autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: looking for a suggestion for a cooking gadget

Quote Originally Posted by luckydawg View Post
    Hard to believe you dont have a meat thermometer-- I could not live with out that.
    Also- dont get a cheepy-- get the therma pin- its less than a c note though
    I had one and it broke, I'm the weirdo who has a $400 prosumer food processor but I don't have anything to check the damn temperature of my meat cooking lol. I honestly Sous Vide most of my meat though so I really don't need need one. Of course most people don't have the time or patients to always spend 2 or 3 hours cooking a steak lol. I don't own a grill at the moment. I do want a Camp Chef Woodwind with the sear box and a Ooni Pro pizza oven, but both are way out of my budget at the moment. If I was cooking meats outdoors I'd definitely get a therma pin and a Meater bluetooth temp probe thingy. I'll probably buy both when I have extra $ before I get my grill so I can have them.

Watching TV at 2AM last night I saw a commercial for Aero Garden, and it hit me like BOOM this is something I'd want and would use every day. Having fresh herbs on hand would be like really amazing.

2. Likes luckydawg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The reason I cant really live with out the thermometer is cause I do A LOT of smoking meat and grilling

Post Thanks / Like

An electric smoker. Not as good as a stick burning smoker but it maintains a constant temperature and it is easy to use.

5. Likes luckydawg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    An electric smoker. Not as good as a stick burning smoker but it maintains a constant temperature and it is easy to use.
    You are 100% correct

But you can get very close to constant with one of them temp controllers-- I have one

The great thing about the pelletts are load the hopper, turn the dial and walk away-- literally set it and forget it

Post Thanks / Like

I just picked this up for my smoking sessions. So far VERY impressed with the features.
    Signals™ 4-Channel BBQ Alarm Thermometer with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth(R) Wireless Technology | ThermoWorks

8. Likes luckydawg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

About 2 weeks ago I was at Costco, and they had a Thermometer 3-pack which was two Taylor Digital Thermometers and a Digital Timer for $17. I bought it.

One Thermometer is a hand held type with Sheath, the other has a remote probe with heat resistant cable. The latter is great for Poultry, or Roasts where you don't have to open the oven or grill to check.

10. Likes luckydawg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1 - Pellet grill/smoker. 2- Grill Grates for your grill. They are really good. X2 on the Thermoworks meat thermometer.

Post Thanks / Like

Lodge cast iron skillets. Or you say you have more gadgets than skill, go to some cooking classes.

I use my Lodge 10" and 12" skillets to make home made Chicago deep dish pizzas in my pellet smoker, cornbread of course, and the best sear on sea scallops.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNcoupe View Post
    I use my Lodge 10" and 12" skillets to make home made Chicago deep dish pizzas
    I use a cast iron skillet for deep dish pizza as well. Does a killer job ... you get a nice, even bake with a crust that is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

In a few weeks I'm definitely going to buy a few things suggested here, thank you guys. The other day I thought home made Ravioli would be nice on Saturday, but my pasta roller's oooold and my Ravioli tablet was suuuuuper cheap quality and I hate it. So I bought these, Italian made overpriced monsters. But so nice.

looking for a suggestion for a cooking gadget-pastastuff-jpg

So it's Ricotta, Parmesan & Spinach stuffed Ravioli with a creamy Sun Dried Tomato sauce, a salad and garlic bread on a load of French bread I made in my bread maker yesterday. This thread has me wanting a pellet smoker though!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast