autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you keep in your car?

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    Not a good recommendation if loaded, as that is against the law in many/most states. Even if unloaded, there are then strict restrictions on how/where to carry your ammo. Safest best is to put the firearm in a locked container (but not glovebox or console) and the ammo in the trunk or another lock box (but again, not in glovebox or console).
    1) The fact is that it is not against the law in Colorado. The vehicle is an extension of your home and a conceal carry permit is not needed.
    2) there was no mention anywhere of a recommendation. The question was "So here is my thread question: what stuff/equipment do you keep in your car?".
    3) thank you for your concern.

2. Likes brianc636 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    1) The fact is that it is not against the law in Colorado. The vehicle is an extension of your home and a conceal carry permit is not needed.
    2) there was no mention anywhere of a recommendation. The question was "So here is my thread question: what stuff/equipment do you keep in your car?".
    3) thank you for your concern.
    I was thinking the same but you said it much more eloquently than I would have.

In Missouri it’s not a big deal to carry a loaded pistol around. I work for a pretty large company and it’s not unusual to have multiple people bring their pistols in the office. Depending on the department, we have show and tell day too.

4. Likes Sinbad, Misterpaul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brianc636 View Post
    I was thinking the same but you said it much more eloquently than I would have.

In Missouri it’s not a big deal to carry a loaded pistol around. I work for a pretty large company and it’s not unusual to have multiple people bring their pistols in the office. Depending on the department, we have show and tell day too.
    Thank you Brian. That sounds like a lot of fun. I would love to work for a company that had show and tell. It's no big deal in CO, either. I know so many people who do it. I can't, and won't, speak for 57 Rambler, but I would guess those are the laws in Ohio. Everyone who owns a gun is responsible for everything that goes with it, including knowing the local, state and federal laws. Happy Carrying!!!

6. Likes brianc636 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Instead of jumper cables, I keep an Audew 2000a jump start box in the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Instead of jumper cables, I keep an Audew 2000a jump start box in the car.
    Nice. As long as you can jump a dead battery.

I have actually made quite a few bucks from jumping cars over the years.

I never ask for money, but when it's offered I won't turn it down. Lol
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

9. Likes oneheadlite, brianc636 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    But, to be fair, as much as I care for and clean my car I honestly care very little about it. No matter my efforts it’ll end up drained and crushed someday. So I really don’t care lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think this somehow turned into an apples to oranges comparison. I can totally understand what you mean regarding your work vehicle.
    When it comes to any of the Cadillacs I’ve owned, I’ve always taken extra good care of them and in a perfect world I’d keep them forever. They’re also pretty finicky and expensive to repair when something goes wrong, so I tend to try to take care of them.

I should also mention that I’m no mechanic by any stretch. I do know how to jumpstart a car and change a tire, but TBO 1 of the main reasons I chose to buy my batteries at Autozone is because they install them for free. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmallluvr View Post
    if you run out of free replacements from the zone you may want to just suck up the extra cost and get an Interstate or Optima..There was one in my wifes truck when I bought it in 05 and just replaced it last year,,,thats a lot of years of hot summers and a lot of sub zero temps

all my vehicles have Interstates except my Honda which has a Duralast in it

BTW How are you healing up after your crash?,,all better I hope.,,this is the first I've been in here in quite awhile
    It’s funny you mention the Optima batteries... When the guy gave me the 4th battery for free, he walked my to back of the store and showed me 3 full pallets of Duralast batteries that had accumulated from customer returns... Right beside them was 1 pallet with only about 2-3 Optima batteries that had accumulated in the same amount of time. It was pretty eye opening.

I’m doing better now. Thanks for asking.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m going to have to personally go to Autozone and get a battery installed free. If only my car weren’t dead in the garage. I had to pay to have a new battery installed and the price went up considerably from 2 1/2 years ago when I had to do it last. I sure hope I’ll be able to make it to an Autozone next time.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

What do you keep in your car?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I’m going to have to personally go to Autozone and get a battery installed free. If only my car weren’t dead in the garage. I had to pay to have a new battery installed and the price went up considerably from 2 1/2 years ago when I had to do it last. I sure hope I’ll be able to make it to an Autozone next time.
    I don’t like messing with the battery. Funny thing is that everytime they installed a battery in my Cadillac every dude wound up saying something along the lines of “damn that’s the hardest time I’ve ever had installing a battery in any car”! Lol.

Every single dude, even the guy who you could tell was good at working on cars laughed at how much of a hassle it was compared to other cars. Lol.

They were short on help once and sent a female out there to do it... She couldn’t do it and they had to call another store and had me over there to get my battery installed. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    ... When the guy gave me the 4th battery for free, he walked my to back of the store and showed me 3 full pallets of Duralast batteries that had accumulated from customer returns... Right beside them was 1 pallet with only about 2-3 Optima batteries that had accumulated in the same amount of time. It was pretty eye opening.
    Talk about a singing praise from the employee for those durlast batteries... That's one step down from the guy just leading with - "Alright, so these things are terrible..."

Hopefully that was just their core pallet, not the warranty returns!

No way I'd wanna deal with a battery that much. Though they're not the cheapest option (And yes, I also know that theoretically there are only so many actual producers of batteries), I go genuine for batteries. In my experience they just seem to last longer. Disclaimer - I'm only seeing two brands on a regular basis (Audi and BMW tech), but it's not uncommon for the OE battery to last 6-9 years.

14. Likes Hammer77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I don’t like messing with the battery. Funny thing is that everytime they installed a battery in my Cadillac every dude wound up saying something along the lines of “damn that’s the hardest time I’ve ever had installing a battery in any car”! Lol.

Every single dude, even the guy who you could tell was good at working on cars laughed at how much of a hassle it was compared to other cars. Lol.

They were short on help once and sent a female out there to do it... She couldn’t do it and they had to call another store and had me over there to get my battery installed. Lol.
    My Cadillac is a pain too due to the battery having side posts and there not being much clearance to get at them.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.