autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: And now for something completely different - a little levity in light of the current issues of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    We didn't need no stinking snorkle to cross the river.

Ah.... the good old days.....

OH WOW ! ! I LOVE Eric's truck. My wife would absolutely love that thing. It's massive by today's standards. I'm sure it was more so back in the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I actually like it. Never seen anyone mod a MB Sprinter Van like that? Pretty damn cool.
    Totally agree. Haven't seen one modded to that extent, and it does look pretty darn cool.

Mike Phillips

Re: And now for something completely different - a little levity in light of the current issues of the day

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post

OH WOW ! ! I LOVE Eric's truck.

My wife would absolutely love that thing.

It's massive by today's standards. I'm sure it was more so back in the good old days.
    For what it's worth, I helped Eric build this truck from the ground up. And when I say ground up, I mean from the ground up.

One day I went to his house and he had 4 pieces of 4" square tubing about 25' long, laid out on the GROUND in the driveway in front of his parents house.

Looks like this,

If you look at the front bumper, it was made out of 4" square tubing.

I asked him,

What are you doing?

He said,

I'm building a truck.

LOL - And that's how that truck started. That tubing was to build the FRAME.

Being my best friend, I told Eric,

I'll help you build your truck and then you help me build my truck.

To which he agreed. His truck started out 4" off the ground and turned into the truck you see in the picture above. This was back in I think, 1980 or 1981? And here's what's even better. He still has it today and it's street legal in Oregon.

I've shared this multiple times here on the forum but after we built his truck, he then helped me build my truck. Eric is one hell of a fabricator and welder. He can literally make anything. (he made the wheels on his truck)

Here's the truck Eric helped me to build. It's a 1971 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4. We fabricated our own body lift, frame lift, suspension lift and stuffed a 402 big block Chevy into it with a divorced Turbo 400 hooked up to a 2 ton military gear drive transfer case. It had 12" I-beam bumpers and a custom 5" tube roll bar and I cut the top off to make it a full convertible. Also has a custom soft top made for it. Drove it for 12 years before selling it. Used to pull my Sanger Drag Boat all over Oregon with it.

I didn't want to go as nuts and Eric did. Wish I still had it....

3. Likes Coatingsarecrack, PaulMys liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12