autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Facebook Detailing group?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    After seeing this, I’m even more glad I’m not on Facebook. Must be nuts in that group. I don’t blame mods if they don’t want to moderate it.
    It’s probably one of the most toxic facebook groups I’ve been in. I was in it for a few weeks before I realized there’s very little valuable information posted there.

Mostly just people belittling others and arguing over what product is garbage. I remember leaving the group and thinking it’s embarrassing that the auto geek name is associated with the group, because it’s such a poor representation of the AG community.

I just have very little tolerance for unnecessarily argumentative people though, so keep that in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite was the guy on the AG FB page stating he had recently returned to detailing and wondered where people bought their products. The reply? “Wouldn’t it be cool if a company that sold detailing products created a FB page where people could talk about detailing?” Oh wait....

4. Likes PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was on that Facebook page for a few days, but it was just too toxic for my tastes. Facebook and Twitter just seem to bring out the worst in people. I guess it’s just the anonymous factor. Ok, boomer is tossed like a hand grenade, but I am what I am.

6. Likes Eric7810, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troda View Post
    My favorite was the guy on the AG FB page stating he had recently returned to detailing and wondered where people bought their products. The reply? “Wouldn’t it be cool if a company that sold detailing products created a FB page where people could talk about detailing?” Oh wait....
    Yea, I got a kick outta that too. Of course people jumped on him, but he's right and I don't see how people couldn't see that.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't care for the FB page either. It's nowhere near as valuable of a resource as this forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I was on that Facebook page for a few days, but it was just too toxic for my tastes. Facebook and Twitter just seem to bring out the worst in people. I guess it’s just the anonymous factor.
    I believe social media exposed humanity for what we really are; shamelessly self-promoting and generally spiteful.

10. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    8. "You're all idiots who don't know what your'e talking about"
    Close, but on FB it looks like this:

8. Your all idiots who don't know what your talking about

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Close, but on FB it looks like this:

8. Your all idiots who don't know what your talking about

Facebook Detailing group? Pretty much.

One thing that really stands out with even valid posts on Facebook is the reluctance to do a bit of digging (Either on Facebook or Googling in the outside world) before querying a given group.

When I started in on all this, I found Googling cast a far wider net, something I spent a lot of time doing before doing anything but browsing Forums, Facebook and other Social Media resources. Only when I couldn't find an answer would I engage (for the most part).

Many posts on Facebook start with "I know I coulda searched but this is faster so I'll just ask" Facebook Detailing group?

Immediate gratification w no effort expended...i.e. "Just tell me what to do"...and then maybe "I'll be back later whining about how it didn't go as I wanted"

13. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, Flash Gordon, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric7810 View Post
    I believe social media exposed humanity for what we really are; shamelessly self-promoting and generally spiteful.

With the exception of few fine AutoGeeks............
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

15. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I was on that Facebook page for a few days, but it was just too toxic for my tastes. Facebook and Twitter just seem to bring out the worst in people. I guess it’s just the anonymous factor. Ok, boomer is tossed like a hand grenade, but I am what I am.
    Yeah but with the intended use of Facebook where you should have your name and not being anonymous. Many have an account on there to be anonymous and especially the ones that just want to argue and belittle people and such. Then it's also much about how the FB groups are administrated. Just like a forum is. It can be going straight down to be the worst people only writes on there sadly. And it's a lot of work to admin the FB groups and forums. Since many admins do it for free it takes to be very great admins to get FB groups and forums great to be on. Without Mikes hard work on here during the years and still. I'm certain this forum would not be where it is at today and have been for many years. So this AGO and Autopia forum is something special in the forum world. On FB groups there are a very few closed or secret groups that just almost comes near to these forums. But with the amount of members here on AGO it's amazing how the most people are on here with how humble and helpfull to answer and helping out. It's something special that we might take for granted in a while. But looking outside of these forums it's often and not always a very different kind of how the people is on them and usually in a bad way sadly.

Yeah FB and Twitter and Instagram pull out many trolls and bullies generally speaking sadly.

17. Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast