autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Stimuls check

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stimuls check

Quote Originally Posted by ntwillie1 View Post
    I don' know why people that are employed are receiving stimulus checks. Especially if they are banking it (not stimulating the economy). This should really be going to people that need it to survive due to being unemployed. I just don't agree w the way the money is distributed. I know attorneys that make close to six figures working part time and are getting money back. I don't feel this is the best use of the money. I think people that need it should get it, and not flat out giving it to everyone. If that's the case, they should give it to everyone. I'd buy a family a months worth of food if they gave me one, I wouldn't bank it unless I really needed it.
    Here’s a good one for ya, my sister received a stimulus check.. mind you she hasn’t worked for close to 6 years, well she’s a stay at home mom(which according to Oprah is the “hardest job in the world”). Her husband I’m sure makes over the threshold, but they file jointly so the threshold was not met in that case. When my mom told me she got one I’m glad it was through text because otherwise she would’ve heard me hit the floor..
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post
    Here’s a good one for ya, my sister received a stimulus check.. mind you she hasn’t worked for close to 6 years, well she’s a stay at home mom(which according to Oprah is the “hardest job in the world”). Her husband I’m sure makes over the threshold, but they file jointly so the threshold was not met in that case. When my mom told me she got one I’m glad it was through text because otherwise she would’ve heard me hit the floor..
    So your sister that is a stay at home mom of your nieces and nephews gets a stimulus check and you seem upset? Nice

Post Thanks / Like

I don' know why people that are employed are receiving stimulus checks. Especially if they are banking it (not stimulating the economy). This should really be going to people that need it to survive due to being unemployed. I just don't agree w the way the money is distributed. I know attorneys that make close to six figures working part time and are getting money back. I don't feel this is the best use of the money. I think people that need it should get it, and not flat out giving it to everyone. If that's the case, they should give it to everyone. I'd buy a family a months worth of food if they gave me one, I wouldn't bank it unless I really needed it.
    Just because you are employed doesnt mean you will not stimulate the economy. There are many individuals that are making less than a livable wage, those that work in low paying jobs like teachers, nurses, nurse aids, and police officers that deserve this more than anyone else. The stimulus package was to entice those to pay it forward. Pay their landlord, buy food from a struggling small business owner that owns a restaurant, buy food from a local farmer that is struggling because its major clientele was restaurants. This money was supposed to be used to prevent all out chaos because so many have lost their jobs. It is better than previous stimulus packages that only stimulated the big corporations which only lined the big wealthy manager's pockets rather than using that money to employee more workers. The government knows that the best place for money is in the hands of the citizens not corporations. I received a check and I will be paying it forward by supporting the "mom and pop" restaurants and small businesses to help keep them open and allow them to feed their families.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

4. Likes Celabe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vobro View Post

So your sister that is a stay at home mom of your nieces and nephews gets a stimulus check and you seem upset? Nice
    Just one child, not nieces or nephews.

Upset? Idk, maybe.. I think I’m more bummed that my wife and I combined don’t make what her husband makes and we both have side jobs on top of normal day jobs is all. We’ve yet to get her check and we’re both quite tight money wise. We live paycheck to paycheck and with God’s blessings we manage and can save a couple hundred when we really try. We rent a studio apartment, have one car payment, I’m driving a 30 year old car now, and have less than 15k debt, so we’re not living some ultra luxurious life mind you. I hope that clears me of my little rant.

So just a bit of venting on my part and I understand it doesn’t paint me in the best light. You don’t need to, but you’re more than welcome to leave a condescending sarcastic remark to this because you know me so well now..

6. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    I will be paying it forward by supporting the "mom and pop" restaurants and small businesses to help keep them open and allow them to feed their families.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    The first week my work closed down that’s exactly what I did. There’s a few small coffee shops in my area that I’ve been to and some I’ve wanted to go to. Unfortunately I think some may have closed, but the ones I was able to go to whatever the total was I gave the same for tips, it’s not much but it what I could do at the time.

I don’t have a ton of followers on social media, but always good to take pictures and tag the business and leave a nice review as well. It’ll help in a small way to bring more awareness to the business. There was a post made by a small business that said if you go to their website and leave a review it helps as people google and search the web. Not much, but when there’s not a whole lotta money in some of our pockets every bit like that can help.

8. Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO the entire thing is BS. Should have just had major utilities, lenders, etc. bump payments due through end of June to the end of their term or spread the balances in the case of utilities over the following 12 months, etc.

So much waste and pork belly crap in this country it's insane. Lenders, airlines, etc. shouldn't get a bailout. They've made BILLIONS over the last decade and had plenty of earnings to tap into or save. If they really can't do without the money then they should fail.

That said not everyone is getting a check. Some would say that's fortunate for them for being outside the income ranges, but we too have bills and careers that have been put on hold. Cash flow has stopped for nearly everyone not just those within a certain income range.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

O wow baby goat just appeared againStimuls check

Sent from my SM-G986U using Autogeekonline mobile app

11. Likes DMiglio, MattPersman liked this post
    Dislikes Flash Gordon disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just don't agree w the way the money is distributed. I know attorneys that make close to six figures working part time and are getting money back. I don't feel this is the best use of the money. I think people that need it should get it, and not flat out giving it to everyone.
    In part your point makes sense, but a coupe counter points to consider. I agree that if a family isn't financially impacted.....ie. they are still employed, have an income, etc. aren't experiencing disruption here that the money may not be needed. However, to the attorney comment, which my wife is a lawyer, they are indeed impacted. Lots of attorney's have plenty of work but getting payment on that work is going to dry up fast. The "evergreen" they work off of goes fast and after that, especially from businesses, it's not being re-filled.

In terms income, it really is irrelevant in most cases. I have really good friend who is an orthopedic surgeon who no doubt makes $500K+ but is now unemployed as most all his work is elective or non-emergency work. He still has bills and overhead for both his family and business.

"Six Figures" is really a subjective term as that range is from $100k to $999k and for a family of four in the US there are many that unless you're well over the 200k mark, it's really just an average life. $100k isn't what it used to be when that phrase was really impactful. Just a perspective from another view point within the world
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

13. Likes Klasse Act, fly07sti, MattPersman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ttq - I understand your point. My wife is also an attorney and although still working remotely and collecting her salary she has elected not to take her commissions at this time so that the firm she works for can stay afloat and keep everyone employed. Hopefully other attorneys consider the same til things stabilize.

That said, my concern is how the money gets distributed. There are clearly people getting it that don’t really need it at this time. There will be others that say I’m just upset I’m not getting one which is not true. And others that it won’t make a difference for. A guy making $500k a year? $1200 won’t pay his car bill, or mortgage, or any other luxury he is used to. Someone making $30k a year then yeah, this prob helps a lot.

However, if one makes whatever they make, and they are still employed, and they get a stimulus check, how can one argue that they needed it when they have been getting by on their situation all this time? The stimulus is a one time thing.

This here is just a general comment about my personal situation - I have plenty of bills, my wife still has a few years left on her law school loans. Neither of us were born in this country or w silver spoons. Everything we have and I mean everything has been extremely hard earned. We worked our way through part of high school and throughout all of college. Yes, we have known each other since we were 15 before someone asks. We have worked 2-3 jobs when we needed to. Now we work one job each but its no 40hr a week. We still work hard. So for people that think some are well off or better off than others just know it doesn’t come easy for all. Took me 12 years to pay off my college loans. We are still paying for law school, almost done thank god.

Point is, just cause we don’t need the stimulus at this time doesn’t mean we are less deserving. Just cause we don’t get a stimulus bill doesn’t mean we want one. I just don’t agree w how the plan was put together and how the money is getting distributed. If someone that doesn’t need it gets it, I hope they make the best use of it. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to mention a few more things - I have continued to support my local businesses and restaurants as much as possible although I am sure my gasoline station misses me, lol.

I worked in NYC when 911 happened. I had just left my job at WTC a year before the attacks. My wife had just come out of the train station at WTC when the first plane hit. When the cell towers went out and I couldn’t reach her I feared the worst. We’ve lived through chaos before and survived it. We will survive it again. At a time like this, we should just help each other out as much as possible.

I have also offered my IT services to my local church and school district although they have not needed it yet. And we have purchased bows to display on our front lawn that represent our support for first responders and all proceeds go to helping feed them.

Now, whats this cute baby goat pic about? Someone please clue me in.

And I wish everyone an amazing weekend. Its raining right now where I live but if it clears up I will go for a walk w my kids and then wash the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast