autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Precious metal investing

That reminds me that I have a new video out :

Hope you enjoy it and that it answers some of your questions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Are you talking about Silver or Gold Krugerrands? Silver ones are very affordable. Depending when that was you are talking about 10-20$ each. So 20 to 50$ per week. Nothing crazy. If you are talking about the gold ones, then that is different... probably 1000-1500$ per week... I wish I could afford that LOL

The one thing people don't understand about these coins is that they are money, real money. So you are not so much buying them as exchanging one form of money to an other.
    Yes, Gold Krugerrand. They were sure pretty!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    Yes, Gold Krugerrand. They were sure pretty!
    I think all gold coins look absolutely amazing!

Have a look at this : And prepare to have your jab drop

Post Thanks / Like

This is my new video this morning.

YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scrub-user View Post
    You put coins in special boxes, where to buy them? or you made byself ?

I use a box I purchased on Amazon for my coins and rounds: Robot Check

For the bars I simply use a plastic box I have.

Don't need to do anything special for stacking because the metal has the same value no matter what condition it is in. But I try to keep my bars, coins and rounds in perfect condition

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you invested in single stocks with a #### broker. Dont let that taint you from Mutual or Index funds through Fidelity or Vanguard. Single stocks are risky as hell. Im with you about the coins being cool and pretty to look at but shiny things are just that...Fun to look at, not investments. Investments should be boring and steady. Good luck!!! I do enjoy your videos
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Looks like you invested in single stocks with a #### broker. Dont let that taint you from Mutual or Index funds through Fidelity or Vanguard. Single stocks are risky as hell. Im with you about the coins being cool and pretty to look at but shiny things are just that...Fun to look at, not investments. Investments should be boring and steady. Good luck!!! I do enjoy your videos
    After the next big market correction I will probably try to find a better stock broker and get a SPY ETF. Right now the market is at the top so it's a terrible time to buy stocks. If you look at what Ray Dalio did in november, there is a very good chance the market will crash in march. So opportunities might arise afterwards.

I am 3 weeks away from starting in real estate investing... I just can't wait LOL

Thanks for watching. I have been working hard to learn youtube skills. My videos should start to look much better with each one I do. So much stuff to learn, I had no idea

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    Ask the Hunt brothers about investing in silver ...
    Not sure the Hunt Bro’s were investing or trying to corner the market, which they found out was really dumb. I sold my silver coin collection way back then at a very good profit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scrub-user View Post
    Hi there! Metals might be a defensive strategy in your investment profile, but when times are good, most financial experts seem to agree that precious metals aren't the best investment. If you do want to invest in metals, limit your percentage. Marotta says not to invest more than three percent of your portfolio in gold.
    Precious metals are more of a savings account, not a real investment. The goal is not to make money with them, although you can if you buy and sell at the right time in the market cycles. The main reason is to use them as an edge against inflation and protection against black swan events.

The other thing is that it's fun. So you can look at it as a bank account that is also a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Not sure the Hunt Bro’s were investing or trying to corner the market, which they found out was really dumb. I sold my silver coin collection way back then at a very good profit.
    Warren Buffet also tried to purchase a lot of silver and was forced to sell it. I am not sure how that works but what I know is that the silver market is very small compared to everything else. So if a major player like buffet decided to buy a lot of silver, prices could very easily explode upwards. That would be great for investors but terrible for companies that use silver for manufacturing.

There are several lawsuits against people manipulating the market right now. My guess is, once that stops, prices will correct themselves upward.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast