line worker.

Tomorrow 2:45 is the jab time i did find it a little strange with the nurse said take down your pants....joking =)

8. Likes Big Dave, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    I'm getting the Pfizer first shot my arm hurt and had cold and flu like symptoms for 4 day's after, My brother is a little brain washed with all the other nonsense that he gets from morning tv shows and fb, dad has the AZ no side effects at all and mum has the Pfizer which she got back in March of this year being a front line worker.

Tomorrow 2:45 is the jab time i did find it a little strange with the nurse said take down your pants....joking =)
    Brain washed.....?
    Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

10. Likes PaulMys, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I spoke to this guy a couple of months ago, he's in his seventies, I go past his house most days when I'm walking my dogs. He was complaining how many people were out during the lockdown. I told him it was because one of the only things you are allowed out for is exercise, and since a lot of people weren't considered essential workers, they were at home, and bored. I told him I was double vaccinated, and he took a few steps back, said he didn't want to catch anything off me. This guy on the internet told him not to get vaccinated, that the vaccine will actually give you Covid, and that the only reason doctors are doing it is because they are getting paid by the government. He told me to go check out the website. I explained to him the reason the guy wants to everyone to go to the website is because he gets paid by Google for clicks, because of the advertising. I told him to count the ads on each page. He said that's different, because it's no the government paying him. I asked to go and see his doctor, to listen to the other side of the discussion, no dice, he doesn't trust them, but he'll trust some random dude.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but here's something to think about, what if all the vaccine and pandemic disinformation comes from China, Russia, Iran, or even North Korea, someone with an incentive to slow down or even wreck Western economies, because either they know they can't compete fairly, or just don't care about playing dirty. We already know that they know how to influence those not paying attention.

12. Likes Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was talking to my brother in law and he heard that people that get the vaccine only have a 3-4 year life expectancy after getting the shot. I told him that we haven't been around long enough to come up with numbers like that. Then I tried to explain to him that the vaccine doesn't modify our DNA. And if long term effects were really bad, why do we need a booster? I also told him they've been working on mRNA research since the 60s, which coincidentally is also when the first coronavirus was identified. And then he brought up the old tracker in the arm and I told him the technology doesn't exist and why would they need to do it when you carry a tracker with you everywhere and share way too much information on Facebook and Google.

It is a shame any random person can become an influencer to get attention and money but people that spent years going to school and even longer working hard are completely ignored for their expertise. And too many of the public are easily influenced.

14. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll add my $.02.

I think they are pushing it too hard...offering bribes for getting it, threatening your livelihood if you don't get the shot (get vaccinated or get fired), mandates to get vaccinated etc. I feel they are telling people "It's good for you, get the shot...OR ELSE." My mother got the vaccination, so did my wife and kids. My dad refuses and I am VERY leery. If they would have come out with the vaccine and simply said "We have a vaccine and it may help in stopping the spread of C-19, we recommend people get vaccinated, especially those in the high-risk categories." AND LEFT IT AT THAT, then there would be a lot less resistance from people to get vaccinated.

The "Ask you, tell you, FORCE you" progression of those in charge doesn't sit well with me, I'm very stubborn. Ask me, or suggest that I do something and I most likely will, TELL me, or threaten me and good luck.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

16. Likes Texchappy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 98CayenneTA View Post
    Brain washed.....?
    What about it?

Post Thanks / Like

Only thing I feel comfortable adding is, I am extremely sad in the direction our society is heading.

19. Likes dgage liked this post
Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast