autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2019 Fall Dragon Run, pics and stories

So I headed down to my yearly running of the Dragon and surrounding roads 2 weeks ago today. The 1st three days I stayed with TNcoupe and his wife, not the best weather, lots of rain2019 Fall Dragon Run, pics and stories

As soon as I got into Tenn it started raining and only stopped about once, so not a good start! We went out for dinner and all was good, about an hour away, The Country Cafe where I ordered catfish, slaw, hush puppies and mac-n-cheese, it was really good, HUGE pieces of catfish!!

Sunday morning came around, got up @ 5:15 a.m. and we attended a HUGE cars and coffee in Knoxville by 7 a.m. Now mind you the roads were damp, misty and foggy but it didn't matter, lots of cars were already there and still coming in, very impressive! Once we parked we began to walk around to check out the cars. I should also mention that Josh's brother drove out with us as well. We saw MANY nice rides, a great mix of exotics, muscle, JDM, Bro-dozzers, you name it!

After the show we headed over to Josh's buddy Clearances house and drove out for some lunch at Double Dog. I had the Wings and they were huge and flavorful, time to head out to The Devil's Triangle 2019 Fall Dragon Run, pics and stories

The roads were still wet but we went out anyways and for these roads you must be mindful, especially on the 3, uphill hairpin turns!!! Going up these hairpins has your d/s rear wheel coming off of the ground, I watched Clarence Corvette rear wheel do just that, pretty cool. We stopped to take some pics and we headed back towards Josh's house, having Clarence and Travis go their own ways further down the road.

Once back at Josh's we decided to wash the cars. I used my AMMO NYC FROTHE and he busted out the power washer and foamed and 2BM'd his Veloster N. We went to Jacob Myers for their GREAT steaks and got back in time for me to finish my tires and wheels as well as Foam my own car, I just had to do it as I've never done a real Foam bath of my car. Now my car sits because Monday were taking Josh's N down to Georgia to drive their roads and eat some German food!

Monday morning the roads were still damp but the roads we took to northern Georgia were alot of fun. We had lots of fog too but we arrived in Helen GA just in time for lunch at The Heildlburg (spelling). I ordered schnitzel (pork and peppers), buttered noodles and potatoe salad but for starters the pretzel...as big as the plate w/beer battered cheese for dipping, OMG was that incredible2019 Fall Dragon Run, pics and stories

We left there and I got to drive the N because I wanted to drive it and Josh a very large, single beer, LOL. I was given some instruction on how to drive the car, well, driving those roads in general as I have quite a trust issue. I felt I did fine but OB1 probably didn't think so. I know he was nervous on a couple sections as the soft shoulder, w/o guard rail has that affect on people, especially when someone else is driving YOUR car and they're from the "concrete jungle", LOL but there was never a doubt on my end2019 Fall Dragon Run, pics and stories Got back and a home cooked meal later, cornish hen, homemade vinegar slaw and a sweet potato, really good, Josh can cook!

Tuesday we picked up Josh's perf air filter from the post office and headed to Maryville TN, the Punkin Inn, place where I'd be staying the next 2 nights and leaving home from. After I checked in and unloaded my car we headed out. Josh took us out on the new section of the Foothills Parkway and it's really a SOMETHIN'2019 Fall Dragon Run, pics and stories From there we hit the Dragon where a Blount Co sheriff was parked in the middle just waiting for someone...not us though! We ate lunch at Deal's Gap and bought some souvenirs across the street at Killboy's and headed out to drive the Cherahola Skyway. Lots of SUV traffic out there but a good ride nonetheless. We met up in Tellico Plains and Josh headed home. From there I took the back way over to Maryville and relaxed a bit. The miles really add up out there. I actually washed car again, more AMMO NYC FROTHE and Brake Buster wheel and tire cleaning. As the sun went down I decided to hit the Dragon as I know there's less traffic and NO cops. It's a real enjoyable drive at night but you don't wanna push too hard because if something we to happen your all alone!

Wednesday came and it was sunny, finally, so I took the back way to Tellico Plains, had breakfast and headed out on the Cherahola Skyway, what a great day! When you pull off you can see forever, breath taking views! I continued on till I got to 129 and when I came up to Deal's Gap I made a right turn onto route 28 aka Moonshiners where I stopped at the base of the Fontana Dam and continued on to the top, again, great views! Came back down, passed through the Dragon where I saw 2 police cars and decided to drive the Foothills Psrkway again but from the opposite direction and I'm glad I did, WOW! Halfway through there I put in Poncho's restaraunt in the Waze and stopped for an early dinner, damn good food there. I retired early and loaded my car the night before I headed home.

Thursday was really nice but cool. I had a great drive home until I hit Chicago traffic, sucked as I didn't have to deal with ANY OF IT on my trip. I did get 39.5/39.2 mpg on the way home though, would've gotten better if it weren't for Chicago rush hour, oh well.

Even with my car sitting for an entire day I put on over 2100 miles for this trip, can't wait for next year!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes Mdjas, PaulMys, MadMerc, DFB, SWETM and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 Fall Dragon Run, pics and stories

Food anyone2019 Fall Dragon Run, pics and stories

4. Thanks Jim w thanked for this post
    Likes Mdjas, PaulMys, DFB, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cars and coffee

6. Likes Mdjas, PaulMys, DFB, SWETM, JKDesign liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

More C&C....

8. Likes Mdjas, PaulMys, DFB, SWETM, JKDesign liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finishing up C&C and random pics...

10. Likes PaulMys, DFB, SWETM, JKDesign liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Couple more...

12. Likes Mdjas, kevinkunkle, PaulMys, DFB, SWETM and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Some randoms from that weekend.

14. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, PaulMys, DFB, SWETM, JKDesign liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Check out Roger getting jiggy with the foam cannon!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

16. Likes TNcoupe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He was bracing himself like 60000000psi was about to come out the nozzle.

18. Likes Klasse Act, PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNcoupe View Post
    He was bracing himself like 60000000psi was about to come out the nozzle.

Pfft..... Rog could handle that with one hand.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

20. Likes TNcoupe liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast