autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you keep in your car?

I am owner of Peugeot 407 and quite often I use my car for weekend trips with a huge amount of stuff. Last week I went fishing with full back of fishing rods. Next one I'm going to try camping for the first time.
    So here is my thread question: what stuff/equipment do you keep in your car? For me it's necessary to have medical box, some extra food, water, gloves, and probably I will take walkie-talkie too for emergency situations.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you keep in your car?

I carry a chainsaw! I live in a wooded rural area where a good storm is likely to knock trees down and a few times a year they end up blocking the road.

3. Likes Hammer77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gum, spare change, a pistol, extra napkins, spare change, phone charger, ice scraper and a bluetooth headset.

Post Thanks / Like

I spend most of my time in my company car and I load it up with all of the necessary everyday things. There are two hard hats, yellow safety vest, yellow safety jacket, rain jacket, change of shirt and pants, sweat towel, snow brush, hand cleaner, extra gloves, first aid kit, water jug, tool box, bearing pullers, torque wrench, demo cases, catalogs, portable battery charger, portable tire inflator, and of course the detailing bag. It's a good thing that I have an SUV.

Post Thanks / Like

Other than QD, glass cleaner, and few MF towels......

I have a small tool pouch, my Buck knife, jumper cables, pen & pencils, note pad, tape measure, a lot of napkins, bottle of water, and about 10 of my favorite CD's.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    ... a pistol

Not a good recommendation if loaded, as that is against the law in many/most states. Even if unloaded, there are then strict restrictions on how/where to carry your ammo. Safest best is to put the firearm in a locked container (but not glovebox or console) and the ammo in the trunk or another lock box (but again, not in glovebox or console).

As for what I carry in my vehicles : MF towels, QD, roll of paper towels, pr. of work gloves, flashlight, multi-function knife, 100+ piece tool kit (Harbor Freight), roll of duct rape, roll of electrical tape, spare hose clamps, and jumper cables. Also a jump drive with my music.

Post Thanks / Like

In Arizona, water, water, water and more water... and an umbrella... One would ask why an umbrella? If the car breaks down, you don't want to stay in the car due to the heat but you need something to cover or give you shade you from the sun. Sometimes I throw my quick-start jump-pack in the trunk. Never know when the battery may decide to lose juice.

Post Thanks / Like

A small bottle of quick detailer and a towel. I think jumper cables with the spare tire as well. Nothing else. I hate any and every sound or rattle in a car so I keep as few items as possible inside. My hearing is really good and every little noise will drive me nuts. When I drive my wife’s car with a few items in door pockets or trunk I really start cursing less than a mile away.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Chargers, mints, napkins, music, lottery ticket slips (stop once for 2 drawings of Powerball and Mega), knife, flashlight. In the trunk a bag with glass cleaner, detailer, microfiber towels, spray wax)

Post Thanks / Like

I like to keep the bare minimum amount of things in my car because I prefer to have it clean and available at all times. Only things typically on board are,

Spare tire: [no jack. I can call AAA for roadside assistance]

Coins:

2 umbrellas [1 in each umbrella holder underneath both front seats]

Owner’s Manual [in the glove compartemente]

Windshield sun visor [tucked into the pocket behind the passenger seat]

Quart of oil/nitrile gloves/shop towels [inside the trunk cubbyhole]

Maybe a pack of dental floss picks and inkpens inside the center console.. CD’s when I feel like listening to music.

And that’s it. Everything else stays clean and wide open. No chargers or any messy crap like that. No exceptions. OCD style.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.