autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    It does state it lessen my chance to contract.... right?
    Lessoning your chance to contract it is a far different statement than you originally made which was "Yes vaccines prevent you from getting it."

My disagreement was with the latter statement, hence why my reply also included acknowledging a reduction: "The only "reduction" comes from the fact that vaccinated individuals don't progress to produce a high enough viral load to become seriously ill thus shed more virus particles as a result."

Again, the development of the current vaccines has always been teaching our immune system to fight it and lesson the numbers of people that get seriously ill and die. These vaccines weren't developed to prevent transmission. Nothing in them does that as they don't BLOCK anything. They inject use with the code our body uses to learn to fight it once we do get it. Our bodies then dispose of the instructions thus no, our DNA isn't altered.

You're welcome to come back in 1-2-3 years and tell me if we've eliminated Covid 19 from our society or stopped it spread. I have $$ on you won't be doing that. It's going to be with us for a long while if we don't update or change our vaccine technology. It's going to be an epidemic that we will as a society and as I've noted, have to learn to live with it being among us. Do that now or later, your choice.

I say the above because our current vaccines are not like those we have for measles, smallpox, other illnesses people like to mention. Covid vaccines do NOT reduce that risk of catching or even transmitting it to zero. People who have gotten vaccinated do still become infected and some people who have had it can can get it again. This means that we would need an even higher level of vaccination against COVID-19 to achieve herd immunity and even for something more simple like measles, we had to have 94% to make it work. So now we're talking >94% which isn't likely.

That said, we should expect to see some level of ongoing coronavirus transmission in our population for many years (if not forever). As we build our society's resistance to it, the risk of severe illness will decrease, and future waves of infection won’t be as disruptive or deadly. However, we are creating any type of "immunity" to it now, we are just adapting to it and like every other Coronavirus, it too will adapt or mutate. It doesn't need humans to do that either. Those points again, also make it different from other illnesses people keep referencing.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

2. Likes 98CayenneTA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    Trump was too busy planning a coup just as the vaccines were released. Once Biden won, Fox News started injecting vaccine doubts into their narrative. Tucker Carlson among others. The cult Trump base soaked it up like a sponge. The US started off good and at one time we were in the top 5 vaccination rates. Now we are 36th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did you even watch the video?

4. Likes 98CayenneTA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Did you even watch the video?
    I did and I remember all of that. That's why I said everything is made political in the U.S. It's a joke. It's a power game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    I did and I remember all of that. That's why I said everything is made political in the U.S. It's a joke. It's a power game.
    That’s exactly what Vice President Pence warned Kamala Harris about not doing. She did it anyway. Irresponsible and petty. Biden claimed he would practically solve the Covid problem and instead it’s only gotten worse.

As a matter of fact everything has been a disaster since he stepped in. The man can’t even speak without a teleprompter. He’s handled Covid worse. And lets not forget the Doctor, he’s much to blame for all of this.

7. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Lessoning your chance to contract it is a far different statement than you originally made which was "Yes vaccines prevent you from getting it."

My disagreement was with the latter statement, hence why my reply also included acknowledging a reduction: "The only "reduction" comes from the fact that vaccinated individuals don't progress to produce a high enough viral load to become seriously ill thus shed more virus particles as a result."

Again, the development of the current vaccines has always been teaching our immune system to fight it and lesson the numbers of people that get seriously ill and die. These vaccines weren't developed to prevent transmission. Nothing in them does that as they don't BLOCK anything. They inject use with the code our body uses to learn to fight it once we do get it. Our bodies then dispose of the instructions thus no, our DNA isn't altered.

You're welcome to come back in 1-2-3 years and tell me if we've eliminated Covid 19 from our society or stopped it spread. I have $$ on you won't be doing that. It's going to be with us for a long while if we don't update or change our vaccine technology. It's going to be an epidemic that we will as a society and as I've noted, have to learn to live with it being among us. Do that now or later, your choice.
    Hmmm never said Yes vaccines prevent from me getting it. I sad the help me from getting it which it does.

Per the CDC:

There’s a different in those statement. Can I just make up things to defend my stance?

At this point when things get twisted and we make up things i will pull back from this debate.

But do go ahead an update me in those mutant zombie covid deers when you get some news. I hope the get better......

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm never said Yes vaccines prevent from me getting it. I sad the help me from getting it which it does.
    In post #93 you did. I quoted you twice.
    You stated: "Vaccines help protect me from getting it hence maybe I don’t pass it. Yes vaccines prevent you from getting it."

It was the whole reason I replied. I won't belabor the point as you have acknowledged and explained the difference between reduction and prevention. No one is making anything up. I'll lead with trust and say you either confused the point or just mis-spoke, etc. Not a big deal, but it is a point that needed to be clarified and vetted for accuracy.

I will still say, if you're ignoring the animal population and not fully understanding how coronaviruses live, mutate and maintain their existence, you're selling your understanding of our situation short. Zombie jokes aside, facts are facts and if you're into following the science you need to do so in all areas. The animal population is very relevant.

Thanks for the conversation.
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

10. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Clearly, they don't as breakthrough cases are not uncommon. Judge Kavanaugh and another senator both of whom have been vaccinated were just this week tested as positive with it. Happens a lot. Delta has been the dominant strain for a few months now, so let's work with the latest updates not the original ones.

"Fully vaccinated people with Delta variant breakthrough infections can spread the virus to others. However, vaccinated people appear to spread the virus for a shorter time: For prior variants, lower amounts of viral genetic material were found in samples taken from fully vaccinated people who had breakthrough infections than from unvaccinated people with COVID-19. For people infected with the Delta variant, similar amounts of viral genetic material have been found among both unvaccinated and fully vaccinated people. However, like prior variants, the amount of viral genetic material may go down faster in fully vaccinated people when compared to unvaccinated people. This means fully vaccinated people will likely spread the virus for less time than unvaccinated people."

Delta Variant: What We Know About the Science | CDC

What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?-2021-10-05-08_46_59-window-jpg

12. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Clearly, they don't as breakthrough cases are not uncommon. Judge Kavanaugh and another senator both of whom have been vaccinated were just this week tested as positive with it. Happens a lot. Delta has been the dominant strain for a few months now, so let's work with the latest updates not the original ones.

"Fully vaccinated people with Delta variant breakthrough infections can spread the virus to others. However, vaccinated people appear to spread the virus for a shorter time: For prior variants, lower amounts of viral genetic material were found in samples taken from fully vaccinated people who had breakthrough infections than from unvaccinated people with COVID-19. For people infected with the Delta variant, similar amounts of viral genetic material have been found among both unvaccinated and fully vaccinated people. However, like prior variants, the amount of viral genetic material may go down faster in fully vaccinated people when compared to unvaccinated people. This means fully vaccinated people will likely spread the virus for less time than unvaccinated people."

Delta Variant: What We Know About the Science | CDC

What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?-2021-10-05-08_46_59-window-jpg
    Lol.... of course there are break through cases and then yes you have covid so you can transmit it. It’s called a Break through meaning it broke through the vaccine. Vaccinated people have less of a chance of contracting it than unvaccinated. You are saying it does nothing for you against catching it and according to CDC your wrong.

Funny how CDC right when it supports your statements but not right when it doesn’t. Kinda contradictory.....

:What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?:

14. Dislikes Flash Gordon disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    That’s exactly what Vice President Pence warned Kamala Harris about not doing. She did it anyway. Irresponsible and petty. Biden claimed he would practically solve the Covid problem and instead it’s only gotten worse.

As a matter of fact everything has been a disaster since he stepped in. The man can’t even speak without a teleprompter. He’s handled Covid worse. And lets not forget the Doctor, he’s much to blame for all of this.
    I look at the Covid situation as a complete government failure going back to 2005 when we were warned, repeatedly, that a future pandemic would be something we'd have to deal with. It doesn't help that America has an obesity problem either.

16. Likes Coatingsarecrack, NoClue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You are saying it does nothing for you against catching it
    In my replies, I'm the one who said our current vaccines reduce not prevents infections.
    My replies and banter with you have been around your quote that "Yes vaccines prevent you from getting it."

My stance is and has been in disagreement with that quote you posted in that they don't prevent you from getting it. They help but they don't prevent it. Nothing in their genetic and scientific design was to prevent onset. They were designed to teach our immune system to fight it. I never said they don't help or do anything. Quite the opposite, I've said all along they reduce...

Again, our current vaccines are effective at preventing severe disease and death not onset. They weren't designed to provide "immunity" as in you won't get sick. Even the CDC acknowledges that and current cases and data show that.

We get the vaccines mainly to protect ourselves not others. You have yours, I have mine, but if you are exposed to a covid patient, you can still acquire it and be asymptomatic and infect others. The vaccines doesn't prevent you from carrying and shedding virus. The likelihood is less as I've repeatedly noted. Vaccines don't prevent you from getting it. That's been my point and now that you recognize that there's a reduction but not full prevention as you noted in post #93, we can move on.

In the end, I believe it's time to begin moving forward. There have always been and will always been "at risk" people for a various number of reasons. For eons we've had 650k per year that go through cancer treatments, have no immunity and are susceptible to dying from a simple cold. The rest of us moved on and lived life. Nothing new about the matter. Get your vaccine, don't worry about those who don't want to, they will be fine and deal with what comes either way, many don't need it if they have had covid before, etc. and get back to normal. Or don't.......that's your choice. Thankfully our area of the world and family have been back to normal for quite a while and there are no issues. Our high school is not masked nor my son's college and neither are trying to force the vaccine on them. All of which is good. YMMV.

18. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast