autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I’m out

Post Thanks / Like

I’m out

I would like that thank those of you who have taught me so much over the years. This was a great place with a great bunch of people. Always willing to help, no negativity.

A couple years ago I started noticing more people who just seem to be here to start stuff with people or attempt to put down others. My purchases dropped off from about 800-1000.00 a month to About 200.00 a month as I found myself coming here less and less. Keep in mind this isn’t just me, I’ve talked to several others who feel the same way. Personally I don’t need it.

Those of you who do this keep in mind there is a cost to keep this forum running and it’s designed to drive business. I personally know of about 5,000.00 a month of business that has just walked away because of the attitude of a few. Now 60K a year certainly isn’t going to kill AG. Of course that figure is just what I know of. I figure for every one I know of there are probably 10 more who have left. Now you’re over 600K.

Thanks again to all the good people on here who have helped me so much over the years. If you’re one of the ones who likes to come here and stir up &$*# or need to try to put people down because it somehow make you feel superior, I hope you’ll find another outlet for that instead of costing the good people of AG money.

I’m too old and too wise to watch any more of this BS happen.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

2. Thanks KBsToy, BudgetPlan1, bobonit thanked for this post
    Likes DETAILROOKIE, BudgetPlan1, DBAILEY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I’m out

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    I would like that thank those of you who have taught me so much over the years. This was a great place with a great bunch of people. Always willing to help, no negativity.

A couple years ago I started noticing more people who just seem to be here to start stuff with people or attempt to put down others. My purchases dropped off from about 800-1000.00 a month to About 200.00 a month as I found myself coming here less and less. Keep in mind this isn’t just me, I’ve talked to several others who feel the same way. Personally I don’t need it.

Those of you who do this keep in mind there is a cost to keep this forum running and it’s designed to drive business. I personally know of about 5,000.00 a month of business that has just walked away because of the attitude of a few. Now 60K a year certainly isn’t going to kill AG. Of course that figure is just what I know of. I figure for every one I know of there are probably 10 more who have left. Now you’re over 600K.

Thanks again to all the good people on here who have helped me so much over the years. If you’re one of the ones who likes to come here and stir up &$*# or need to try to put people down because it somehow make you feel superior, I hope you’ll find another outlet for that instead of costing the good people of AG money.

I’m too old and too wise to watch any more of this BS happen.
    AMEN! The culture of this forum has definitely changed and it is becoming a "facebook" with the constant drama. The culture of AG has changed as well. It used to be about learning and enjoying our craft together, but that has gone away, and now the company seems to be after sales and class enlistments only versus actually helping fellow detailers (customers) and honest product reviews. Detailers cant even write an honest review without having other members bash them because it is not the brand that they prefer, different strokes for different folks, but people have forgotten that everyone's experience is different. I'm not sure what caused the shift, but it is disheartening and disappointing. Even with the constant 25% off sales, I find myself buying less and less due to the new culture and lack of care. Hopefully itll go back to the good ol days sometime soon.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

4. Likes dragan75 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Best of luck and future enjoyment to you DaveT.

Sorry if I at any point was one of those grumpy posters that turned off you or others... definitely far from perfect here. And I recall a few scuffles I may have been in on the forums but overall I will try to be a useful, positive poster going forward. Hopefully everyone takes these unfortunate feelings and tries to be better people. The world could use a lot of that in general.

Post Thanks / Like

Has there been drama lately? I haven't noticed any in many years actually. back when 3D owned this forum, drama was a daily occurrence but not since AG bought it.

edit: totally thought he was talking about Autopia lol

Post Thanks / Like

Dude take a deep breath and relax. No reason to let some of these members get to you. You have to roll with the punches and let it go. Life is not fun if everything is taken so serious.

Regardless of the change in culture this forum still has many good people.

Anyway see you over on Autopia lol.

8. Likes TTQ B4U, fly07sti, Hermes1, PaulMys, Vegas1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to see you go Dave. This forum thrives on user input and the more users the better (usually). I haven’t noticed any out of the normal behavior lately and the mods do a good job of keeping the personal attacks to a minimum. Hopefully you will miss the forum and return at a later date.

10. Likes Hermes1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Sorry to see you go Dave. This forum thrives on user input and the more users the better (usually). I haven’t noticed any out of the normal behavior lately and the mods do a good job of keeping the personal attacks to a minimum. Hopefully you will miss the forum and return at a later date.
    ^^ this. I guess I just don't pay attention to the BS that evidently goes on here.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

12. Likes Hermes1, rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry to hear this Dave. I hope that you'll reconsider. I for one surely do not wish to see you go. Perhaps a short vacation from the forum will help.
    I've always considered you a good friend, you helped me a lot, and I've never forgotten your kindness and consideration towards me.

I'm certain that you've bestowed your kindness and thoughtfulness to other forum members as well.

Yes, the forum and PBMG has evolved, grown, there's new members coming every day, it's a very popular place I reckon.

I cannot speak for others, but only hoping that my membership and participation has been beneficial to others, and hope my interactions and acceptance from others has remained consistent, and honorable.

Post Thanks / Like

I understand where your coming from Dave, I took a break from AG myself and while no angel myself for sure, the 7 month break was a good thing. I will also say that Ric's recent accident really made me stop and think about how I acted here, as well as a few PM's with Mike Phillip's before I decided to come back. It's really not worth it to take such a hard stand for an inexpensive, short term Gloss Enhancer for instance.

As far as the drama I haven't noticed anything lately but obviously there's something to turn you off of the forum. That said, maybe take a hiatus like I did, do your thing and come on back

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

15. Likes Hermes1, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I took a hiatus from the other site for quite a long time before I came back. Sometimes it’s needed and is beneficial.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

17. Likes Klasse Act, Hermes1, PaulMys liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.