autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

DeWalt cordless DA polisher

What do you guys think??

https://www.dewalt.com/products/powe...l-only/dcm848b

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DeWalt cordless DA polisher

2.1” orbit diameter?! Guessing that’s a translation error somewhere along the way?

Looks like the bare tool is 5.5 lbs, then + 1-2 lbs for whichever battery you pick. How does that compare to the cordless Flex?

Looking forward to more cordless tools hitting the market.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    2.1” orbit diameter?! Guessing that’s a translation error somewhere along the way?

Looks like the bare tool is 5.5 lbs, then + 1-2 lbs for whichever battery you pick. How does that compare to the cordless Flex?

Looking forward to more cordless tools hitting the market.
    From what testers have told me it has short battery life about 30 mins but cuts better then a rupes and I think it has a 12mm throw

Post Thanks / Like

The 20V MAX* XRDeWalt cordless DA polisher 5 in. (125mm) Variable Speed Random Orbit Polisher also features a brushless motor and variable speed trigger and dial. It achieves a no-load speed range of 2000-5500 OPM with a 15mm throw for a wide variety of applications including detail work on cars, headlights, windshields and fiber glass. The tool is also designed to be held either by its front-end gripping area or side handle (included with the tool), and it also has rubber molding to help protect the tool and the worksurface. The rubber molding also helps the user grip the tool, and finally, like the new DEWALT 20V MAX* Variable Speed Rotary Polisher, the Random Orbit Polisher features a battery housing that’s positioned away from the head of the tool. Its tool-only weight is 5.7 pounds and it’s 17-1/8 inches long.

Also available in fall 2019, the 20V MAX* XRDeWalt cordless DA polisher 5 in. (125mm) Variable Speed Random Orbit Polisher will come kitted with two 5.0Ah Batteries for $449 MSRP (DCM848P2) or bare for $279 MSRP (DCM848B). Both 20V MAX* Polishers will come with a three-year limited warranty, one-year free service contract and 90-day money-back guarantee.

5. Thanks oneheadlite, Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    From what testers have told me it has short battery life about 30 mins but cuts better then a rupes and I think it has a 12mm throw

I wonder what battery pack they used it with, a smaller amp-hour charge or one of the larger flex volts

Post Thanks / Like

Well good thing is you can get a. Adapter to run any major brand battery you want
    Like Makita, Ryobi or milwaukee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brenex View Post
    I wonder what battery pack they used it with, a smaller amp-hour charge or one of the larger flex volts
    Probably not a.flexvolt
    Willing to bet it was a regular 5ah

Post Thanks / Like

Amazon sells the bare tool for $269. Mine arrived today. Already had Dewalt 20V batteries and charger. The polisher is awesome! Powerful, smooth, little to no vibration. Brushless, 15mm throw, easy to find batteries, quick 15-20 min recharge, 3yr warranty.....this thing blows away the competition.

Post Thanks / Like

It's the new daily driver, have been using them for months with 5ah batteries. About 3 batteries per car is what I'm averaging.

I will say that after months of use the whine sound is starting to get to me and I have swapped back to my GG9 here and there when I just can't take it.

So whats been happening lately is the DeWalt for sides and GG9 for tops has been the best combo for me.

Being able to have clients pull up for test spots or do at home scratch removal in mind has been fantastic.

I take them to the local car shows and cars and coffees as well for test spots that lead to appointment bookings.

11. Likes oneheadlite, Loach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    It's the new daily driver, have been using them for months with 5ah batteries. About 3 batteries per car is what I'm averaging.

I will say that after months of use the whine sound is starting to get to me and I have swapped back to my GG9 here and there when I just can't take it.

So whats been happening lately is the DeWalt for sides and GG9 for tops has been the best combo for me.

Being able to have clients pull up for test spots or do at home scratch removal in mind has been fantastic.

I take them to the local car shows and cars and coffees as well for test spots that lead to appointment bookings.

I'm getting 2 new 6 amp-hour batteries. I did the entire hood of my F150 yesterday with one 2 amp-hour battery. Battery performance varies. Outside temp, battery age/condition, Lithium purity and quality varies in each battery too.

13. Likes JustJesus liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast