autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

looking for a suggestion for a cooking gadget

I have a kitchen full of cooking machinery, a lot of which is way overkill for my skill level lol. I want to get something new, but I'm out of ideas. Here's a basic list of what I have

Breville Sous Chef food processor
    deep fryer
    pasta roller
    ravioli tablet
    convection/air fryer toaster oven
    Japanese knives
    bread maker
    stand mixer
    hand mixer
    Sous Vide stick
    a drawer full of gadgets to make Pizza
    Mandoline
    blender
    Nutri bullet
    waffle maker
    blah blah blah...

I have more stuff, but that's what I remember any ways. I'd like something different, not anything I could go buy at Target. I watched like 10 Crazy Russian Hacker YT videos. He definitely tests out a ton of weird kitchen stuff. I saw a few smaller things I didn't know existed that I now gotta have. I'm looking for something medium'ish, that's like in a $200+- range for me.

If someone doesn't help me, I might order this on Friday, it's in my cart.

looking for a suggestion for a cooking gadget-61xdvvtzqal-_sx466_-jpg

It slices tomatoes, maybe other things too but it's sold as a tomato slicer. I'm 99.9999% sure this wasn't designed for or meant for home use. I could imagine someone who owns a BLT restaurant and slices tomatoes all day it would be awesome. I like gadgets and some reason after seeing a YT video on it, I thought I should consider this. Someone here PLEASE help me not buy this, I'm open to any reasonable suggestions. And any suggestion would be more reasonable than a commercial grade tomato slicer right? lol That thing really is cool though, y'all should watch this video, it's the 1st item.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: looking for a suggestion for a cooking gadget

Hmmm ....

My background is in cooking & I love to cook still but time isn’t on my side much these days.

So, you may have one & haven’t listed it here but how about either a Pressure Cooker or something on my wish list, a Sous Vide.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    Hmmm ....

My background is in cooking & I love to cook still but time isn’t on my side much these days.

So, you may have one & haven’t listed it here but how about either a Pressure Cooker or something on my wish list, a Sous Vide.

Aaryn NZ.

OHH I didn't mention, I have a Insta Pot, love it. I also have a Anova Sous Vide stick. But... thank you, you're reply got me thinking. I have a pressure cooker, and I have an air fryer, but they have a lot of new pressure cookers with built in air frying technology. I have both but not in 1 unit! And the Ninja Foodi one's like $200 exactly, which is my budget! I don't really have room for another gadget like that, but I bet it's smaller than the tomato slicer I almost bought ha.

I recommend you get a Sous Vide, you can get a nice one for well under $100 on Amazon. I did a Prime Filet Mingon for my friend, she likes her meat well well done with zero color *yuck lol* Sour Vide'ed it for 2 hours then a quick sear in a cast iron pan. I had a bite and it was still so juicy. I usually hate well done beef, but it was juicier than a lot of oven or pan cooked medium rare beef I've done. And the magic it performs on crappy cheap cuts of steak is crazy. I've turned stew roasts into tender delicious steaks. I'm going to be doing some chicken breasts in mine today. It's absurd how moist they come out, even without brining them. I don't use mine a lot due to it takes a long time and I don't plan things out well lol.

4. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a decent Vacuum Sealer Machine? I'd imagine you do. Those are a definite must have IMO.

Or, maybe you want to try your hand at dry aging Meats, and making your own Charcuterie without a lot of the hassles. The Umai Dry system.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    Do you have a decent Vacuum Sealer Machine? I'd imagine you do. Those are a definite must have IMO.

Or, maybe you want to try your hand at dry aging Meats, and making your own Charcuterie without a lot of the hassles. The Umai Dry system.
    I have a Foodsaver yes, mine's kind of broke I gotta bang the top to get it to actually work, I'm out of rolls for it so maybe I'll buy some and try taking it apart to see if I can fix it.

And yeeeeees on the Umai Dry! home dry aged beef? oh my goodness yes please! And now that I'm thinking steak I remember mid last year a guy on Kickstarter made a home chef blow torch thingy. I just Googled and it looks like they're *suppose* to be shipping this month. It's literally a portable flame shooting gun, only in 'Merica! Here's a picture of it.

looking for a suggestion for a cooking gadget-grillgun-jpg

and here's a proud 'Merican using it

looking for a suggestion for a cooking gadget-hqdefault-jpg

I HOPE these ship soon, I know Kickstarter stuff is known to get delayed forever sometimes

Dry Aged steak + Sous Vide + Grill Gun to sear, hell I might die!

Post Thanks / Like

1. Panini press/grill. Stay away from the cheap ones made by Cuisinart, etc. And make sure it has a floating hinge.

2. Gelato maker. Musso is the Cadillac of manufacturers.

Post Thanks / Like

How about a GOOD-- real GOOD cutting board

OR

A Therma Pin

Post Thanks / Like

Can you give me a sun shot of your cooking machines?

10. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    1. Panini press/grill. Stay away from the cheap ones made by Cuisinart, etc. And make sure it has a floating hinge.

2. Gelato maker. Musso is the Cadillac of manufacturers.
    #2, I saw the price and wondered if it was Italian, saw the web site .IT yup lol. I just spent uhhh close to 2 bills on a pasta dough roller and Ravioli Tablet from Marcato. I love Italian food a lot, not really sure where the idea that everything made in Italy is close to the best, but I've always heard that. I know everything I see from there's damn expensive lol.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydawg View Post
    How about a GOOD-- real GOOD cutting board

OR

A Therma Pin
    I have a pretty decent cutting board, but $200 could get me a much nicer one, good idea. And I don't even have a cheapy meat thermometer so that's a really fantastic suggestion. And they're way under my budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Can you give me a sun shot of your cooking machines?

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to believe you dont have a meat thermometer-- I could not live with out that.
    Also- dont get a cheepy-- get the therma pin- its less than a c note though

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast