autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

MTE 2020 Orlando

I am booked and ready to learn at the MTE Education day but this is my first MTE to experience.

What can I expect to learn at the vendor booths on Friday?

Is this event more a discussion on products or will they offer any show discounts on orders?

I have seen some of the video's from last year and see the PDR companies selling tools at the show. But really wonder how all that fits in the overhead bins on the plane ride back home.

Just curious as to what should be my expectations.

And of course if you're attending I see you at some of the classes held by AG!

Kirby

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MTE 2020 Orlando

This is a new venue, but they should fill the ballroom it is being held in, and some larger items (inflatable work spaces/car storage) and outfitted vehicles will be outside. The classes are usually held in small meeting rooms near the vendor space.

Autogeek has had items for sale (with some show specials) and some other vendors do too, but most (Rupes, Flex, Lake Country, Buff & Shine) only have tool demonstrations (but look around for some SWAG - maybe a RUPES keychain, etc). But they usually have ALL their tools available to try, and of course, to ask questions about. This is sales event for them, so they are happy to answer questions, help you use tools, etc.

ASK QUESTIONS, PUT YOUR HANDS ON THINGS, and MEET PEOPLE YOU READ ABOUT!

The majority of the show (70%?) is PDR (some have HUGE booths), but Detailing gains more space each year. I usually spend 4-5 hours looking around, trying tools, asking questions, and catching up with vendors & detailers.

The Dent Olympics is interesting to watch - They get a bunch of the same model rental cars (usually white), put dents in them, and have a timed event to remove the dents. For the detailing demonstrations it is usually black rental cars. Mike brings his own black hoods & trunk lids, and Rupes has a red Fiat 500 front clip.

Last year it was held at the Orange County Convention Center and was like a grain of sand on the beach in that huge space, but at a hotel/resort it looks massive.

3. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post