autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Stimuls check

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stimuls check

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    - The U.S. has more cases than any other country, and in fact has more cases than #2, #3, #4, & #5 combined.

- The U.S. ranks around #44 in terms of the number of people tested. As bad as that is, even worse is the fact that it still takes 5+ days to get results. Labs are overwhelmed and test kits and supplies are running out. The U.S. just had to buy 600K kits from S. Korea and that was a drop in the bucket compared to what we need.

- The number of people who are infected but asymptomatic is unknown, however the limited testing done so far indicates that it is a large population. For example, approx. 2/3 of the 600+ infected sailors on the USS Roosevelt were asymptomatic.

- The U.S. has done very little contact tracing (compared to others) and it is estimated that more than 300K more people need to be deployed in this capacity.

- We are not effectively isolating the infected in order to contain the virus. So-called "isolating" in a room of the family home or the basement is a joke. So now we are seeing a preponderance of new cases affecting family members/cohabitants.

- No state/location has hit peak outbreak for certain and we definitely have not seen 14 consecutive days of the numbers dropping off (one of the supposed conditions for lifting lockdowns).

- We have zero proof that COVID-19 patients acquire immunity post-infection. So "herd immunity" is a pipe dream at this point. Of the 7 coronaviruses which have infected humans to date, the track record for acquired immunity is not good. We don't acquire immunity to the coronaviruses (4 of them) which cause the common cold, for example.

"Re-opening" the country in lieu of the above is the perfect recipe for a certain second wave.

And history shows us that it was the second wave of the 1918/1919 Spanish flu pandemic that took the most life.
    Well said!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PEAD19 View Post
    Not sure where you found your info but the USA as of today has over 42,000 deaths not 20,000. The quick test results(5 min) are worthless if states dont have the materials to process them. And thats not from CNN, lol.
    You right, I forgot to update since the last time I used it... 88k deaths from the other 5 combined and 42k in the US

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PEAD19 View Post
    Not sure where you found your info but the USA as of today has over 42,000 deaths not 20,000. The quick test results(5 min) are worthless if states dont have the materials to process them. And thats not from CNN, lol.
    still not armadeddon. in Ohio for example if you're under age 65, your odds of dying from it even with only the diagnosed cases being used (inflates the numbers big time) is less .34% That's 1/3 of 1%. once the testing is out there it will and already is in areas it's been done, confirm that we as a society have a lot more people walking around with little to no symptoms and that there are a ton more cases of mild impact vs the deadly ones.

perhaps now people everywhere will understand the importance of ones own health and realize that the impact of chronic diseases are more than just a pill or Rx that is nothing more than a coverup/bandage on a the real underlying problems.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

4. Thanks swanicyouth thanked for this post
    Likes swanicyouth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    still not armadeddon. in Ohio for example if you're under age 65, your odds of dying from it even with only the diagnosed cases being used (inflates the numbers big time) is less .34% That's 1/3 of 1%. once the testing is out there it will and already is in areas it's been done, confirm that we as a society have a lot more people walking around with little to no symptoms and that there are a ton more cases of mild impact vs the deadly ones.

perhaps now people everywhere will understand the importance of ones own health and realize that the impact of chronic diseases are more than just a pill or Rx that is nothing more than a coverup/bandage on a the real underlying problems.
    This is so perfect. Statistics don’t mean a ton, basically they can be presented or skewed towards any agenda the presenter buys into.

Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if America had more deaths or worse outcomes overall. You can blame the healthcare system, politicians, or China. It doesn’t matter.

The real blame falls on Americans. Americans are fatter, lazier, & eat more garbage compared to just about anywhere. We have more diabetes, obesity, respiratory disease, coronary artery disease, and similar compared to almost anywhere.

I think the reality is - the economy is screwed. This will impact the majority individuals significantly more than any corona virus. People think they will “open” the economy & go back to their jobs.

But will they even have jobs to go back to? The media has done such a fine job 24/7 of whipping up fear and paranoia, will people even leave their homes to spend money once stuff opens up? That’s assuming they even have money to spend. I guess it’s good if you are Amazon, but all other businesses I don’t know. The government can’t bail out everyone.

6. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You know what’s really sad.... Is i read that Cinco De Mayo is Going to fall on Taco Tues and Millions won’t be able to enjoy because of a virus with the same name as aMexican Beer....Stimuls check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Why can't you enjoy a taco? The taco truck on my route has been open this whole time, intact, a new one just pulled up about 100 ft infront of them yesterday. I'm sure you can get yourself a taco, no worries Stimuls check

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

10. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post
    Here’s a good one for ya, my sister received a stimulus check.. mind you she hasn’t worked for close to 6 years, well she’s a stay at home mom(which according to Oprah is the “hardest job in the world”). Her husband I’m sure makes over the threshold, but they file jointly so the threshold was not met in that case. When my mom told me she got one I’m glad it was through text because otherwise she would’ve heard me hit the floor..
    I’m sorry, did I miss something here? Why are you offended by this?

Post Thanks / Like

On a side note....... I have noticed in the past that when oil prices rise, you usually see the price of gas rise at the pump within 48 hours.

Now that oil is worth negative $10 a barrel (as claimed), why is gas still over $2 a gallon here in NY four days later?

(Just to be clear, I know the answer to my question making it rhetorical, but just ranting...... )
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    On a side note....... I have noticed in the past that when oil prices rise, you usually see the price of gas rise at the pump within 48 hours.

Now that oil is worth negative $10 a barrel (as claimed), why is gas still over $2 a gallon here in NY four days later?

(Just to be clear, I know the answer to my question making it rhetorical, but just ranting...... )
    I really don’t understand the business side of oil, so I have been seriously confused as to why, in Michigan, I am still paying even $1.59 when oil is cheaper than tap water.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post

Paul, please tell me/us the answer, I'd like to know because here in Chicagoland it's been a sloooooow drio to $1.69 whereas back home in the D its .99 cents a gallon, ###Stimuls check

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast