autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you keep in your car?

I keep nothing in the car but smell good

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

$20 bill for emergency gas
    Coins, etc.
    Safe bolted under steat for my CCW if / when I may not have it on my person
    Emergency kit with flares, knife, fix a flat, blankets, matches, 2 bottles water, etc.

other than that not much.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for responding. One more question: does anyone know where can I check any reviews about walkie talkies?
    Because I need to increase my car's stuff amount

Post Thanks / Like

Extra pair of ice hockey gloves( someone on my beer league team always forgets theirs),thick rubber gloves for pumping gas, snow broom, phone charger, radar detector, spare money, detailing spray n window cleaner with a bunch of MF towels
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

Post Thanks / Like

•During Ohio’s Winter season:
    -A bunch of tokens for the local touchless
    car wash facility; and:
    -some Waffle Weave MF-towels.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I’m a minimalist-ish. I keep 20-30.00 in change (organized of course), window visor under the back seat (visor and seats both fold up), Kleenex and a pistol.

I try and keep the truck in the garage most of the time so it stays clean so it’s not that hard to keep stuff out of it.

The wife is the same way in her car. She HAS to have it clean and doesn’t want stuff laying everywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

My car has a mix of things in it. Reusable grocery bags, phone charger, the usual stuff. I like to keep things neat and tidy but I relax my obsessive nature for the sake of functionality.

The only non negotiable thing I keep in my cars (ALL vehicles I drive) are jumper cables.

They have come in handy SO many times for random people who need a jump, and there’s nothing more infuriating than needing a jump (my work van needed a jump a few times before it went in for scheduled maintenance, bad battery) and having every dude at a job site say “oh haha mine are at home in the garage!” As if that is even a remotely useful place for them.

Jumper cables are an essential roadside item, as far as I’m concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes Mdjas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you keep in your car?

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    My car has a mix of things in it. Reusable grocery bags, phone charger, the usual stuff. I like to keep things neat and tidy but I relax my obsessive nature for the sake of functionality.

The only non negotiable thing I keep in my cars (ALL vehicles I drive) are jumper cables.

They have come in handy SO many times for random people who need a jump, and there’s nothing more infuriating than needing a jump (my work van needed a jump a few times before it went in for scheduled maintenance, bad battery) and having every dude at a job site say “oh haha mine are at home in the garage!” As if that is even a remotely useful place for them.

Jumper cables are an essential roadside item, as far as I’m concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dude, no way. I’m sorry, but I do not jumpstart anyone’s vehicle especially with my Cadillac. Never no way.

For 1: Everyone outta know their battery is on its way out long before it actually happens and should at the very least be prepared to deal with it. There’s many ways to be self sufficient. Call AAA or better yet buy a new battery when you need to and don’t skimp on it.

I’ve had my own father literally ruin his Chevy Trailblazer by accidentally jumpstarting another vehicle the wrong way... Fried the CPU just before he was going to sell it too. I had just polished it and he had to spend on a new CPU because it was un sellable.

Then just a couple months ago he calls me telling me he needs a jump... I get there with his Toyota truck to jumpstart the car, I specifically tell him to connect the red to the positive 1st, then the black to the negative post.. And what does he do? He connects the red to the black and the black to the red! I almost blew a gasket I was so mad. Lol. Luckily he didn’t cost himself another CPU but damn he came close! Typical. Dumb things go wrong when people go messing up things like trying to jumpstart a car.

A few months ago a young co worker was in the parking lot and he asked me if I could give him and his friend a jump with my car... I said bro “my battery is underneath the backseat and even though there’s posts somewhere under the hood, I don’t even know exactly where they’re located and I’m not about to try and search for all that + I don’t have cables” In other words, sorry but you’re gonna have to ask someone else. Lol.

I don’t jumpstart anyone’s vehicle with my car. I don’t care who it is... I’ll call AAA before I risk them screwing up my car. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny the topic of jump starting and batteries came up. My car has had a very weak battery since Friday. So weak it can’t start the car. Im having my mobile mechanic install a new battery tomorrow. Batteries don’t even last three years down here. Ugh....
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

New cars have a lot of parasitic/vampire battery drain going on, and if you don't drive them regularly and for more than just short trips to keep the battery well-charged, it can be a problem. On top of that, OEM's are putting in smaller and smaller batteries.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.