autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: gripaddict Thanks for the dislikes lol. Grow up and follow the rules of the forum

Perhaps this is off topic but it’s worth noting how much I enjoy this forum. Life is stressful and I find the discussions (and even arguments) about the smallest details relaxing. I’m a politically opinionated person and I enjoy the lack of politics and other controversial topics. At the end of the day everyone here is working towards a similar end.

I see Mike Phillips setting one of the best examples on the internet of how to respond to someone who’s comment may be snarky. I’m not sure how he’s done it for so long without going mad.

I have no idea who The Guz is but I read most of his posts. I consider his opinion to be the gold standard. (For example, I read a post recently where he said it was ok to put onr on top of a ceramic coat so i will be doing that this weekend.)

I do see people pushing their own services and content. I also see references to competitor websites. But for the most part I think the forum members understand and appreciate the written and unwritten rules. More so than on other sites.

We all have pet peeves, and I have gotten upset by others actions online, but at the end of the day there are bigger issues to worry about. (Admittedly, this is easier said than done.)

2. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: gripaddict Thanks for the dislikes lol. Grow up and follow the rules of the forum

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    I dont like that Idea. People should be able to debate respectfully if they have difrent opinions. That's how you learn diffrent things.
    Debating is one thing. Just plain telling the other person I don’t like your post is not respectful. State your opinion and why you don’t agree but leave the other person with their own opinion. We don’t have to pick sides or agree with everything everyone here says.

I’ve seen threads started and basically all they contain is a YouTube video, probably the ones Guz is taking about. I close the tab, don’t watch the video, and I don’t say anything. Perhaps the person has no ill intentions and maybe even took his/her time to create the video. So I simply ignore and don’t click dislike, even if deep down I don’t like it or see no value.
    Bruno Soares

4. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, dman68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never heard of gripaddict but there's one named Spam the Organizer who only uses this forum to promote his YouTube. Or at least he did I don't think I've seen it in a little while.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

6. Thanks fightnews thanked for this post
    Likes spazzz, rangerbay liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just found it funny that I received about 8 dislikes for 8 different threads all because I had mentioned that only one post is needed rather than spamming the forum. No reason to distract the forum and not be a contributor to help others out.

8. Dislikes gripaddict disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    I've never heard of gripaddict but there's one named Spam the Organizer who only uses this forum to promote his YouTube. Or at least he did I don't think I've seen it in a little while.

And like that.. he appeared!
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

10. Likes bfielder32087, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post

12. Likes bfielder32087 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by BadRims View Post

Perhaps this is off topic but it’s worth noting how much I enjoy this forum. Life is stressful and I find the discussions (and even arguments) about the smallest details relaxing.

I’m a politically opinionated person and I enjoy the lack of politics and other controversial topics.

At the end of the day everyone here is working towards a similar end.

I'm a political news junkie

What can I say, I pay taxes so I pay attention. But I don't go there on this forum or any forum, I keep it to myself and vote. It's all can do, so I do it.

My goal with this forum is to keep it friendly, helpful and accurate. Kind of simple but the kind of environment that will stand the test to time. I did the same thing on the MOL forum for the 7 years I ran it.

I see Mike Phillips setting one of the best examples on the internet of how to respond to someone who’s comment may be snarky.

I’m not sure how he’s done it for so long without going mad.
    I don't know how I've avoided going mad either. I get a lot of compliments at my car and detailing classes for my patience. And it takes a lot of patience by the time you get to day 2 and day 3 of a hand-on class simply due to the volume of content we cover and this leads to lots of questions. But I have empathy for others as I was once in their shoes, so I have grown to have great patience.

Now when I'm driving.... that's a different world. I see 2 types of drivers in this world,

1: The kind of drivers out to see the country.

2: The kind of drivers out to get from point A to point B.

I'm the second type. I know where the gas pedal is and I know how to push it down when the light turns green. I wish everyone could figure this out. I am getting more normal the longer I drive a mundane, daily driver SUV though.

I don't think it has helped that most of my life, most of my rigs have all had Big Block Chevy Fire Breathing Engines.

I have no idea who The Guz is but I read most of his posts. I consider his opinion to be the gold standard. (For example, I read a post recently where he said it was ok to put onr on top of a ceramic coat so i will be doing that this weekend.)
    Michael aka The Guz, is good people. The kind of guy that would give a stranger in need of help the shirt off his back.

:dblthumb2

14. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, The Guz, fightnews liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Debating is one thing. Just plain telling the other person I don’t like your post is not respectful. State your opinion and why you don’t agree but leave the other person with their own opinion. We don’t have to pick sides or agree with everything everyone here says.

I’ve seen threads started and basically all they contain is a YouTube video, probably the ones Guz is taking about. I close the tab, don’t watch the video, and I don’t say anything. Perhaps the person has no ill intentions and maybe even took his/her time to create the video. So I simply ignore and don’t click dislike, even if deep down I don’t like it or see no value.
    Agreed 100%.

The "dislike" button is childish.

I have never seen a regular, honest, contributing member on this forum ever even give a "dislike".
    However, I HAVE seen hot-heads, and people who get called out for being rude or breaking forum rules use the "dislike" option quite a bit.
    It's like their only way to "strike back" after being put in their place for acting like a jerk.

Get rid of it, or re-name it the "temper tantrum" button.

JMO
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

16. Likes BillE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Crazy that someone would do that.

Well Guz, thanks and likes for all the times you have helped me.

18. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post
    Crazy that someone would do that.
    Keyboard Cowboys are becoming the norm nowadays.

Lucky us....
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast