autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Stimuls check

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stimuls check

More of THIS ^^^^^

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ntwillie1 View Post
    I wanted to mention a few more things - I have continued to support my local businesses and restaurants as much as possible although I am sure my gasoline station misses me, lol.

I worked in NYC when 911 happened. I had just left my job at WTC a year before the attacks. My wife had just come out of the train station at WTC when the first plane hit. When the cell towers went out and I couldn’t reach her I feared the worst. We’ve lived through chaos before and survived it. We will survive it again. At a time like this, we should just help each other out as much as possible.

I have also offered my IT services to my local church and school district although they have not needed it yet. And we have purchased bows to display on our front lawn that represent our support for first responders and all proceeds go to helping feed them.

Now, whats this cute baby goat pic about? Someone please clue me in.

And I wish everyone an amazing weekend. Its raining right now where I live but if it clears up I will go for a walk w my kids and then wash the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When people start to get all hot and heated the baby goat will magically appear from time to time to diffuse the situation. Stimuls check Stimuls check Stimuls check

Sent from my SM-G986U using Autogeekonline mobile app

3. Likes Klasse Act, BudgetPlan1, derek0609 liked this post
    Dislikes Flash Gordon disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    $100k isn't what it used to be when that phrase was really impactful.
    "Location, location, location..." as the Real Estate folks say.

If you can't live a very comfortable life in most areas of the country on $100k per year, your reach is possibly exceeding your grasp.

Always exceptions, mitigating circumstances but in general I'd like to think $100k would leave one w reserves to weather a 2 month 'break' in income while maintaining a suitable standard of living.

It'll definately leave a fiscal 'dent' that'll take a bit of time to repair but life seems to be a collection of ups and downs regardless.

5. Likes PaulMys, grisby, PEAD19, MattPersman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ttq - I understand your point.
    Cool. Clearly we align on more things than we differ. My reply was mainly around the point about the gov't flat out giving it to everyone. I tend to agree but just needed to clarify because many out there (not necessarily you), think six figures is a lot of money and that attorney's or professionals alike making decent money should be lumped into the the group that flat-out don't need it, when in fact most do. Each situation is different.

Now, whats this cute baby goat pic about?
    have not a clue.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    If you can't live a very comfortable life in most areas of the country on $100k per year, your reach is possibly exceeding your grasp.
    all depends on ones definition of comfortable as that scale is infinite.

Always exceptions, mitigating circumstances but in general I'd like to think $100k would leave one w reserves to weather a 2 month 'break' in income while maintaining a suitable standard of living.
    Agree. IMO financially sound rules are 6-12 months living expenses, especially since the 08-09 recession.
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

8. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is going to sound AHish in a way I think by growing up with a struggling single-family household it helped me deal with living on a limited budget at this point I'm not really affected and still can work (but limited). The way people are losing their mind right now is a nightmare to watch. Like I saw on the news people Michigan showed up to the government buildings with guns by the hundreds complaining about being at home with one people holding a sign saying this seems like slavery. I'm like is this what u think slavery is like? All they basically was did was just make the quarantine even longer.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Autogeekonline mobile app

10. Likes ntwillie1, grisby, PEAD19, Celabe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    all depends on ones definition of comfortable as that scale is infinite.
    And therein lies the rub methinks.

I tend to think of comfortable as being able to enjoy *some* of the things I want to do w no regards to fiscal considerations and future worry. Others seem to think comfortable is being able to enjoy *all* the things they want to do.

12. Likes grisby liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Just to comment, let's keep the discussion on the nice side of life, avoid going negative and personal.

Also just to note - the last time America had a financial crisis back in 2008, all the bailout money went to big banks, solar power farms, cash for clunkers, etc. and not the people. There was a lot of talk about "Shovel Ready Jobs", but I think the solar panel fiascos used up that budget.

So at least the intentions for this new endeavor are in the right direction - in my opinion.

I think the execution would be problematic no matter who is in charge simply due to the scale and complexity of society. No one's fault.

I trust the masses getting any funds over banks.

Post Thanks / Like

My hope is that anyone who receives stimulus money and "doesn't need it" goes out and 1) donates it, or 2) quickly spends it on products from local small business. That's really what it's for.

15. Thanks grisby thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, ducksfan, BillE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    And therein lies the rub methinks.

I tend to think of comfortable as being able to enjoy *some* of the things I want to do w no regards to fiscal considerations and future worry. Others seem to think comfortable is being able to enjoy *all* the things they want to do.
    No Rub. I feel the same. However running businesses isn't without cost to do so thus for example a law practice or property mgt company or other businesses that my wife and I run aren't free to do so. Furloughing employees because cash flow from businesses halted isn't something we can simply wish away. Being a business owner entails fiscal considerations and dealing with the future whether it is in our area of comfort or not.

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    My hope is that anyone who receives stimulus money and "doesn't need it" goes out and 1) donates it, or 2) quickly spends it on products from local small business. That's really what it's for.
    invest it. the market is on sale right now.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast