autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I learned some valuable detailing knowledge on a YT video - YMMV.

I have my stuff sent to work mailroom then delivered to me. She has no clue what I’m getting.

2. Likes luckydawg liked this post
    Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL interesting kinda related to this thread happened, I was cleaning my room a few days ago and found the bottle of Kamikaze Overcoat that BudgetPlan1 sent me months ago. My car needs paint correction bad so I haven't used it yet. Anywho, I put it in the garage the other day. Today my lady saw it said "oh great more car cleaning crap" Oh, I should mention Budget sent it to me still in the box from Esoteric with Esoteric label tape all over it. So it clearly looked like I had bought it.

"This isn't new... I've had it for like 4 months"
    "how much did it cost?"
    "Was free, BudgetPlan1 just gave it to me"
    "just gave it to you... and who?"
    "BugetPlan1 Um, I honestly don't know his real name."
    "..."
    "he's on the car forums, he's just a really nice guy"
    "so you met up with him and he just gave it to you?"
    "no he's in Ohio, he sent it in the mail"
    "..."
    No more words were said, but I could tell she didn't believe me, and I don't blame her, my story did sound super fishy lol. A few hours later she came out "I Googled the product, wow somebody you don't know sent you something that cost $90?"
    "yes"
    "why again?"
    "Well, he said had accidentally ordered 2 and only needed 1"
    "So instead of returning the extra this guy you don't even know just gave it to you, wow"
    "Yeah, there's a lot of super generous people on the detailing forums I'm on"
    "Damn, I guess!"

The part about accidentally having ordered 2 was what he told me, but it sounded iffy so my story was probably even more suspect now.

was told there's no need for me to lie, so I felt bad. Then I remembered and popped on here to show her the thread where he offered to give me the Overcoat and then showed the PM he sent me saying he was shipping it out that day. Then I showed her the gifting thread and she saw all the stuff Budget basically gives away. All she could say was "damn if I make an account do you think he'll send me free s**t too?"

lol.

4. Likes SWETM, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j.williams@perpetualradiance View Post
    LOL interesting kinda related to this thread happened, I was cleaning my room a few days ago and found the bottle of Kamikaze Overcoat that BudgetPlan1 sent me months ago. My car needs paint correction bad so I haven't used it yet. Anywho, I put it in the garage the other day. Today my lady saw it said "oh great more car cleaning crap" Oh, I should mention Budget sent it to me still in the box from Esoteric with Esoteric label tape all over it. So it clearly looked like I had bought it.

"how much did it cost?"
    "..."
    "..."
    No more words were said, but I could tell she didn't believe me, and I don't blame her, my story did sound super fishy lol. A few hours later she came out "I Googled the product, wow somebody you don't know sent you something that cost $90?"
    "yes"
    "why again?"
    "So instead of returning the extra this guy you don't even know just gave it to you, wow"
    "Damn, I guess!"

The part about accidentally having ordered 2 was what he told me, but it sounded iffy so my story was probably even more suspect now.

was told there's no need for me to lie, so I felt bad. Then I remembered and popped on here to show her the thread where he offered to give me the Overcoat and then showed the PM he sent me saying he was shipping it out that day. Then I showed her the gifting thread and she saw all the stuff Budget basically gives away. All she could say was "damn if I make an account do you think he'll send me free s**t too?"

lol.
    I learned some valuable detailing knowledge on a YT video - YMMV.I learned some valuable detailing knowledge on a YT video - YMMV. If she creates an account, I could probably dig up something to send her!

All in the interest of domestic tranquility! Heck, might even be able to scare up some more Overcoat...always seem to have an extra sitting around somewhere. I learned some valuable detailing knowledge on a YT video - YMMV.

6. Likes SWETM, Coatingsarecrack, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

"how much did it cost?"
    "..."
    "..."
    "yes"
    "why again?"
    "Damn, I guess!"

lol.
    Awesome story and I can understand why your wife didn't buy the story behind it LOL. Budgetplan is an awesome and generous man! Then when she founded out it where truth she gets envy LOL classic.

I'm on my own and sure some family members asks why I have all of the products and if it's really necessary. But I just explains it's my hobby and I take care of their cars or offer to take care for them for free. Then that most products is needed and some is just that I want them. It did go overboard in the beginning with LSPs especially LOL. Now days it's mostly re-stock products I like and test out a product or 2 on the kind of products that I'm not totaly happy with.

Fun reading how you guys explain why you need products that you want.

8. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is a good idea start at something higher in price let them see it and they give you the speech then agree and then pull up the product you actually want which should be lower than the first product you show. They see your saving money and that your obedient in listening to them and bam mission accomplished.

10. Likes luckydawg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So Mr. BudgetPlan1
    I take it that you REALLY like the K Overcoat--
    Because I tend to stick with stuff I already like and know-- tell me what you like about it. What are your real world first hand exp. with it?
    @ one time I was thinking about a true"coating" and considered the miyabi but got cold feet. Your a highly respected fella here on the forum and your opinion goes a long way here
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I think that was a result of the switch from V2 to V3 of the product. V3 hadn't hit the US yet but was available from the UK so I ordered from the UK; Overcoat makes me do impulsive (i.e 'dumb' to most people) things. After receiving it I was down at an event for the US Vendor and saw a bottle on their shelf with a new V3 label that the bottle from the UK was missing...so I bought one of those, you know...just to be 'sure' that I had the latest version. And of course, I still had a bottle I keep at work for touch ups/applications and the bottle I keep at home for my own use and well, it kinda adds up. When ya end up with 4 bottles and actually only USE less than 1 per season at home, figr'd may as well give some others a chance to try if they were interested.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydawg View Post
    So Mr. BudgetPlan1
    I take it that you REALLY like the K Overcoat--
    Because I tend to stick with stuff I already like and know-- tell me what you like about it. What are your real world first hand exp. with it?
    @ one time I was thinking about a true"coating" and considered the miyabi but got cold feet. Your a highly respected fella here on the forum and your opinion goes a long way here
    Thanks
    As this isn't an AG product and we are in their ballpark, will send ya a PM.

As a side note, twas' the immortal Ronkh who first suggested I try this magical potion...

13. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

15. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luckydawg View Post
    I am a rare bird these days- I spend all the money that I want to and she never says anything. I dont even have a job anymore. Kind of like the opposite of a lot of modern day american homes where the man makes the $$ and the women spend it. She make most of the money and I spend almost all of it- she doesnt spend even 1/10 th the $$ I spend
    That's why you're a Luckydawg.

17. Thanks luckydawg thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I think that was a result of the switch from V2 to V3 of the product. V3 hadn't hit the US yet but was available from the UK so I ordered from the UK; Overcoat makes me do impulsive (i.e 'dumb' to most people) things. After receiving it I was down at an event for the US Vendor and saw a bottle on their shelf with a new V3 label that the bottle from the UK was missing...so I bought one of those, you know...just to be 'sure' that I had the latest version. And of course, I still had a bottle I keep at work for touch ups/applications and the bottle I keep at home for my own use and well, it kinda adds up. When ya end up with 4 bottles and actually only USE less than 1 per season at home, figr'd may as well give some others a chance to try if they were interested.

As this isn't an AG product and we are in their ballpark, will send ya a PM.

As a side note, twas' the immortal Ronkh who first suggested I try this magical potion...
    You have enough to overcoat your whole house.... and undercoat...... sidecoat.....topcoat......betweencoat.......recoat ......I learned some valuable detailing knowledge on a YT video - YMMV.I learned some valuable detailing knowledge on a YT video - YMMV.I learned some valuable detailing knowledge on a YT video - YMMV.I learned some valuable detailing knowledge on a YT video - YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Likes luckydawg, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast