autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

Quote Originally Posted by koj11 View Post
    So the Ohio Department of Health is lying too? Riiiiight. If anyone believes this, I've got a bridge to sell you.
    The way the media and these depts publish stories yes. If anyone believes the media, they will likely pay you more for that bridge. Again, track the stats. I work in a lab and do this every day. I'm updating the OH numbers later today and can copy you here if you wish. The source file is easy https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/static/...fResidence.csv

As of yesterday, no, our hospital beds were again hardly in danger. Even the ICU was still at 20% covid, 60% everyone else and 20% free.

What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?-2021-10-05-06_19_19-window-jpg
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I don’t know everything about the vaccine but I didn’t get it for me. I got it to hopefully protect everyone.
    You have it backward. The vaccines from day one were not designed to prevent transmission. mRNA vaccines work differently than other types of vaccines, but they still trigger an immune response inside your body. They were designed to help your body learn to fight it and prevent serious illness in YOU. A vaccinated individual can still carry, can still be a-symptomatic and will still shed virus.

In terms of mutations and variants, it's not really going to matter there either. The variants will occur in the animal population that is also getting it. Thus why OH, MI, and many others have seen deer with it and are studying it there. Primate, big cats, etc in zoos are getting it. Let's not forget bats too.

Get the vaccine, protect yourself, stop worrying about others who don't and move on.
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

3. Thanks opie thanked for this post
    Likes opie, Goonie75, Jayfro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    You have it backward. The vaccines from day one were not designed to prevent transmission. mRNA vaccines work differently than other types of vaccines, but they still trigger an immune response inside your body. They were designed to help your body learn to fight it and prevent serious illness in YOU. A vaccinated individual can still carry, can still be a-symptomatic and will still shed virus.

In terms of mutations and variants, it's not really going to matter there either. The variants will occur in the animal population that is also getting it. Thus why OH, MI, and many others have seen deer with it and are studying it there. Primate, big cats, etc in zoos are getting it. Let's not forget bats too.

Get the vaccine, protect yourself, stop worrying about others who don't and move on.
    Vaccines help protect me from getting it hence maybe I don’t pass it. Yes vaccines prevent you from getting it.

Also if enough are vaccinated it may achieve herd immunity, again your definitions you choose to give sound selfish.

And I don’t think anyone asked about deers.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    I think our last president could have managed this better and set a better tone,....
    Donald Trump was President when the vaccines were released to the public.

As far as setting a negative tone, you may want to look at the current leadership.

https://twitter.com/rncresearch/stat...005586944?s=10

6. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Vaccines help protect me from getting it hence maybe I don’t pass it. Yes vaccines prevent you from getting it.
    The CDC Jury is sill out on that. Based on science and past white papers on vaccines, if the above were true, they would note it. They do not. The only "reduction" comes from the fact that vaccinated individuals don't progress to produce a high enough viral load to become seriously ill thus shed more virus particles as a result. Again, the design of these vaccines was NOT to prevent transmission, it was to teach your body how to properly create an immune response based on the spike proteins so one would not become seriously ill.

"The risk for SARS-CoV-2 infection in fully vaccinated people cannot be completely eliminated as long as there is continued community transmission of the virus. Early data suggest infections in fully vaccinated persons are more commonly observed with the Delta variant than with other SARS-CoV-2 variants. However, data show fully vaccinated persons are less likely than unvaccinated persons to acquire SARS-CoV-2, and infections with the Delta variant in fully vaccinated persons are associated with less severe clinical outcomes. Infections with the Delta variant in vaccinated persons potentially have reduced transmissibility than infections in unvaccinated persons, although additional studies are needed."

Also if enough are vaccinated it may achieve herd immunity, again your definitions you choose to give sound selfish.
    Herd immunity is a thing but not in how you are thinking of it. Covid 19 is not going to go away like Measles. that is an apples and oranges comparison as they are completely different. Covid is eventually going to become an epidemic and more seasonal type illness that will be here day-forward but what IS going to happen is over time the vaccines and natural immunity will be more prevalent thus we won't so many "virgin" people get very ill from it. The population will become more resistant to such illnesses. Just like the common flu. There are a variety and continued NEW Variants as there will be here but having the immune response and strength from past infections or vaccines, keeps people from getting really sick a large majority of the time. My responses may sound selfish but I'm not in the candy business and am not sugar coating things. Facts are what they are and if they sound selfish, then so be it.

We all also need to look at things in both a local and national sense. I live in Central Ohio thus it is more direct for me to study those in my immediate area. Our schools are not masked and are just fine. I don't need to hear about schools in SC or OK or to see studies from some generic group when I have 21 months of data from a state of 12M that I live among. It's solid data and there are many other factors that influence spread in any one area.

and I don’t think anyone asked about deers.....
    no, but again, facts remain and need to be learned and studied. someone previously commented on our hospital system and cited the media and a gov't agencies statement. Both have and continue to be disproven by Ohio's Health Dept. FACTS. that THEY publish daily. I cited those and linked them as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Donald Trump was President when the vaccines were released to the public.

As far as setting a negative tone, you may want to look at the current leadership.

https://twitter.com/rncresearch/stat...005586944?s=10
    Trump was too busy planning a coup just as the vaccines were released. Once Biden won, Fox News started injecting vaccine doubts into their narrative. Tucker Carlson among others. The cult Trump base soaked it up like a sponge. The US started off good and at one time we were in the top 5 vaccination rates. Now we are 36th.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Pathetic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by koj11 View Post
    He had a chance to and failed miserably. Our last president initiated a war against science, medicine, and truth that is still ongoing. It has cost us dearly. Publicly denying that covid is a problem dozens of times, that it's fake news and is going to magically vanish as hundreds of thousands of Americans die needlessly. Acknowledging on camera that it's deadly and airborne, and yet still downplaying it repeatedly. Suggestions of injecting disinfectant and shining ultraviolet light inside of people... He is still nothing but a con man that is still fleecing his flock.
    Well said. So glad to hear

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    The CDC Jury is sill out on that. Based on science and past white papers on vaccines, if the above were true, they would note it. They do not. The only "reduction" comes from the fact that vaccinated individuals don't progress to produce a high enough viral load to become seriously ill thus shed more virus particles as a result. Again, the design of these vaccines was NOT to prevent transmission, it was to teach your body how to properly create an immune response based on the spike proteins so one would not become seriously ill.

"The risk for SARS-CoV-2 infection in fully vaccinated people cannot be completely eliminated as long as there is continued community transmission of the virus. Early data suggest infections in fully vaccinated persons are more commonly observed with the Delta variant than with other SARS-CoV-2 variants. However, data show fully vaccinated persons are less likely than unvaccinated persons to acquire SARS-CoV-2, and infections with the Delta variant in fully vaccinated persons are associated with less severe clinical outcomes. Infections with the Delta variant in vaccinated persons potentially have reduced transmissibility than infections in unvaccinated persons, although additional studies are needed."

Herd immunity is a thing but not in how you are thinking of it. Covid 19 is not going to go away like Measles. that is an apples and oranges comparison as they are completely different. Covid is eventually going to become an epidemic and more seasonal type illness that will be here day-forward but what IS going to happen is over time the vaccines and natural immunity will be more prevalent thus we won't so many "virgin" people get very ill from it. The population will become more resistant to such illnesses. Just like the common flu. There are a variety and continued NEW Variants as there will be here but having the immune response and strength from past infections or vaccines, keeps people from getting really sick a large majority of the time. My responses may sound selfish but I'm not in the candy business and am not sugar coating things. Facts are what they are and if they sound selfish, then so be it.

We all also need to look at things in both a local and national sense. I live in Central Ohio thus it is more direct for me to study those in my immediate area. Our schools are not masked and are just fine. I don't need to hear about schools in SC or OK or to see studies from some generic group when I have 21 months of data from a state of 12M that I live among. It's solid data and there are many other factors that influence spread in any one area.

no, but again, facts remain and need to be learned and studied. someone previously commented on our hospital system and cited the media and a gov't agencies statement. Both have and continue to be disproven by Ohio's Health Dept. FACTS. that THEY publish daily. I cited those and linked them as well.
    It does state it lessen my chance to contract.... right? Less chance of me catching and passing on. Thank you for proving my point....

Also from CDC: the unvaccinated are the main transmission points.. the most transmission is occuring in unvaccinated to other unvaccinated.

And heard immunity will help those that cannot be vaccinated;

“Population immunity makes it hard for a disease to spread from person to person. It even protects those who cannot be vaccinated, like newborns or people who are allergic to a vaccine. The percentage of people who need to have protection to achieve population immunity varies by disease.

What we are still learning
    We are still learning how many people have to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before the population can be considered protected.”

As we know more, CDC will continue to update our recommendations for both vaccinated and unvaccinated people.

Again you post points that are self centered and srlf serving. And quoted the CDC to promote anti vaxxing is What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation? ignorant as the CDC recommends those who can get vaccinated should get vaccinated.

You usually seem like an educated gentleman but you are making no sense. You pick one statement to defend but at every stance there has been counter proof.

This is not about your stance on this as you are free to believe any thing you want but the manner you go about defending your stance....

And I understand I will say nothing to change your mind as you would not change mind.

Just that again your comments come across as selfish and self serving.

13. Likes CleanIT liked this post
Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast