autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Pharma ads

Post Thanks / Like

Big Pharma ads

Does anyone else think that these pharmaceutical ads on TV are on the verge of becoming a form of brainwashing? And when these ads air, I have no clue what in the hell the drug is for. But the side effects are made perfectly clear: headache, constipation, skin rashes, dry mouth, blurred vision, suicidal thoughts, vomiting, and who knows what else......

The "Big Five" advertisers are Pharma, Insurance, Cell plans, Auto manufacturers, and fast food. (No surprise).

But the Big Pharma ads are to the point of metal torture if you watch more than 7 minutes of the "news".

Hey...... Maybe instead of spending billions on advertising a drug for every perceived human condition (yes, teens get acne and some 77 year-old men experience erectile dysfunction), you could use that money for research and cost-cutting of actual NEEDED drugs?

Just my opinion.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Likes dman68, Thomkirby, Frank70 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Big Pharma ads

I miss the times of actually confronting our problems. Not hiding behind a prescribed drug

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

PaulMys, I PM’d you, please see if you got it, your inbox was full on my second PM to you.

Anyways, I can’t stand the pharmaceutical commercials. But my wife prolly thinks I’m the only guy left on the planet without ED, based on how many commercials come on.... so I got that going for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Here here Paul, I completely agree!
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    PaulMys, I PM’d you, please see if you got it, your inbox was full on my second PM to you.
    Empty......
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree.

I watched my mom and dad (dad's gone at 87 but mom is still kicking at 90) with their daily prescriptions, like 10 or 20 different pills/drugs daily, and I've made the decision that I'll never do that.

If I need a drug to treat an acute condition over a defined period of time I'll do it. But if, and whenever, my doctor prescribes me a drug that is long-term or forever, forget it, I'm not doing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Does anyone else think that these pharmaceutical ads on TV are on the verge of becoming a form of brainwashing?

Hey...... Maybe instead of spending billions on advertising a drug for every perceived human condition (yes, teens get acne and some 77 year-old men experience erectile dysfunction), you could use that money for research and cost-cutting of actual NEEDED drugs?
    Yes. Totally hate them. Also think that more people need to pay attention to their own health through what they eat/consume. ED is nothing more than an early sign of Coronary artery disease. In fact most all of our advertising is towards chronic diseases that are directly related to what we eat and can be resolved through diet. We need to stop using the excuse of "heredity" as that's nothing more than nature loading the gun; what we eat pulls the trigger.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

11. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s insane how there are so many drug ads here. Recently my parents were visiting from Brazil and asked why they have so many drug ads on TV. It’s very noticeable. In Brazil it’s super rare to see one and when you do, it’s usually some common drug for headaches or the common cold.
    I think here they want you to see that and desire the drug and by the time you see your doctor you’re already suggesting a drug to help instead of being honest with symptoms and letting the doctor diagnose. You may adjust the symptom list just to fit better to the drug you saw on TV.
    Bruno Soares

13. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree, but when then pulled the tobacco ads, someone had to fill the void and pay for all that prime time slots.

I am sure that most Doctors would agree with PaulMys, way too many things for patients to ask about and you can really expect those drugs to be premium priced.

At least I enjoyed the Marlboro Man scenery, too bad he kicked the bucket.

15. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thomkirby View Post

I am sure that most Doctors would agree with PaulMys, way too many things for patients to ask about and you can really expect those drugs to be premium priced.
    I've gone on GoodRx and checked the price of several of the commonly advertised one's. All of them run in the same price range. $5500 a month because of a huge advertising budget is unethical. Even if you have prescription insurance you'll still have to pay a good percentage of the price because of kickbacks commonly called clawbacks. I feel for the people that actually need these medications when there is no generic equivalent.

Years ago my mother was prescribed a Parkinsons drug called Mirapex. It was $750 a month because there was no generic. I found out that the Manufacturer Boehringer was paying generic manufacturers $60 million a year not to manufacture it. It's now available as a generic (pramapexol) and costs $25 a month. Egregious behavior to say the least. I loath these companies that place medications out of reach of the common man to appease shareholders with huge profits.

Rant over. Now should I purchase WG ceramic spray or WG si02 sealant that is the question.
    Mythos Black C7.5 S6 (sold) / 2022 Camry SE (Ice Edge)

17. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.