autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

FuelFed/Hinsdale Cars and Coffee

So it's been a while since we've been able to attend a cars and coffee because of Mother Nature...but not this morning, partly sunny and cool, like 41 degrees coolFuelFed/Hinsdale Cars and Coffee

This show is always great because if the variety, like the silver car down below, an 83' Manta, 1 of 8 in the U.S., never seen one before let alone heard if it. How about the 2 door G-wagon!! Lastly I'm sure Tony will enjoy the Volvo 122, I know we didFuelFed/Hinsdale Cars and CoffeeFuelFed/Hinsdale Cars and Coffee

Enjoy the pics everyoneFuelFed/Hinsdale Cars and Coffee

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Thanks SWETM, JKDesign thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, JKDesign, PaulMys, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: FuelFed/Hinsdale Cars and Coffee

Thank you very much for posting! Some fine machines there...would like to see them in person one day!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Chicago is a great car town, lots of Porsches tooFuelFed/Hinsdale Cars and CoffeeSpeaking of the pride of Stuttgart, there was an old 911 with a sticker that said "Don't hide em', Drive em", was a late 60's/early 70's model. There was also the modern 911R there as well and a GT3 RS, in addition to modern Ferrari's, a Lambo Performonte' (love how they sound!), etc, they were under trees and the lighting wasn't the best, sorryFuelFed/Hinsdale Cars and Coffee

5. Likes SWETM, JKDesign liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Roger I would of gone if I knew.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Larry A View Post
    Hey Roger I would of gone if I knew.
    Last Sunday of the month is Winnetka FuelFed, its Ferrari DayFuelFed/Hinsdale Cars and CoffeeFuelFed/Hinsdale Cars and Coffee

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome Roger and thanks for the lovely picture of the Volvo Amazon! I had mine stock and even with the steel rims. It where about that color when I bought it too as in the picture. But it where a bad repaint. The original color was moss green so I had it repainted back to the original color code. It was rare as they useally came with the light brown interior color but mine where special order with the white interior. Also had the original front inner fenders as original which also where a rare option at the time. Man does it look awesome drooling!

And the Saab 96 seems also to be in an awesome condition. Love the first versions of these with the 2-stroke engine in them. First that sound from them like it's a moped or light motorcycle is coming. Then comes the smell from the fumes awesome LOL. Saab made airplanes and still does today. But these 90-series has even today one of the lowest airwind resistance they have measured in the windtunnels. And if you imagine the body of a small airplane or the air gliders (the airplanes without any engine in them). You can see that the Saab 90-series has that simualar shape on it's body. Totaly flat undercarriage and and like a half drop if hanged up in the end of the car.

I'm also really like those Renault 5 Turbo. That has a mid engine LOL. And where crazy fast in the WRC Ralley in the 2wd class. As where the Peugeot 205 Turbo and was also a mid engine. The best thing with the WRC Ralley cars is that what they compete with must have a mass produced car modell. If I'm not wrong the Hyundai Veloster is such of a car too. Don't remember how many cars they needed to be manufacturing of that car modell they used in WRC Ralley Championship to be accepted as mass produced. Now they are far from the WRC car but the body and placement of the engine and other parts where needed to be placed as in the puplic car.

Don't it say Matra on the back of one of the cars? Is that what meant with Manta? Opel has a modell called Manta here. I had one and it where not like the common Mantas. It where called Opel Manta CC (Combi Coupé) and is one of the ugliest cars ever made LOL. And mine where Brown metallic also which made it even more ugly LOL. Opel was or is GM owned so the first Opel Manta had it looks from the Chevrolet Camaro from the early 70s. Think they stopped makeing them in 89 or 90. Popular car for younger guys during the 70s-90s.

Amazing cars and thanks so much for shareing your pictures Roger! A trip back on the memory lane LOL. Also had a MB 230 sedan of that MB 300 diesel wagon you have a picture of. That was very common here in Sweden as a Taxi car. And now I want a project with a classic car too LOL

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

That Saab 96 is owned by the guy who runs the podcast I was, 1 of several cars in his collectionFuelFed/Hinsdale Cars and CoffeeFuelFed/Hinsdale Cars and Coffee

Post Thanks / Like

WOW!!!!! Some beautiful, special cars!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing, Roger!!!

11. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful display of cars on a nice cool morning. Thanks for sharing Roger.

Yours looks great

13. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for info, I was wondering why I seen such a diverse group of cars on Rt. 83 yesterday

15. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast