autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Public Service Announcement!!! BEWARE!!!

Hello Team, Long time no me ...

Things down here in New Zealand have been absolutely manic of late & sitting still or even sleeping seemed an inappropriate use of time.

So, here we have it - in 62 sleeps we will embark on our next adventure to the mighty USA, & I think it’s best to warn any of you fine folks around the Orlando - Stuart - West Palm Beach area during the dates of January 4th to the 9th to perhaps steer clear of the roads.

We stumbled apon a predicament in our travel plans which left us no choice but to get a rental car to get from Orlando to Stuart to West Palm Beach & around & about for those few days. No big deal you say??? Maybe not but maybe so. You see, we drive on the left hand side of the road & predominantly the steering wheel is on the right hand side of the vehicle. Now, driving a left hand steer car isn’t so bad once you’ve been around the block but to switch everything up all in one go . . . . Hmmm ...

Aaargh! How bad can it be???

So there you go, don’t say I didn’t warn you! And hey, if you see us steaming up the wrong way of the highway - give us a toot & set us straight.

P.S - if any of my AGO Forum friends are around the area from the 21st of December in Orlando through to the 4th of January, where we will be heading to Stuart to invade Autogeek for a couple of days before heading to West Palm Beach & onwards to Houston for a couple days (9th to the 12th) before heading home to New Zealand, please please stop by & say g’day!

Aaryn NZ.

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

2. Likes SWETM, Jim w, PaulMys, JKDesign, VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Public Service Announcement!!! BEWARE!!!

Duly noted! I'll also warn my fellow houstonians as well! What are going to be doing in H-town?

4. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Aaryn, safe travels and would love to be able to meet up with ya if you ever got over on this coast of Florida!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

6. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Safe travels Aaryn! If you are in O-town for a few days, hit me up for a few non-theme area eating places.

And about the car, since all rental cars are automatics you don't have to add 'shift with the wrong hand' to driving on the wrong side of the road!

8. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A british guy I work with moved to the US 10 years ago. He said he came up to his first roundabout in the US and instinctively went left through it. Luckily it was 1am and there wasnt any traffic.

10. Likes Aaryn NZ, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    Duly noted! I'll also warn my fellow houstonians as well! What are going to be doing in H-town?

Hahaha, don’t panic - we won’t be driving in Houston.

Ahh, will be doing the tourist type thing with the Space Centre for the Boys & apart from trying to catch up with a couple of Detailers we didn’t really have too many plans. We are flying in & out of Houston so figured we would have a brief look around.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Aaryn, safe travels and would love to be able to meet up with ya if you ever got over on this coast of Florida!
    Cheers Scott.

What’s the travel time to you from Orlando or Stuart???

Quote Originally Posted by mc2hill View Post
    Safe travels Aaryn! If you are in O-town for a few days, hit me up for a few non-theme area eating places.

And about the car, since all rental cars are automatics you don't have to add 'shift with the wrong hand' to driving on the wrong side of the road!
    Thank you buddy!

Absolutely. You are definitely on my list of people to try & catch up with. Will keep in touch, as we are in Orlando for 14 days I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by TNcoupe View Post
    A british guy I work with moved to the US 10 years ago. He said he came up to his first roundabout in the US and instinctively went left through it. Luckily it was 1am and there wasnt any traffic.
    Cheers mate.

..... Hahahaha, don’t tell me things like that!!!

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

12. Likes mc2hill liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

So, here we have it - in 62 sleeps we will embark on our next adventure to the mighty USA, & I think it’s best to warn any of you fine folks around the Orlando - Stuart - West Palm Beach area during the dates of January 4th to the 9th to perhaps steer clear of the roads.

We stumbled apon a predicament in our travel plans which left us no choice but to get a rental car to get from Orlando to Stuart to West Palm Beach & around & about for those few days. No big deal you say??? Maybe not but maybe so. You see, we drive on the left hand side of the road & predominantly the steering wheel is on the right hand side of the vehicle. Now, driving a left hand steer car isn’t so bad once you’ve been around the block but to switch everything up all in one go . . . . Hmmm ...

So there you go, don’t say I didn’t warn you! And hey, if you see us steaming up the wrong way of the highway - give us a toot & set us straight.

Take my word for it - there's no way you can be any worse than many of the natives already here when it comes to driving!

14. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ, Thomkirby, custmsprty, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Watch out Florida! Crazy KIWI incoming! Lol

Have fun Aaryn!

16. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    Watch out Florida! Crazy KIWI incoming! Lol

Have fun Aaryn!
    Good thing I'm on the west coast of Florida
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    Hello Team, Long time no me ...

Things down here in New Zealand have been absolutely manic of late & sitting still or even sleeping seemed an inappropriate use of time.

P.S - if any of my AGO Forum friends are around the area from the 21st of December in Orlando through to the 4th of January, where we will be heading to Stuart to invade Autogeek for a couple of days before heading to West Palm Beach & onwards to Houston for a couple days (9th to the 12th) before heading home to New Zealand, please please stop by & say g’day!

Aaryn NZ.

I'm only a little over an hour away from Orlando so we'll definitely hook up, I'll head on over that way. I'll reach out to you before you head state side.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast