autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are sidelined by Covid-19, what are you doing to keep busy besides detailing?

Me?

* Painted our bathroom a color that only my wife likes, and picked out. :/

* Raked out every inch of fence line, (even under the bushes) that I have always thought "I have to do that one day....."

* Cleaned my gutters (even though not much was in there).

* Clipped overgrowth from my neighbors' bushes.

* Going berserk not working.........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Likes hoyt66, dman68, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: If you are sidelined by Covid-19, what are you doing to keep busy besides detailing?

I have a new mulch project I’ve been working on with my flower beds. Thankfully I was able to budget it in before the virus struck. I’m about 80% done

I also go walking every other day at 7 AM sharp. I do 5 miles now since my route along the beach is closed

I spend even more time here and on Autopia

Soon I’ll be in touch with my colleague about what is planned for when we get back to work.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: If you are sidelined by Covid-19, what are you doing to keep busy besides detailing?

NCAA Football 2013. Nebraska just won their 4th National Tile in a row. Don’t F**k With Cats. And of course The Tiger King

Post Thanks / Like

... Just clicked over week number one of our four week lockdown here in New Zealand.

The last time the shop had been shut (apart from planned vacation) was for the three days they kept me in hospital when I had my heart attack ... it’s all very strange, frustrating & admittedly, it’s pretty scary. Obviously COVID-19 is scary on the health side of the coin but also it’s scary for our business too ... we just kicked off into year ten of our little shop & 2020 was looking great, we were booked solid through until mid July & strong bookings through to September. Now, now we’re crossing all, our limbs that we will have a business at the end of this. Something tells me we are in lockdown a bit longer than only four weeks ... time will tell.

In the mean time, I’ve been catching up on jobs around the house, washing down the exterior of the house etc, catching up on AGO & of course spending valuable time with the family.

LEGO, well LEGO has been a daily staple ... here’s some FMX action from this morning ...

Aaryn NZ.

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Doing a little woodworking. An end-table for my sister-in-law to go behind her couch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails If you are sidelined by Covid-19, what are you doing to keep busy besides detailing?-20200401_191119-resized-jpg   If you are sidelined by Covid-19, what are you doing to keep busy besides detailing?-20200401_183635-resized-jpg  

7. Likes PaulMys, dman68, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm fortunate that I'm still getting a check as a corporate pilot despite not working in 3 weeks. My wife works in healthcare and has seen the poo hit the prop up close. I've been spending a lot of time with my almost 5 year old daughter and and 3 year old son. If there is one bright spot, it's that. I'm usually gone 15+ days a month and I have really liked the quality time with the kids. They've helped me:

Detail my truck, and travel trailer.
    Do some demolition work in the basement in preparation for some remodeling.

I've helped them:
    Learn to pedal their bikes. They rode over 2 miles today.
    Read 178098837 books
    Work on handwriting
    Potty train
    Introduced them to movies of my childhood
    938487474783 snuggles

Positives over negatives.

9. Likes Jayfro, DFB, Diner, rangerbay, mc2hill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been spending more time in this room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

11. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post

Having a setup like that was a dream of mine when I was younger (still kind of is). Just don't have the funds or the space now that I think of it. One day though haha.

13. Likes UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That is awesome I have 2 Lionel sets I want to run toward the ceiling of my garage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post

Wow!!!

That’s super cool UncleDavy! My Benjamin would love that! He fell in love with the Miniature Trains at Walt Disney Worlds Epcot Park ... you can see the imagination in his eyes ....

Aaryn NZ!

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

16. Likes UncleDavy, PaulMys, Diner, DFB, Jim w and 1 others liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast